Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

A result in seven weeks? Lets hope its good news. Fingers crossed for you.

yeah 7 weeks ,,, the waiting times have been going up every month,, hopefully they on there way down,, hope so cos we put ours in 2 days after farrangkeenok yim

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this maybe for a Fiancee Visa rather than settlement ?

"Applied on the 17th May , fingers crossed for the fiancee visa as my child already has his british passport and is waiting to see his daddy" - Farangkeenok

"Applied on the 17th May , fingers crossed for the fiancee visa as my child already has his british passport and is waiting to see his daddy" - Farangkeenok

sorry have i been posting in wrong section ? i thought fiancee and settlement was kinda the same , my bad

sorry have i been posting in wrong section ? i thought fiancee and settlement was kinda the same , my bad

no problems mate,thought 7 weeks was a bit quick for settlement,, spouse and settlement are the same visa,s,, best wishes to you and your fiancee anyway,, cheers

Visa Granted , they are coming over after the 20th July as thats the date we put down . sorry for putting this in wrong section but happy days now . and i wish the rest of you still waiting good luck :jap::jap::jap::jap::jap:

[/quote

Excellent news Farrangkeenok ! We're 3 days after you so hopefully we should hear this week and we had a phone interview after 2 weeks but hey never mind so long as we get the right result. !

hi all

On the 13h July 2011, my wife and her two children applied for a settlement visa to come and live with me in the uk. Can you please add my name to your list of people waiting.

(my wife did not have the court issued por kor 14 for her daughter. we knew this. so submitting the application was a risk. we have a valid ampur issued por kor 14 ( temporary paper), we went to the courts last monday and were awarded a full por kor 14. however it cannot be issued until one month has passed, so we could not submit it in our application. we did submit court papers saying this. the vfs global man was happy with our papers - but of course, he is just an agent, - he did say it would be up to the eco. as i said, it is a risk. so fingers crossed )

hi guys

me and the missus are down on Koh Phangan at the moment and got the text message on wednesday " your application has been been proccessed and passport sent to you by courier" (to chiang mai) wonderful but is it good news? we could only get back by saturday as everything is booked out and courier is closed until monday! so we called the couriers and gave her details and low and behold they opened it and read it for us- bingo, success. changing my flight back and booking flights for her right now. good luck to the rest o you guys and sad to hear about Brynpugh, hope the appeal is swift and successful

Edited by leafmould

Fiance and spouse are both categories of settlement visa. You have not been posting in the wrong section.

hi guys

me and the missus are down on Koh Phangan at the moment and got the text message on wednesday " your application has been been proccessed and passport sent to you by courier" (to chiang mai) wonderful but is it good news? we could only get back by saturday as everything is booked out and courier is closed until monday! so we called the couriers and gave her details and low and behold they opened it and read it for us- bingo, success. changing my flight back and booking flights for her right now. good luck to the rest o you guys and sad to hear about Brynpugh, hope the appeal is swift and successful

congrats leafmould and good luck in the future, and kunash we too did not have court papers we only had khor por 14 from amphur, didnt stop us pal, good luck

hi guys

Congrats to you both and thank you for the support:)

Hello everyone,

I have never posted on here before but have been reading and studying the waiting times like a lot of other people nearly everyday.

My wife and I applied for a settlement visa on the 20th May and looking at the waiting times I was expecting an 11 week wait. Today after exactly 8 weeks Nittaya received the sms and collected her visa today. She has already booked the flight to arrive in LHR on Sunday evening. God know’s how I will have time to clean the house before then!

So hopefully good news for everybody as the waiting time has suddenly crashed. The hopeful date we put on the application went weeks ago so that was nothing to do with the quick visa.

In case anybody is wondering if I did anything differently then the answer would probably be no and actually probably less than a lot of applicants. Nittaya had been in England for 4 and a half months before we both flew back to BKK and got married and also she had been in England for 6 weeks over Christmas so we did not have many e-mails etc as evidence.

We submitted about 20 pictures, 40-50 old e-mails, the usual telephone bills etc and one A4 letter from me. All basic and to the point.

I just wanted to write, say thank you to everyone who posts on here as it has been a big help and try to give a little something back.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I have never posted on here before but have been reading and studying the waiting times like a lot of other people nearly everyday.

My wife and I applied for a settlement visa on the 20th May and looking at the waiting times I was expecting an 11 week wait. Today after exactly 8 weeks Nittaya received the sms and collected her visa today. She has already booked the flight to arrive in LHR on Sunday evening. God know's how I will have time to clean the house before then!

