Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

judging by the huge number of Thai people we come across in Gloucetershire and most are unmarried...settlement visas must only be refused for those who are absolute no hopers.

Almost evryone gets a visa... the UK might say it's tightening up but there is no evidence of this. UK just waves people in. The visa application process seems to be a money making process...not a filtering process.

I suspect more a reflection of the divorce rate in the UK.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all can u add me to the list. Just applies for my step daughters settlement visa today. Was told to expect about a 4week wait but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt as I know every case is different. Good luck to all those who are still waiting too..... Cheers darryl

Hi all can u add me to the list. Just applies for my step daughters settlement visa today. Was told to expect about a 4week wait but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt as I know every case is different. Good luck to all those who are still waiting too..... Cheers darryl

We have one still at the embassy from November & they still have not made a decision.

Hmmmm.... Now how is that a good advert for using an agency, I wouldnt be too proud of that ststement when many others are walking it without agency help.

IMHO

Maybe the coffee shop didn't give a good reference........

As you are not aware of the case how can you comment applications do not come back any quicker because you use an agent. Not all cases are straight forward & the embassy may exercise the right to take up to 90 days to process a visa. With you're limited knowledge of applications you're hardly in a position to pass comment are you ?

As you are not aware of the case how can you comment applications do not come back any quicker because you use an agent. Not all cases are straight forward & the embassy may exercise the right to take up to 90 days to process a visa. With you're limited knowledge of applications you're hardly in a position to pass comment are you ?

My my my.... it is easy to rattle your cage isn't it, maybe my statement was a a bit to close to the bone for you..... If you don’t like the heat in the kitchen…. don’t profess to be a cook!

Re my "limited knowledge".... Hmmmm.... my point exactly, I and many others can obtain a visa without delay, with as you put it, "limited knowledge".

The other thing I can do is reference a forum post correctly…. Not looking very professional there are we, if this is the attention to detail you give as a norm?

My my my.... it is easy to rattle your cage isn't it, maybe my statement was a a bit to close to the bone for you..... If you don’t like the heat in the kitchen…. don’t profess to be a cook!

Re my "limited knowledge".... Hmmmm.... my point exactly, I and many others can obtain a visa without delay, with as you put it, "limited knowledge".

The other thing I can do is reference a forum post correctly…. Not looking very professional there are we, if this is the attention to detail you give as a norm?

QUALITY PLAYGROUND STUFF, keep it up, please clap2.gif

Your comment seems a bit daft to me. You cannot know what the case entailed. It is quite possible that that case may have been rejected out of hand without an agent being involved. It may, of course have made no difference at all. Many/most applications do not require an agent.

You clearly have an ax to grind about agents. Your post would probably be a lot more interesting if we knew the story behind your attitude!

I am sure ThaiVisaExpress can look after themselves! I must point out that I have never used an agent for an application and have not had a problem but I can see why some people chose to use one.

Just a quick update.subbmitted settlement visa on Thursday 23rd feb and my wife just received a call from the embassy asking a few questions. Are visas normaly issued fairly soon after the phone calls or am I getting my hopes up too soon?

That does seem quick. Let's hope it's a good sign.What sort of questions did they ask your wife?

Re my wife's successful Settlement Visa application just mentioned.

The visa is valid for 27 months and dependent on the Knlowledge Of Life in the UK test.

I have 2 questions for the experts please.

1) I understand she can take the KOL test as soon as she likes. Do we have to wait 24-27 months before applying for ILR - or can that be done earlier?

2) I'm retired due to bad health. One of my ailments is severe arthritis and I don't know for how long I can stand an English winter. For this next 27 months what is the minimum time we need to stay in the UK? Could we return to Thailand for 3 months each year? (More??)

The English winter is an excrutiatingly painful time for me and I'll be virtually crippled by the cold & damp - which is why I've spent the last 8 winters in Thailand! ( I did explain this in my sponsor letter).

