Artwork For Sale In Ubon

MeMock

I am looking to purchase a few pieces of art for my house in the village. Nothing to tacky but not looking for the mona lisa either. Thai influenced art is okay. Does anyone know of any half decent places in Ubon that I could have a browse at?

You could have a look, and ask for more information in the shop across from WrongWay. And maybe some at the National Museum in Thung Si Muang could point you in the right direction?

Ahhh yes, I remember there being quite a bit of artwork on the ground floor 6 months ago. Most of it was photographs though. Worth checking out so thanks for the reminder.

I should have said in my OP that by artwork I really mean paintings.

go east on sappasit. pass the hospital. pass the intersection with the yamaha on the left and the newly redecorated bank on the right.

a couple hundred yards more and there will be a 45 degree left turn; you will turn left on ( this same road ends at the reservoir).

after making the left start looking on your left and there will be an art studio. maybe 50 yards after the 45 degree left turn.

I would personally use such a quest as an excuse to escape this town for a few hours and do a one day roundtrip to bkk.

:rolleyes:

Onion Luke - is that just before the hotel on the corner?

Bergen, the artwork that Phadaeng have errrr ummmm 'hanging' is not really my taste!

Yes , and if you were to turn right at the corner you would be aproaching the big fire station . It is on the ground floor of an old shop house . I remember prints and objects hanging on the walls . I was looking for old vinyl records , unsuccessfully .

• 2 weeks later...

Bergen, the artwork that Phadaeng have errrr ummmm 'hanging' is not really my taste!

Yes , and if you were to turn right at the corner you would be aproaching the big fire station . It is on the ground floor of an old shop house . I remember prints and objects hanging on the walls . I was looking for old vinyl records , unsuccessfully .

MeMock , did you find any thing ?

• 3 weeks later...

MeMock , did you find any thing ?

A bit late I know, but if you are still looking take a look here. http://freebeerforyorky.com/pete.html

Hi Onionluke, sorry for not getting back to this thread. I have been out in the village for the last few weeks and only made it to Ubon the once. I had time for a quick look around Sunee but that was it. Hopefully on my next trip I will be able to check out the other places.

My internet is too slow to open that freebeeryorky site. What is it all about?

There are a few prints at Rawang Thang on Khuanthani opposite night market. Around the corner, next to the 7 the other gift shop has some framed motifs.

Some framemakers have pieces. There is a big one on Yuttaphan just south of the hotel. If you go towards the river from there & hang a left into Phrommarat there are some pieces for sale in a shop on the right side