Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

ok glad someone else joining the list so good luck contractor and hope your wait is not too long.

so waiting list at 31st march is,

tigerjohn 15th march = 2week and 2days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 4days,

contractor, 31st march = 1day,

hope more people join us very soon?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

We handed our application in on the 7th March and my wife got the text saying her passport is ready for collection yesterday (the 4th april). Less than a month!!!

we are so nervous as she is going to collect it first thing monday morning. You all the know the feeling though.

With all the good advice you have given on here there is no reason why they should deny us,just praying they dont find one.

Will let you know the outcome monday.

Kind Regards

Hi All

We handed our application in on the 7th March and my wife got the text saying her passport is ready for collection yesterday (the 4th april). Less than a month!!!

we are so nervous as she is going to collect it first thing monday morning. You all the know the feeling though.

With all the good advice you have given on here there is no reason why they should deny us,just praying they dont find one.

Kind Regards

Very best of luck to you both.

Regards

so waiting list at 2nd april is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, 3wk and 4days, outcome unknown?

tigerjohn 15th march = 2week and 2days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 4days,

contractor, 31st march = 1day,

thanks for the info shady and keep us posted, the best of luck to you on monday im sure you be ok pal,

so waiting list at 2nd april is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, 3wk and 4days, outcome unknown?

tigerjohn 15th march = 2week and 4days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 6 days,

contractor, 31st march = 3day,

sorry made mistake on 1st post lol

Hi All

Kind Regards

Thats great news :-) Hope she got it okay I will log on tomorrow night to see the result.

Hi All

Yes Yes Yes..... we got the result we deserved and had planned carefully. A great weight feels like it has lifted.

Thanks for all the support and valuable advice you have given me,this forum is knowledge gold.

I will be looking over the forum for next few weeks to see the good news from the members that have supported us with our application.

Kind Regards

well done shady and thanx for coming back to give us the outcome and good luck to you both in the uk pal,

waiting list at 4th april is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, waited 3wk and 4days, successful

tigerjohn 15th march = 2week and 6 days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 1week and 1day,

contractor, 31st march = 5 day,

Hi All

Yes Yes Yes..... we got the result we deserved and had planned carefully. A great weight feels like it has lifted.

Thanks for all the support and valuable advice you have given me,this forum is knowledge gold.

I will be looking over the forum for next few weeks to see the good news from the members that have supported us with our application.

Kind Regards

Well done and congratulations. All the best.

Rgds

waiting list at 9th april is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, waited 3wk and 4days, successful

tigerjohn 15th march = 3week and 5days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 1week and 6day,

contractor, 31st march = 1week and 3day,

things will slow down a little bit now lads, embassy shut for songkran this week and easter week after?

Hi All

Kind Regards

Congratulations thats great news.

Tigerjohn is next for the good news.

i hope so english but have a feeling we may have to wait until embassy opens again after songkran, stupid thai holidays LOL,

Yeah and I thought the Spanish had loads of Holidays.

This Embassy has the best of both worlds Thai and British Holidays.

And I bet they have a week off for Williams Wedding too.

i hope so english but have a feeling we may have to wait until embassy opens again after songkran, stupid thai holidays LOL,

haha no not quite as bad as that english, 3days this week for songkran, then good friday and easter monday, then 1day on the 29th for the wedding, so 6days lost in april?

haha no not quite as bad as that english, 3days this week for songkran, then good friday and easter monday, then 1day on the 29th for the wedding, so 6days lost in april?

We might be able to jump the queue due to bad circumstances.

My 82 yr old gran is very sick in Hospital and mum is trying to get a letter today I can email to the Embassy. They have told me they will look at her Visa immediately if i can get the letter to them.

They think she might have a blood clot on her lung The X-rays this afternoon will confirm if it is or not.

My 82 yr old gran is very sick in Hospital and mum is trying to get a letter today I can email to the Embassy. They have told me they will look at her Visa immediately if i can get the letter to them.

They think she might have a blood clot on her lung The X-rays this afternoon will confirm if it is or not.

very sorry to hear your bad news english and if you jump the queue good luck to you pal, but let me tell you a story, when my wifes app was in last july my father was dying of lung cancer and i did exactly the same thing as you, the outcome was they made me wait as long as everyone else in the queue but luckily my wife got the visa after 8wks and made it to uk just before my father died, but best of luck to you mate,

very sorry to hear your bad news english and if you jump the queue good luck to you pal, but let me tell you a story, when my wifes app was in last july my father was dying of lung cancer and i did exactly the same thing as you, the outcome was they made me wait as long as everyone else in the queue but luckily my wife got the visa after 8wks and made it to uk just before my father died, but best of luck to you mate,

I'm glad she was able to make it. I presume the Hospital didn't give you a letter then?

The hospital wont give us a letter because they say it's not life and death. I think they just don't want to put their name to anything.

