Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The man from the embassey says yes, Nam picked up her passport this morning and called me with the good news

What a relief now time to book the flights.

Thanks to all those who post with there advice and support it has been priceless in our application.

Congratulation to you to chronos and good luck to those still waiting.

spider

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys........got text from wife today at 11.10am...Agent just been to collect paperwork from VFS...she say....YEEEEESSSSSS!...dated 1st August.

Well done Chronos and your wife. you can start making your plans now.

misses just picked her passport up she got the stamp, thanks to everyone on thaivisa for help and support cant thank enough

good luck to the rest of you lads who are waiting

Well done Dave. :partytime2:

Was that granted on the 2nd?

We applied on 17 June.

Notification came yesterday that the Passport could be collected.

Today, this afternoon Thai time, we got the green light.

A Visa in the Passport.

It's been 6 weeks 4 days to notification.

She's as happy as a sky lark.

Nice one Housepainter, congratulations, i will add you to the list :D

Thanks for the congrats lads. Much appreciated. We tried to sit back, chill and see it out but the nerves were twanging. I played it down to the wife telling her 'if' rather than 'when' and saying as how 56 days was the average we could expect at least 63+ .

It came as a bolt out of the blue and has taken all day to sink it. Now we can make those plans happen. That is the difference.

I've posted a new topic within the forum that is meant to help anyone who is going to Apply for the Settlement Visa.

I don't claim it is THE way but rather a way. An approach that worked for me; and relatively quickly too.

There's a guy who got a visa in under 4 weeks. Then there's one of 6 weeks and 4 days and ours matches that. It is the shortest time a Visa Settlement has been issued for many months.

I've joined the support group - hence the post.

But it is only one approach and there may be something that proves useful in it for everyone. But not all of it.

As I say - there isn't a one size fits all.

But we did have to tick certain boxes.

Good Luck.

So many guys to congratulate :-) Looks like the ECO's had a spurt on or at least we had a run on TV posters.

Well done guys so pleased for you all. Your wives are going to love the British weather :ph34r:

Housepainter your new thread is very thoughtfull if everyone who had their Visas disappeared once they got it then future applicants wouldn't get the help and experience of others.

I like to help where I can time permitting and it's good there are others such as yourself who do the same.

Hi Guys........got text from wife today at 11.10am...Agent just been to collect paperwork from VFS...she say....YEEEEESSSSSS!...dated 1st August.

Needless to say we are ecstatic,,overjoyed..over the moon at the news....phew...what a relief...I gotta admit I was beginning to have doubts..just paranoia setting in..but I am sure that this is something we all experience during that time in Limbo..just waiting...and waiting...and waiting...watching your finger nails get

shorter. smoking or drinking too much...studying the raw nerve ends..we all know this horrible empty can do nothing about it feeling we have in our nerve ravished bodies..honestly I think I would rather chew my own nuts!

Now all I have to worry about is getting the house clean, stocking up with Thai goodies...and organize the flight in about 2 weeks time!

I would like to thank all those in this forum, who through responses to others have helped and encouraged me through the reading of their posts...and good luck to all those who still have to undergo the waiting heartaches...Thanks Guys!

Well done fella, good luck for the future in the UK !

shadyacres29, 7th March- 1st April = 3 weeks and 5 days, successful

tigerjohn 15th March- 26th May = 10 weeks and 3 days, successful

englishinsiam, 28thMarch - 12thMay = 6 weeks and 4days, successful (compassionategrounds)

