Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

Good Luck geordiephil and i hope it goes well for you and your wife.

I am back in Thailand at the end of next week for 2 weeks and i am hoping that we will get the SMS/Email while i am in Thailand which if a yes, then she can come home with me. I have more than my fingers crossed on that one, I have put down the intended date of travel to be the 2nd Oct which is only 5 weeks after submitting the Application and to be honest, i dont think we will hear anything by then.

Malc

thank you Malc, good luck to you and ur wife too,, it would be great if you get visa while you there, be good for your wife to travel with you,, waiting times seem to be coming down so maybe you will hear something, best if you check website everyday while you there cos even though people pay for the sms serviice it seems they dont get to know by sms,, fingers crossed for u, yim

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was real quick but then if you see this list here with just one waiting and taking these as an average the number of aplications in at the moment have dropped off.

Get them in now those of you sitting on the fence :-)

hi english

put our 2nd application in on aug 30, heres hoping 2nd time lucky, congrats to all those who have got theres,, now for the long wait,,,or maybe not fingers crossed, yim

P.S. congratz on your new arrival,:passifier:

Hi All

First thanks to all the members for information and advice over the last couple of years.

Today we went to Regent House and submitted my wifes settlement visa, so now the wait begins.

I must admit that it makes we worry when the will not let me in with her, she takes all the documentation in ( we ended up with 3 loose leaf presentation folders, with the original documents split over 2 and all the copies in a 3rd ( I didn't provide copies of all the photos )

The gent dealing with her apparently went through the folders several times looking for my covering letter, despite being in a fully indexed folder with a front page index listing. He was then questioning her english certificate , as she took the Trinity College London GESE exam while in England with me.

Why do they have people with such poor skills checking documents that are required to be in English ?

We put a travel date of 13 October, I don't know how that effects the processing as they say it can take up to 12 weeks ?

So again

Thanks everbody

Wayne and Nga

Hi Wayne and Nga

we had the same Issue , My wife was in from 2pm until 3.30pm and they questioned her Trinity Certificate and even passed it around the room asking if anyone else had seen one.

Like you, we have also asked for the intended date of travel to be less than 6 weeks, Guess its a wait and see, I thought about telling them that it would cut down on my carbon foot print since it would save me a trip to Thailand in order to fetch the wife back to the UK.

interesting to see that your wife did the say Test with trinity, I think it was 7by7 who said , the reason why they questioned the Certificate would be because its rare that people applying for settlement Visa's will have saty the test in the UK.

Good luck with your Visa

Malc

Hi All

My wife has just got a email from the UK Visa Application Centre

Your Visa application reference number:APET/ has been processed by the British Embassy <br style="line-height: 17px; ">and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.<br style="line-height: 17px; ">Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Does this mean its ready to pick up.

Up-date. Yes its now ready to Pick up.... I don't know which way its going to go and such a short time.

Speaking to the wife in yasothon, we don't know if she should make a special trip into Bangkok on Wednesday or wait until i arrive which would be on saturday Morning. its the not knowing and so quick,

Edited by malct

Hi All

My wife has just got a email from the UK Visa Application Centre

Your Visa application reference number:APET/ has been processed by the British Embassy <br style="line-height: 17px; ">and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.<br style="line-height: 17px; ">Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Does this mean its ready to pick up.

Up-date. Yes its now ready to Pick up.... I don't know which way its going to go and such a short time.

Speaking to the wife in yasothon, we don't know if she should make a special trip into Bangkok on Wednesday or wait until i arrive which would be on saturday Morning. its the not knowing and so quick,

wow that was quick. fingers crossed for you

Yes it's to quick for me to feel easy, I am thinking that i must have made a mistake and they have given a refusal and also the fact that they questioned the english test that my wife took in the UK, So its all negitive stuff going on in my head.

It's only been 2 weeks gone friday since we applied, even thinking about the appeals!!!

I know that they wont tell my wife over the phone and that she must pick up the letter herself, so its a waiting Game.

regarding Picking up the Letter, you just turn up between 3PM and 4.30PM, am i correct on that?