So hopefully good news for everybody as the waiting time has suddenly crashed. The hopeful date we put on the application went weeks ago so that was nothing to do with the quick visa.

In case anybody is wondering if I did anything differently then the answer would probably be no and actually probably less than a lot of applicants. Nittaya had been in England for 4 and a half months before we both flew back to BKK and got married and also she had been in England for 6 weeks over Christmas so we did not have many e-mails etc as evidence.

We submitted about 20 pictures, 40-50 old e-mails, the usual telephone bills etc and one A4 letter from me. All basic and to the point.

I just wanted to write, say thank you to everyone who posts on here as it has been a big help and try to give a little something back.

Thank you.

Congratulations!

Regards

Hello everyone,

My wife and I applied for a settlement visa on the 20th May and looking at the waiting times I was expecting an 11 week wait. Today after exactly 8 weeks Nittaya received the sms and collected her visa today. She has already booked the flight to arrive in LHR on Sunday evening. God know's how I will have time to clean the house before then!

Thank you.

wow hope we be hearing soon, we put our application in on may 19, hope everything ok? dont know if should be worried cos you were day after me, just have to keep fingers crossed , maybe hear next week sometime, congrats anyway Keith

just wondering how they check visas? do they do it in order they came to office,, as my wifes was in one day before Keiths will my wifes be with another eco, anyone have any thoughts on this, i hoping my wifes is in process of being checked and maybe we hear next week

just wondering how they check visas? do they do it in order they came to office,, as my wifes was in one day before Keiths will my wifes be with another eco, anyone have any thoughts on this, i hoping my wifes is in process of being checked and maybe we hear next week

Geordie Phil, we are all worried in even if it's water tight and you you've done it 6 times before as We have. We put in on the 20th of May and had a phone interview 2 weeks later and heard nothing since. You would think it'd be done in order of submission though as 7by7 has pointed out to me sometimes I suppose they wait for information from a third party of sorts. Don't worry as the last three apps seem to have been running in sync. You and me next week for sure with a big yesssssssssssss ! Good Luck fella !

Geordie Phil, we are all worried in even if it's water tight and you you've done it 6 times before as We have. We put in on the 20th of May and had a phone interview 2 weeks later and heard nothing since. You would think it'd be done in order of submission though as 7by7 has pointed out to me sometimes I suppose they wait for information from a third party of sorts. Don't worry as the last three apps seem to have been running in sync. You and me next week for sure with a big yesssssssssssss ! Good Luck fella !

yeah heres hoping for next week for both of us, but still no need to worry as it may take the 12 weeks before we hear so just have to wait with fingers crossed

The 8 weeks sounds great to me :rolleyes: but like you say, it might take the full 12 weeks :o . Can't wait for the wait to end, I want nothing more now, and as the days go by, it feels like its getting closer.

Alan Day

The 8 weeks sounds great to me :rolleyes: but like you say, it might take the full 12 weeks :o . Can't wait for the wait to end, I want nothing more now, and as the days go by, it feels like its getting closer.

Alan Day

it getting closer , but still slowly :sleepy: , and embassy closed on monday another thai holiday :mfr_closed1:

Phil

Alan and GeordiePhil - are you guys in Thailand or are you waiting in UK ? I'm just behind you in the queue so I'm hoping for the week after- I can honestly say the wait has been a awful, had so many unnecessary rows on the phone with the missus about nothing, we keep saying if we can get through these few weeks it will be all down hill I only hope we're right :-)

Alan and GeordiePhil - are you guys in Thailand or are you waiting in UK ? I'm just behind you in the queue so I'm hoping for the week after- I can honestly say the wait has been a awful, had so many unnecessary rows on the phone with the missus about nothing, we keep saying if we can get through these few weeks it will be all down hill I only hope we're right :-)

hi all40ne, im back in u.k. now ,returned here at the end of may as i had to return to work, me and the missus are the same we had a few tiffs too , but i think that all part of being seperated so early in our marriage it not easy having a relationship on web cam or phone, there are times when u need to feel close to each other, but it will all come good in the end , just have to hang in :)

Phil

hi all40ne, im back in u.k. now ,returned here at the end of may as i had to return to work, me and the missus are the same we had a few tiffs too , but i think that all part of being seperated so early in our marriage it not easy having a relationship on web cam or phone, there are times when u need to feel close to each other, but it will all come good in the end , just have to hang in :)

Phil

Yes, guys I'm in the UK too, waiting and waiting, its funny how the rows are over silly little things, but really me and the misses know that its because we are missing each other so much, its easyer to get angry with each other than with the whole wait. Its worth the wait tho. :whistling::rolleyes:

Alan Day