Multiple entry visa

It should be enough with a color photo (maybe 2) and your western passport (with validity for at least 18 months).

The Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth consulates has proven to be the most visa friendly in the world.

Should be no problems with a Non-Immigrant multiple O or B there!

What nationality are you?

Nom problems. How is the Airline schedules to Perth?

I checked Brisbane flights, and you could actually leave Bangkok in the morning, have the multi visa issued at the consulate while waiting, and then take the plane back to Bangkok in the evening.

Perth had two days visa processing when I was there last time, but Brisbane issues on the spot according to earlier posts here.

Who knows what is behind the current refusal of many embassies to grant multiple entry visas?  And where is the best place in the region to go to get one?!?

I have lived here 13 years and have never had a problem before last year.  Since then, I have been refused multiple entries by Washington, D.C., Singapore, and most recently, Yangon.

I have an official company and provided them with all the required paperwork, but was nevertheless granted only a single entry.

Yangon asked for the usual documentation, plus a company tax form, company certification, shareholder list, etc., which I produced for them, and was then told: I give you only one entry!

After pushing the “civil servant” for a reason, he mumbled something about quotas, and told me to go to Singapore or Penang.

Although I enjoy travelling, I will soon have visited all of Thailand’s neighbors and still only have a single entry non-immigrant B visa.

I am tempted to use a Visa service illegally now, for which I will probably be caught and fined or possibly deported, from what I have heard.

Obviously, something is up, and the Thai govt. has put out the word to restrict or deny multiple entries to virtually everyone, as far as I can tell.

I would sure appreciate any comments, clarification, and illumination of this situation!

Thanks for any insights and suggestions you may have.

JP, Chiang Mai

What about Sydney.. I have obtained a one year, "O" muliple entry visa twice in the past 2 years simply on production of marriage certificate and wife's Thai ID... lodged one day, picked up the next.

Bapak, hello and welcome to Thailand Expat Forum.

Can't you call them in Sydney and let us all know if it's still possible to get multi's there. I have heard that they don't issue multi's anymore..

Please enlighten us all! Thanks in advance!

Huski,

The Immigration have no authorithy to issue Non-Immigrant Multiple entry visas. This MUST be obtained outside the country by a Thai Embassy or Consulate, ONLY!.

Your agent is telling you wrong. Don't use agents these days.

The quickest we know here right now is Brisbane and Adelaide in Australia. Thai Inter does Brisbane overnight ...departs bkk at 18.00, arrive Brisbane in the morning. Multiple visa "O" or "B" issued on the spot while waiting. Flight goes back at 22.50pm from Brisbane same day of your arrival. Check with your travel agent and please confirm here at the forum. Thanks!

Australia is the safe card if you want multiple entry granted!

http://www.thaiconsulate.org is their website.

Thanks for your responses, but I am still wondering what happened (under K. Toxin?) that multiple entries are routinely denied nowadays?!?  

The embassies still list all the requirements for a multiple-entry visa, and when presented with the relevant documents, simply refuse to grant the multiple entry.

Seems to be a part of the increasing trend to discourage farangs from living and working here, despite their contributions to the economy, transfer of knowledge, employment and training of Thai staff, etc...

I also find it difficult to believe that a well-connected Thai lawyer could not take care of things - for a reasonable fee.

Will try that route next before flying to another continent, although I do enjoy visiting Australia.

Finally, I wonder if anyone has had better luck in the USA than I did last year with Wash., DC?

Chicago and NY used to be a piece of cake, but now I certainly have my doubts...

What to say?!?  Jeeeeez!!!  The times they are a changin'!

Can't you call them in Sydney and let us all know if it's still possible to get multi's there. I have heard that they don't issue multi's anymore..

Phoned Sydney Consulate-General..

For "O" ..  if married to Thai.. They require: Passport, marriage certificate, photocopy of wife's passport and ID Card.

Multiple Entry available for Au$60.. about a 2 day turnaround.

For more details, see: http://thaisydney.idx.com.au/Nonimmigrantvisa.html

Does the Sydney/Brisbane consulate not require any proof of funds in order to issue a multiple entry visa?
AFAIK proof of funds is only required to extend a visa.  It was never a requirement in the past; but weather changes so can't speak for today.

I am very familiar with Visa services that send your Passport to countries with Thai embassies that are allowed to issue one year Multi- entry Visas. Usually sevice is about 10,000 B

I guess the worst thing that could happen is to be checked for your passport while it is sent away and then having to report it as lost. A friend had his lost while sent to New York and the Visa company paid for a new Passport.

Pattaya has several companies that offer this service.

Cheers

using a company to send your passport for a

non "o" immigrant multi for around 10000 bath

maybe 12000 bath some says can be dangoures

but how can a clever immigration officer see its

a fake. Its comming from a thaiconsulate or thai

embassi in either australia or america. Are here

anybody who can inform me. Can i trust companies

in Pattaya

It probably won't be a fake visa.   It will probably be missing stamps evidencing departure and arrival in the other country and it won't have an arrival stamp in Thailand so it won't be  an activated visa. An Immigration officer won't need to be a genius to note the situationand arrange free accommodation for you.         :o

My non-immigrant O multiple entry valid for one year was issued in Melbourne in two days recently on the basis of marriage to a Thai. Required my passport, marriage certificate, photocopy of her passport and $60. Very helpful staff.

My experience so far has been that if you abide by the rules and do what is required you get treated fairly. :o