Malc

PS , no Phone call or SMS from Them, just a email

Edited by malct

Yes it's to quick for me to feel easy, I am thinking that i must have made a mistake and they have given a refusal and also the fact that they questioned the english test that my wife took in the UK, So its all negitive stuff going on in my head.

It's only been 2 weeks gone friday since we applied, even thinking about the appeals!!!

I know that they wont tell my wife over the phone and that she must pick up the letter herself, so its a waiting Game.

regarding Picking up the Letter, you just turn up between 3PM and 4.30PM, am i correct on that?

Malc

PS , no Phone call or SMS from Them, just a email

hi malc maybe its good news , dont worry about it being quick , wife got txt today to say hers ready to pick up, she already been and they gave it to her straight away and its a YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS yahoooooooooo, 13 days we waited , but this was second app as first was refused cos wrong english test, i told the wife to put all the new evidence on top with the refusal letter and said maybe they will just look at the new papers save looking at all and maybe we get quick answer,, dont know if that was the case but happy that we can get on now yim,, good luck malc and hope your wife will be coming back with you,, fingers crossed for u mate,,

Thank you georgiephil and great news for you both, Did your wife just sit another test and submitted the the oringinal paper work?

looks like they are processing really quick these days but we only know about tha small percentage of people who are applying. I think it was 250 people in July who's application got processed for settlements

There are only 3 things that would cause us a problem, My wife stayed in the UK for a 181 days , so you could say that she over stayed for 1 day , but did leave on the expiry date and i did phone the UKBA when we noticed that she was overstaying by one day and they told me, they don't go by the days , its the Expiry date that they now go by.

the second thing is the english test, but i should not fear that one because i doubled check and double checked again.

The last one , will you be working in the UK, We answered No!!! don't think that would be a Problem.

everything else was in order, well documented

My wife is going into Bangkok on Friday to pick up the application letter and i will be meeting her Saturday Morning.

We have had to change all our plans Now , But will be worth it if its the correct Answer.

When i used to read about the not knowing and the stress people was going through, Now i know how they feel, a lot of hard work and a lot of money up front and the worst part in thinking , what if its a no and parted from your wife/husband

Malc

Edited by malct

Hi Malc,

I hope it is good news for you. We put my wifes application in last Wednesday and although they say it can take up to 12 weeks, the waiting is already taking its toll on me.

I returned to England on the Thusday and I feel that it has vanished into a black hole with no indication of progress, did you or your wife get a telephone interview, I have heard some people state that it happened but I don't know if it happens to everybody.

My biggest worry is the fact that I am currently out of work, but I did show savings of £80K plus and I own my house , but I donn't know how the embassy view this.

My wifes English test was taken in the UK with Trinity College London and although VFS were not sure on seeing it, I feel confident having checked the UKBA website that it should be OK

Good Luck

Wayne

Edited by webby1812

Hi Wayne

no telephone interview not even the sms which my wife was expecting. regarding the trinty test, it was the correct test so should not cause a promlem. supprised the wife was not collecting the letter today

good luck to you too

Its a Yes biggrin.gif 2 weeks from submitting to the application was ready to collect.

My wife has just sent a text saying its a yes, I am sitting in heathrow airport on my way to bangkok, she told me that she would not open the letter until i got to bangkok!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone for your help, I think 7by7 was getting frustrated regarding all my topics and the lack of using the UK on my topics, but lots of research and the help of the forum members as enabled me to do a great job.

One bit of advice, keep the application simple and listen to other peoples advice!!! Oh thats 2 bits of advice ;-)

still cant believe It , i just hope she is looking at the correct page

al;l the best to everyone

Malc

Hi Malc,

Congratulations on the good news, my sweating starts now as my Wife had her e-mail this morning to say the Passport is ready.

It's only 8 days since we put the application in and although it appears things are moving faster now, I am worried that its too quick.

We just have to wait now , my wife will travel back to Bangkok on Sunday , so should know Monday afternoon

Cheers

Wayne

Its a Yes biggrin.gif 2 weeks from submitting to the application was ready to collect.

My wife has just sent a text saying its a yes, I am sitting in heathrow airport on my way to bangkok, she told me that she would not open the letter until i got to bangkok!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone for your help, I think 7by7 was getting frustrated regarding all my topics and the lack of using the UK on my topics, but lots of research and the help of the forum members as enabled me to do a great job.

