Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

Submitted today 12/12/2011

Anyone have experience of whether its any quicker/slower if both the applicant/UK spouse have been Thailand based and are relocating to settle together?

I have been living and working in Thailand for the past 4 years and plan to move back to the UK with my husband. He was awarded his UK spouse visa within 1 week, Good luck!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
We currently are still awaiting applications from November.

Can I ask what the approximate submission dates were and if they were straight forward cases?

The UKBA processing times website hasn't updated from the information for September, which appeared quick for turnaround albeit at a low (to my eyes) application volume. Frustrating.

Thanks in advance should you reply.

My wife just handed in her applciation today 09-01-12. She said that the person at the embassy checked through her documents for 30mins and checked them off on a list they had pre-prepared. My wife was worried that we did not tick all the boxes on their list , I suppose there are hundreds of difference evidence items that you could produce but as long as the ones you give them show what they want to know, you dont need them all right?

Regards

My wife just handed in her applciation today 09-01-12. She said that the person at the embassy checked through her documents for 30mins and checked them off on a list they had pre-prepared. My wife was worried that we did not tick all the boxes on their list , I suppose there are hundreds of difference evidence items that you could produce but as long as the ones you give them show what they want to know, you dont need them all right?

Regards

It sounds as if this was VFS global and not the Embassy. They check the documentation before forwarding it to the Embassy. They are probably checking off the essentials rather than the detailed documents. They don't make any decisions but may question the lack of a key document for example.

We applied start of third week in November and visa granted on the 9th January.

It was an unmarried partner visa, had been in Thailand since 2005, ILR granted subject to KOL, assuming that the length of time for the decision was down to either the ILR or third party support element.

Partner arrived back in UK today :). No issues on arrival although immigration did call and ask a few questions due to her lack of English.

Hi me and my wife submitted our FLR on 28th December 11 and we are still waiting to date, also I have tried using the online tracking today but with no luck it says invalid details but has worked fine every other day!

Any one else still waiting for earlier applications ?

just my sitution, submitted my wife's and step sons settlement application on 5th jan and still waiting, just had the standard SMS saying sent to UK embassy on the 5th and since then ziltch!!, also looking on UKBA site there has been no update on processing times since november.. also wondering if their will be longer delays processing settlements as it stated that the UKBA was now accepting and processing tourist visas for the london olympics tourists from january 2012...... bloody great... it is stressful enough without possible processing delays that the olympics possibly will cause... i have no nails left to chew!! LOL

I dont think you need to worry about it being 4 weeks and no word...we put ours in on the 9th of Jan and nothing yet but from what I read on this forum people generally hear after 6 weeks or so about settlement.

You have to remember that those 86% of decisions made in 15 days are refusals as well as issues so I reckon maybe if it takes a little longer then it may be a good sign!

I dont think you need to worry about it being 4 weeks and no word...we put ours in on the 9th of Jan and nothing yet but from what I read on this forum people generally hear after 6 weeks or so about settlement.

You have to remember that those 86% of decisions made in 15 days are refusals as well as issues so I reckon maybe if it takes a little longer then it may be a good sign!

Hi S4161

I had just read your post and thought that makes good sense, then logged into my email account and there was an email sent this morning 10.19 saying paperwork ready for collection,so it,s off to bkk tommorow with fingers crossed.jap.gif

Hi S4161

I had just read your post and thought that makes good sense, then logged into my email account and there was an email sent this morning 10.19 saying paperwork ready for collection,so it,s off to bkk tommorow with fingers crossed.jap.gif

hi keith... excellent news for you, . I have still heard nothing, but maybe our applications will take slightly longer as it has to also go to Isle of Man immigration dept for their ten penneth worth of paper shuffling etc!

dont forget to let us all know the decision ....so fingers crossed and good luck mate

We Submitted our Holiday visa in Thailand it took 10 days.

We Submitted our Settlement Visa In Thailand that took 8 weeks

The Wife Just got her IDL to remain Visa back yesterday,It was submitted on the 7/11/11, Received back on 06/02/12. 12 weeks is about correct,

Edited by Thongkorn

Hi All,

Just an update....my wife was granted her settlement visa. Thanks for all those who helped me during the application process, this forum is a great source of knowledge and support for all those going through the hell of the UK or any country's immigration system.

Regards

judging by the huge number of Thai people we come across in Gloucetershire and most are unmarried...settlement visas must only be refused for those who are absolute no hopers.

Almost evryone gets a visa... the UK might say it's tightening up but there is no evidence of this. UK just waves people in. The visa application process seems to be a money making process...not a filtering process.

The good news from the UKBA site is that all settlement applications from December have been dealt with.

Shame the same cannot be said about the UKBA in the UK. October ILR applications have still not been processed. Disgraceful!

Good luck to those applying for TLR but in two years time unless something changes it may be worth paying the massively inflated cost and get ILR processed same day in person!