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

If you check the UKBA website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/settlement/

Towards the bottom of the page this is clarified. There is no need to spend the whole two years in the UK but you may need to explain long periods outside the UK! Three months each year should be accepted because she will clearly be settled in the UK. It is more likely to affect her British citizenship application should you chose to do that later!

You can apply for ILR up to a month before the expiry but I would suggest you don't do it by post. My wife has a very straight forward application and is still waiting six months later! During this time neither you nor your wife can travel because they have both passports.

I thought things were bad enough when we applied for her TLR in Bangkok but the UKBA in the UK are a complete disgrace and make the staff at the Embassy look like heroic angels!

Hi Bob,

Thanks very much for directing me to that info - all I needed to know!

It looks like even if Citizenship is intended, the applicant could be away for up to 90 days each year, so seems like no problem for our purposes.

As my wife has no intention of becoming a British Citizen, then maybe we could get away with spending even more than 3 months of the winter away from the UK for the next 2 years?

Blimey..... I just saw the application fees for ILR,,,, £972 by post £1,350 in person!!

Edited by samsingsong

£972 to be kept in the dark and no travel abroad for six months or £1350 for them to spend 15-20 minutes to check paperwork and grant ILR followed by a week for the biometric card to be delivered.

It was difficult for me to take time off to go to Croydon with my wife and daughter so I could not see much point in doing an in person application. I was under the impression that the processing time was 8-10 weeks.

Hi... Ive been quietly watching this forum for some time time now ...... geuss it time to post here. Settlement Visa at the Embassy on the 14th Feb... I know this because the VFS tracking tells me so (that much i do know) so 29 days and counting… wish me luck

Just a little background as im here… been with my gf 2 years now my wife.. she returned to Thai on the 29th of Dec the last day of her 6 months uk tourist visa, all very good and marriage on! I could only take 10days off work so arrive in Bangkok 2nd Feb .. Married 8th .. visa appointment booked 10th and returned to UK 12th Visa in and sent to UK embassy 14th… putting together and finalizing a visa without a agency and organizing a sizable Thai wedding in that time was perhaps a little manic .. looking forward to my second honeymoon …cheers J

Nelly

nice quick result. Stupid question time, but what exactly does the SMS say?

When my wife submitted her application she had to leave them her sister's mobile number, because VFS can't SMS to my wife's AIS number......So we'll be waiting on an update from the sister, who doesn't speak or read english too well !

Did your wife get an email as well to say she'd got the visa?

Romfordboy

this was the email

Dear ***********

Your Visa application reference number ************ has been processed by the British Embassy

and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre.

the SMS was in Thai and I think my wife said it was a copy of the email and saying her passport was ready for collection etc etc.

Thanks

Neil.

We picked up our application today, submitted on 15th February and refused on the 15th March! I thought I had a strong enough application, even though I currently enemployed, I was working until Christmas, but accounts showed £7500 in the bank and my parents offered to be 3rd party support with £14000 in the bank and 4 pensions between them. Refused that I didn't have a job in the UK and I didn't include what they pensions were, it seems that I didn't provide a clear enough picture of their finances, even though I supplied 6 months of bank accounts for them. I'm not very happy with these pen pushing UKBA retards!

We picked up our application today, submitted on 15th February and refused on the 15th March! I thought I had a strong enough application, even though I currently enemployed, I was working until Christmas, but accounts showed £7500 in the bank and my parents offered to be 3rd party support with £14000 in the bank and 4 pensions between them. Refused that I didn't have a job in the UK and I didn't include what they pensions were, it seems that I didn't provide a clear enough picture of their finances, even though I supplied 6 months of bank accounts for them. I'm not very happy with these pen pushing UKBA retards!

Wow, sorry to hear that! Have they provided instructions on how to proceed with an appeal?

Wow, sorry to hear that! Have they provided instructions on how to proceed with an appeal?

Full instructions provided and will be appealing online in the next few days. I think the UKBA are getting tougher with the possible new rules coming in.