contractor, 31st March - 1st June = 8 weeks and 6 days,successful

neilo, 5th April -9th June = 9 weeks and 2 days,successful

samcled, 5th April - 14thJune = 10 weeks,successful

thaiscouse, 7th April - 22ndJune = 10 weeks and 6 days,successful

lingyaiyai, 11th April - 24th June = 10 weeks and 4days, successful

storeman, 12th April - 27 June = 10 weeks and 5days, successful

space1999, 5th April - 5th July = 12 weeks and 6days, successful

brynpugh, 7th April - 8thJuly = 12 weeks and 4 days, Refused

farrangkeenok, 17th May - 12th July = 7 weeks, Successful

leafmould, 11th May - 14th July = 7 weeks and 6 days, Successful

keith1, 20th May - 15thJuly = 8 weeks, Successful

geordiephil,19th May - 20thJuly = 8 weeks and 6 days, Refused

stabbo-lad, 25th May - 27th July = 9 weeks, Successful

aland2012, 26th May - 28th July = 9 weeks, Successful

all4one, 27th May - 29th July = 9 weeks, Successful

jasonr3255, 20th May - 29th July = 10 weeks, successful

POMCHOB, 26thMay - 29th July = 9 weeks and 1 day, Refused

spider0064,6th June - 28th July = 7 weeks and 3 days,Successful

chronos, 27th May - 1st August = 9 weeks and3 days, Successful

brumdave, 9th June - 2nd August = 7weeks and 5 days, Successful

housepainter, 17thJune - 2nd August = 6 weeks and 4 days, Successful

cleverD, 9thJune = 8 weeks and 3 days, waiting...

Kunash, 13th July = 3 week and 4 days, waiting...

Its 4 am in the UK now and I cant sleep,My wife had a long phone call from the Embassy on Friday morning asking lots of questions I think because we made the 3 applications for my wife and her twin daughters.She was asked how often the daughters father saw the children which was birthdays and fathers day so about twice a year also where we met when we met, where my wife lives ,does she work,do I support her.My wife answered all the questions no problem because she was able to give honest answers as we have recently sold our house and she and the children have moved in with her Mother which she explained to the Embassy,then they wanted to know how many people lived at her mothers house as it happens her mother lives alone her husband (wifes Father died about 3 years ago).Then the Embassy asked for my wifes mothers phone no. and they rang her and basically asked the same questions which again she was able to answer honestly and the same as my wife.I have just checked the British Embassy web site half an hour ago and their passports are ready to be collected,I rang the wife and she had not had the sms message yet so she will set off to Regent House to pick up the passports about 3pm.I dont think I can sleep again until we know !!!!

Its 4 am in the UK now and I cant sleep,My wife had a long phone call from the Embassy on Friday morning asking lots of questions I think because we made the 3 applications for my wife and her twin daughters.She was asked how often the daughters father saw the children which was birthdays and fathers day so about twice a year also where we met when we met, where my wife lives ,does she work,do I support her.My wife answered all the questions no problem because she was able to give honest answers as we have recently sold our house and she and the children have moved in with her Mother which she explained to the Embassy,then they wanted to know how many people lived at her mothers house as it happens her mother lives alone her husband (wifes Father died about 3 years ago).Then the Embassy asked for my wifes mothers phone no. and they rang her and basically asked the same questions which again she was able to answer honestly and the same as my wife.I have just checked the British Embassy web site half an hour ago and their passports are ready to be collected,I rang the wife and she had not had the sms message yet so she will set off to Regent House to pick up the passports about 3pm.I dont think I can sleep again until we know !!!!

I am in the same boat as you cleverD. my wife and her 2 children applied for visas. fingers crossed for you and i hope it is good news.

Edited by kunash

Success !!!! 3 visas in passports but still no sms message so everybody should check the Embassy web site.We are very happy to have our visas but why do we have to pay 70 baht each for an sms message we dont get,to be honest I dont care any more as we will not have to deal with the Embassy again,ever.

Success !!!! 3 visas in passports but still no sms message so everybody should check the Embassy web site.We are very happy to have our visas but why do we have to pay 70 baht each for an sms message we dont get,to be honest I dont care any more as we will not have to deal with the Embassy again,ever.

Brilliant news. You can now start to plan for the happy times you will have in the UK.

come on peeps, i am all alone now in the waiting list. anyone want to join me? :D

all going well, I will be on the List in the next 3 weeks.

regarding the application form, it asks , when will you be travelling to the UK.. Is it wise to put a realistic date of 12 weeks or leave the date Blank with a note in the comments box. all going well , The application will be submitted for the 26th, so counting forward, she should have a Yes or no by the 18th November. I have put the 25th Nov on the application Form.

Are their other People going through the On-line Process

Malc

Edited by malct

Hi

New here, I have done my wife's settlement visa twice plus extention, her visit visa and also her 20 year old sons visit visa and his settlement.

