Cheapest Ps2 Modded In Bkk

JustAnotherFarang

Hi

I am coming to BKK in October and want to buy a modded PS2. Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay and where might be cheapest place to pick up one

I have also heard the PS2 mk 2 is not as good as the PS2 mark 1, poor psu and ventilation seems to be the main problem. I tend to play for hours and dont want to have to switch it off just to cool down, anyone had this problem ??

Thanks for your advice

JustAnotherFarang

Hi

I am coming to BKK in October and want to buy a modded PS2.  Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay and where might be cheapest place to pick up one

I have also heard the PS2 mk 2 is not as good as the PS2 mark 1, poor psu and ventilation seems to be the main problem.  I tend to play for hours and dont want to have to switch it off just to cool down, anyone had this problem ??

Thanks for your advice

JustAnotherFarang

I was quoted 8,000 baht for a new, modded PS2 with 2 controllers from one of those small booths in MBK

the best choice for me is sapanlek ( see more post about PS2 ) start at 6000 to 8000 , but you have to be award all ps2 sell are not the same with quality differ with hardware . all chip to play copy game .

So what do I have to be aware of ?? What is the differences in quality and what should I be looking for so I dont buy a dud

and do all PS2 come with a modded chip ??

Cheers for your advice

i got my machine from Australia , I went to sapanlek’s shop for the chip and ask the guy why so much difference in price between some machine , he told me many parts can be remove and change for lesser quality .

i think the best for you is to go with someone and see by yourself

Great place for copy stuff too and some electronic, telecommande extera

i will go there the next few days , will come back to you with the price for PS2 , from ? to ?

http://www.bangkokbob.net/city_map.htm

E4

http://www.bangkokbob.net/city_map.htm

E4

I just come back from sapanlek .

First, very few shops are selling the large playstation2 , now most of them are selling the slim one .

The price I saw for the slim one was :

5500 baht ( no modified )

7000 baht ( modified play all games )

8500 bath ( stand , memory, remote control, 5 games , modified )

8200 baht ( top of the range can play 24 hours , modified, free 5 games )

For the large one

6500 baht ( modified )

did not try to bargain !

I just come back from sapanlek .

First, very few shops are selling the large playstation2 , now most of them are selling the slim one .

The price I saw for the slim one was :

5500 baht ( no modified )

7000 baht ( modified play all games )

8500 bath ( stand , memory, remote control, 5 games , modified )

8200 baht ( top of the range can play 24 hours , modified, free 5 games  )

For the large one

6500 baht ( modified )

did not try to bargain !

Thanks for the reply, very informative and I will bear it all in mind when I go to buy one

Cheers

• 11 months later...
forgot to said ,

i ask why she said the top of the range 8200 was the best when the 8500 was more expensive .

she said the 8500 have more Accessories but made in china , when the 8200 was made in japon !

Just wanted to know that I appreciate you doing the leg work. Im gonna bye one for the little nephew in-law so I can spend the days kicking his ass. Haha, and not to mention taking his money gambling on it. Or should I say my money back?

Is there a large selection of games? Tekken perhaps?

forgot to said ,

i ask why she said the top of the range 8200 was the best when the 8500 was more expensive .

she said the 8500 have more Accessories but made in china , when the 8200 was made in japon !

Just wanted to know that I appreciate you doing the leg work. Im gonna bye one for the little nephew in-law so I can spend the days kicking his ass. Haha, and not to mention taking his money gambling on it. Or should I say my money back?

Is there a large selection of games? Tekken perhaps?

PS2 games in sapanlek , have may shops , a lot of games , price 60 baht or lower , Xbox games only one shop i know , price 70 - 80 baht !

yes tekken is there

The trick used by a lot of shops in Saphan Lek is to sell the slimline ps2 with a replaced copy controller and powersuply and they can put an refurbished laser in it.

So they sell the seperated original parts for a higher price and be very competive for those who hunt for the lowest prices.

You can spot those shops with the lowest prices :o .

I got a quote :

original slimline powersupply : 800 baht

Copy slimline powersupply : 400 baht (gets very hot)

Original ps2 controller 650 baht

Copy controller 250 baht (usable for one/ two weeks of heavy playing)

PS2 copy memorycards , have the pictures from the pcb attached the left one is original.

The modchips are 200 baht types, the soldering done in Sapanlek is excellent but the wires are to long and the routing could better to avoid interference.

Best way is maybe to buy an unmodded ps2 with intact warranty sticker and watch when they do the modding.

Have fun.

Jack

post-21956-1157959044_thumb.jpg