An 82 yr old woman needs an operation of course it's life and death :-( I'm prepared to go back alone first if need be then come back to get my wife.

totally agree with you english, in my case i offered to get a letter and my dads dr was willing to give me one but embassy never replied to my letters at all so it was a case for me of sit and wait and see if they acted on my pleas for them to look at her application but they never did, but im sure after songkran we will not have to wait too long, good luck whatever you decide to do pal,

totally agree with you english, in my case i offered to get a letter and my dads dr was willing to give me one but embassy never replied to my letters at all so it was a case for me of sit and wait and see if they acted on my pleas for them to look at her application but they never did, but im sure after songkran we will not have to wait too long, good luck whatever you decide to do pal,

Cheers - my sister has gone from Wales for 2 weeks to help take care so I'll just sit and wait here in LOS for now.

I hope we don't wait too long after Songkran I will book flights for 20th May anyway as they are still quite cheap and if i lose the money on Kookkai's then so be it. I need to renew my O Visa anyway so have to go back in May regardless.

waiting list at 19th april is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, waited 3wk and 5days, successful

tigerjohn 15th march = 5week and 1days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 3week and 2day,

contractor, 31st march = 2week and 6day,

well lads even taking the 3days lost for songkran out of the equation seems to me like waiting time is starting to get longer just as it did last year, when you look at shadyacres waiting it has lengthened by a week already,??? heres hoping soon "eh"

waiting list at 19th april is,

shadyacres29, 07 march - 01 april, waited 3wk and 5days, successful

tigerjohn 15th march = 5week and 1days,

englishinsiam, 28th march = 3week and 2day,

contractor, 31st march = 2week and 6day,

well lads even taking the 3days lost for songkran out of the equation seems to me like waiting time is starting to get longer just as it did last year, when you look at shadyacres waiting it has lengthened by a week already,??? heres hoping soon "eh"

Here's hoping yours comes soon Tigerjohn as I'll be next :-)

sure hope so english its seems like its dragging on a bit too much now LOL

There is really no logical reason for them to make us wait like this other than just being Pedantic.

We are paying a lot of money for this 'service' My Italian friend got a Schenken agreed for his gf on the spot and there was no fee. I know thats a tourist Visa but the Brits even make a tourist Visa hard work.

I think you'll be hearing within the week and me two weeks :-)

Apply at a quiet time and the visa will be issued within a few days. I have known them to be ready the next day; visit and settlement. Apply at a busy time and I'm afraid you'll have to wait longer. Applications are processed in the order they are received, so the reason for the wait is the number of applications in the queue ahead of yours.

Apply at a quiet time and the visa will be issued within a few days. I have known them to be ready the next day; visit and settlement. Apply at a busy time and I'm afraid you'll have to wait longer. Applications are processed in the order they are received, so the reason for the wait is the number of applications in the queue ahead of yours.

i fully understand that 7by7 i went through it last year and waited nearly 9wk during june and august, but what is hard to work out is how shadyacres put his in on the 7th march and got it 1st april, he waited 3wk 5days and since 1st of april to now the waiting has gone to 5wk 3days and still no reply now until at least tues that would then be 6wk 1day??? ok i know theres been songkran and now easter but it will be interesting to see the figures for march and april when they come out just how many settlement applications were dealt with then we will know just how busy they are suppose to be?? i always thought it was only now that it is coming into the busy period for applications going in thats why we got ours in in march to try and beat the rush but looks like i was wrong LOL, but honestly looking at ladyinter and this site it looks to me like no visas have been processed for some time now????

i fully understand that 7by7 i went through it last year and waited nearly 9wk during june and august, but what is hard to work out is how shadyacres put his in on the 7th march and got it 1st april, he waited 3wk 5days and since 1st of april to now the waiting has gone to 5wk 3days and still no reply now until at least tues that would then be 6wk 1day??? ok i know theres been songkran and now easter but it will be interesting to see the figures for march and april when they come out just how many settlement applications were dealt with then we will know just how busy they are suppose to be?? i always thought it was only now that it is coming into the busy period for applications going in thats why we got ours in in march to try and beat the rush but looks like i was wrong LOL, but honestly looking at ladyinter and this site it looks to me like no visas have been processed for some time now????

P,S, the last one to get on ladyinter applied on the 10th march (5 days before mine) and recieved on the 5th april, now i cannot get reply until at least 21days after that application, how is that explained???

I can see your point, but you do need to remember that posters on both this forum and ladyinter represent a tiny fraction of all applications recieved.

Table 1a of this document shows the quarterly figures for all visas issued from 2007 to 2010 (Thailand is on line 106).

2009: Q4; 8,425.

2010: Q1; 13,925. Q2; 12,170. Q3; 16,380. Q4; 9,690.

These figures do not show when the applications were submitted, nor the processing times; but you can see an increasing trend as the year progresses which then drops at the end of the year as less applications are submitted and they clear the backlog.

To be fair to them, all the guidance issued does tell settlement applicants that they should allow up to three months for their application to be processed.

A mate of mine has just been turned down for a Tourist Visa for his GF they have lived together for over a year He earns over 5,000 Euros a month as a German Translator for Mercedes pays all his tax to the German gov't. Got a Schenken Visa okay but as his daughter is getting married in England applied for a UK Visit Visa and was refused. This means his GF will be stuck in Germany on her own for 5 days while he attends his daughters wedding.

I will see him Monday and he will show me the refusal letter.