We just got the nod on settlement returning to Uk after spending 18 months in Thailand. Our app was submitted the 28th and took 41 days.

We have passed all no problems.

Looking through I see so much tech rubbish that people say you must submit, I believe first and foremost it's relationship get that across. Money is not a major factor as long as you have work. Accommodation, you do not have to own a place, rented is fine!

Write a letter Inc tabs in your letter they can refer to from intro with birth certs through to pics, bank statements, work, accommodation, ref friends family letters, phone calls, funds sent is important Real push the fact your a couple. Obviously Inc paperwork to ref all facts in your itenary that way as the ECO reads through they simply look at the tab you ref. I don't think anybody needs to go as far as submitting your life insurance plus 3 years accounts or police clearance letters kept it simple to the point with what they ask for.

Just my thoughts, I think people panic, ECO are doing a job and will pass you quickly if it's easy and straight forward get through.

I would happily help anyone, good luck all

Settlement visa waitingtimes as at Sunday the 14th August 2011.

shadyacres29, 7th March- 1st April = 3 weeks and 5 days, successful

tigerjohn 15th March- 26th May = 10 weeks and 3 days, successful

englishinsiam, 28thMarch - 12thMay = 6 weeks and 4days, successful (compassionategrounds)

contractor, 31st March - 1st June = 8 weeks and 6 days,successful

neilo, 5th April -9th June = 9 weeks and 2 days,successful

samcled, 5th April - 14thJune = 10 weeks,successful

thaiscouse, 7th April - 22ndJune = 10 weeks and 6 days,successful

lingyaiyai, 11th April - 24th June = 10 weeks and 4days, successful

storeman, 12th April - 27 June = 10 weeks and 5days, successful

space1999, 5th April - 5th July = 12 weeks and 6days, successful

brynpugh, 7th April - 8thJuly = 12 weeks and 4 days, Refused

farrangkeenok, 17th May - 12th July = 7 weeks, Successful

leafmould, 11th May - 14th July = 7 weeks and 6 days, Successful

keith1, 20th May - 15thJuly = 8 weeks, Successful

geordiephil,19th May - 20thJuly = 8 weeks and 6 days, Refused

stabbo-lad, 25th May - 27th July = 9 weeks, Successful

aland2012, 26th May - 28th July = 9 weeks, Successful

all4one, 27th May - 29th July = 9 weeks, Successful

jasonr3255, 20th May - 29th July = 10 weeks, successful

POMCHOB, 26thMay - 29th July = 9 weeks and 1 day, Refused

spider0064,6th June - 28th July = 7 weeks and 3 days,Successful

chronos, 27th May - 1st August = 9 weeks and3 days, Successful

brumdave, 9th June - 2nd August = 7weeks and 5 days, Successful

housepainter, 17thJune - 2nd August = 6 weeks and 4 days,Successful

cleverD, 9th June - 8th August =8 weeks and 4 days, Successful

wanthony, 28thJune - 8th August = 5 weeks and 6 days, Successful

Kunash, 13th July = 4 week and 4 days, waiting...

we are off to Thailand On Saturday , All going well, we will be joining the list on the 26th Aug, So much to do within a week, but set ourselves at dead line. role on the 27th when we are on the Beach in jomiten.

I just keep double checking the paperwork and adding bits to It.

Only complicated part is adding the marriage details on the on-line application and printing it off at a internet cafe and hoping that we can get the appointment on the Friday.

IF things go better than expected, we may get married on the Wednesday which gives us more time.

On another note , I noticed that the waiting time is down to 6 weeks, I have asked for my GF 's visa to start on the 26th nov but we are flexable on dates and could fetch the travel date Forward. Should i put in another date??? say 1st Oct?

My wife got the SMS today ( 5 weeks and 2 days ) saying the applications are ready to collect. - Her and her two children. She wont be able to get to VFS until next Tuesday, so a long wait now. I wasnt expecting it to be this quick. we submitted the application without a custody paper. luckily the embassy phoned my wife and asked for this paper.

i have a good feeling about this, but you just dont know. hope it is good news