Oil Change For Car Where And How Much

goforit

Need an oil change/oil filter for my 8 year old Honda City. Been taking it to the Honda dealer on Hang Dong road where I bought it but the last few times they have been steadily jacking the price up. Six months ago I payed almost 1600 baht and not long ago It only cost about 1000 baht or so.

Anyone have any recent experience at the other Honda dealers or just another place I can go that's more reasonable or is this the going rate these days?

Have a Toyota diesel 18 month's ago 1.200bt for oil and filter. Now 1.600 two week's ago. Oil price is up so is the cost of part's. 1,600+bt cheap. Go to Honda's at least they will give you the right part's and oil. If you want a comparison Friend of mine has just had his KIA diesel done in England 294 pound's +vat at 20%. Yes I know this is Thailand, just thank your lucky star's.

Edited by fredob43

<br />I have my oil changed every 5,000 miles at Isuzu on the Super for 800+ baht...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Even cheaper and top class will be Daychar Garage and Fuchs Oil. Yes, Fuchs. Top class German motor oil.

He is off the old Borsang/Sankampaeng Road in the soi on the right (around half a km from Superhighway) where you see the fork lift trucks and golf carts for sale on the pavement.

Having turned right, you pass that place (its also a huge used parts warehouse) and he is the 2nd gate on the right.

He had a Fuchs sign outside until the Powers That Be came along and charged him tax on it. No relation except as a very happy, cheap charlie customer. Daychar is an ace mechanic but - no English.

Have a Toyota diesel 18 month's ago 1.200bt for oil and filter. Now 1.600 two week's ago. Oil price is up so is the cost of part's. 1,600+bt cheap. Go to Honda's at least they will give you the right part's and oil. If you want a comparison Friend of mine has just had his KIA diesel done in England 294 pound's +vat at 20%. Yes I know this is Thailand, just thank your lucky star's.

What sort of a comparison is this? No way did he pay 294 pounds [about 14,700 Baht] just for oil and filter. Give us a break. Let's compare apples with apples.

Edited by paulchiangmai

Shell stations are doing specials on oil and filter change at present, worth a look and there oils are top notch. :)

That could be a good option. Do you have any pricing info?

Only for Helix H5 Diesel engine oil, 4 ltrs + filter 499 bht, 6 ltrs + filter 569 bht.

H7, semi synthetic, 7 ltrs 940 bht, oil only.

Worth asking when you next fill up