One bit of advice, keep the application simple and listen to other peoples advice!!! Oh thats 2 bits of advice ;-)

still cant believe It , i just hope she is looking at the correct page

al;l the best to everyone

Malc

congrats Malc, enjoy your time in LOS, be good your wife can travel back with you, good luck for the future

Phil

Hi Malc,

Congratulations on the good news, my sweating starts now as my Wife had her e-mail this morning to say the Passport is ready.

It's only 8 days since we put the application in and although it appears things are moving faster now, I am worried that its too quick.

We just have to wait now , my wife will travel back to Bangkok on Sunday , so should know Monday afternoon

Cheers

Wayne

good luck wayne,, hope its good news for you too, try not to worry, it does seem times for waiting have come right down, fingers crossed for you

Phil

Hi Wayne.

Its great to know sooner than later, I was dreading been on the Honeymoon and still waiting for the call.

Over the last 5 days, I was thinking of every reason why it was a no, But could not think of a good reason.

good luck for monday.

malc

Hi All,

It's a yes, My wife collected her Passport today and it has a nice new settlement Visa in it.

Now we have to start looking for flights, it's a bit quicker than I expected, I need to check how quick does she need to come in order to make the ILR qualification

We set a travel date on the application of 13 th Oct, but they started the Visa from the 14 th Sept ( only 5 working days after submission )

Not sure if I will make a quick trip to return with her or she will fly on her own

Many Thanks once again for all the help and advice from the members of this board

Wayne and Nga

Hi All,

It's a yes, My wife collected her Passport today and it has a nice new settlement Visa in it.

Now we have to start looking for flights, it's a bit quicker than I expected, I need to check how quick does she need to come in order to make the ILR qualification

We set a travel date on the application of 13 th Oct, but they started the Visa from the 14 th Sept ( only 5 working days after submission )

Not sure if I will make a quick trip to return with her or she will fly on her own

Many Thanks once again for all the help and advice from the members of this board

Wayne and Nga

congratz Wayne, i just booked wifes ticket today she arrives newcastle on wednesday, only thing was i could not book her flight with emirates as i usually fly with them but cant pay for my wifes ticket online as i not travelling seems strange for emirates to be like that as they have a lot of flights from thailand , silly rule,anyway booked with B.A,, cant wait for wednesday,, good luck to those who still waiting or are about to apply,,

I need to check how quick does she need to come in order to make the ILR qualification

We set a travel date on the application of 13 th Oct, but they started the Visa from the 14 th Sept

A spouse visa is valid for 27 months; to be time qualified for ILR she needs to have been living in the UK for at least 24 months.

They should date the visa from the later of the day asked for or the day it is issued. Up to you if you want to try and get it changed, but they do say that the visa should be checked immediately it's received and that mistakes cannot be corrected after this.

• 2 weeks later...

We submitted the Settlement Visa application to the VFS in Bangkok on Monday 26th September at 10:30, had a SMS in the afternoon saying it had been forwarded to the UKBA Bangkok for processing.....

Now its down to waiting, but the good news is, it seems to be quicker now than it was a month or so back, from other site reports, some people are getting settlement Visas in 2 to 4 weeks.

We are just keeping our fingers crossed for positive news.

Kev & Wanisa

times for July , Its going to be interesting to see septembers

Settlement Visas2 days3 days5 days10 days15 days40 days60 days90 days120 daysTotal decisions madeSettlement0%0%0%1%1%1%94%100%100%290

the copy and paste did not work

2 days = 0

3 days = 0

5 days = 0

10 days = 1%

15 days = 1 %

40 days = 94%

Total of 290 applications

Edited by malct

We're just ahead of you. We submitted my wife's application a week before you on Monday 19th September. I too noticed there has been a few processed within a couple of weeks recently, so hoping for the same but we'll see.

Hi mate,

Well, I will just be happy for a positive result even if it takes the full 12 weeks (but secretly would like it in three or four) I don't know if my bum can take another 17 hrs eachway to collect her, just yet :o )

Good luck to you as well mate !!! :jap: