Organic/Free Range/Grass Fed Meat

Firefan

Hi! Tried to search for it but end up in farming forums - rather that places to buy it as an end consumer.

Anybody know where to buy organic and/or at least free range and grass fed (beef) meat. Also chicken.

I seem to recall having seen some pork in Villa - but pork is the least favorite meat for me.

I am based in Bangkok.

any ideas/tips?

Cheers!

There is some place in the northeast that has plenty of free ranging four legged meat on the menu-organic as one might imagine.

Thailand + genetically altered some chickens , they have four legs, to make them more viable , They don't know what they taste like yet, because they cannot catch the pesky things .

Edited by Thongkorn

He he! Thongkorn, that is the punch line of one of my favorite jokes....

Hoping for some more concrete places in the Bangkok area, but if need be, I must try to make a deal with one of the guys on the farming forum - about getting me meat that have lived a happy, healthy, natural life, before ending on my plate :)

Cheers!

Pardon me if I interupt the jokesters.....but to reurn to the OP's question. Up north and most rural areas of LOS, most of the meat in the local markets is totally grass fed. We have them all around our house in the pastures and rice fields. When it is sold, it's butchered immediatly and in the market within hours.....no aging/tough as shoe lether and has a slightly gamey flavor...but it's as organic as it can get.

Thanks jaideeguy and Jazzbo!

At least it will be possible to find some meat that has not been filled with antibiotics Etc., not fed an unnatural diet and not have been kept in a tiny cage its entire life.

Maybe I should go check with a couple of the foreign butchers here - believe there is a German one somewhere? Any other ideas?

Cheers!

I would think if you headed to far eastern Bangkok Province past Minburi into the Nong Chok area where it is still a rural and largely Islamic population you would find the same grass fed beef as in the NE of Thailand.

Thanks jaideeguy and Jazzbo!

At least it will be possible to find some meat that has not been filled with antibiotics Etc., not fed an unnatural diet and not have been kept in a tiny cage its entire life.

Maybe I should go check with a couple of the foreign butchers here - believe there is a German one somewhere? Any other ideas?

Cheers!

I would think if you headed to far eastern Bangkok Province past Minburi into the Nong Chok area where it is still a rural and largely Islamic population you would find the same grass fed beef as in the NE of Thailand.

Really?

• 9 months later...

He he! Thongkorn, that is the punch line of one of my favorite jokes....

Hoping for some more concrete places in the Bangkok area, but if need be, I must try to make a deal with one of the guys on the farming forum - about getting me meat that have lived a happy, healthy, natural life, before ending on my plate :)

Cheers!

sorry, you have to become a cannibal, as the meat that is living happily, healthy and natural is usually being found in Soi Nana . ..

i have been serching for good beef for over a month,for over 20years i have bought my beef steak from tops within robinsons,as i am 200kilometers from any store i am finding it hard to get some decent meat,the beef on the markets is ok for dogs needs to be braised at least 2hrs,there are some co-operatives that breed cattle for the plate but they all seem to be in the north,pon-yang-khram livestock in chaing mai,chonpratan suthep.there is a butchery in soi villa 33-35 off sukumvit rd,wattana if you do go there let me now what its like,pm me please.