Good Place To Scan 200 Pages?

BlueEasySleep

If you scan and save as a pdf file, you can keep adding to the file so that you end up with a single file.

Though, as far as I know, all scanners can scan only a single page at a time.

Any scanner with a document feeder can handle 100's of pages to scan and will divide the file into individual pages (1 file)

If you scan and save as a pdf file, you can keep adding to the file so that you end up with a single file.

Though, as far as I know, all scanners can scan only a single page at a time.

Any scanner with a document feeder can handle 100's of pages to scan and will divide the file into individual pages (1 file)

Never seen one. You live and learn, eh?

yes Im sitting at one, I told you to PM me, I have a business class document scanner that can knock out 200 pages in about 15 minutes, but Im afraid now Ill have to up my offer to 25/baht/page as service charge because you may be hard to deal with.

Edited by BillR

yes Im sitting at one, I told you to PM me, I have a business class document scanner that can knock out 200 pages in about 15 minutes, but Im afraid now Ill have to up my offer to 25/baht/page as service charge because you may be hard to deal with.

Maybe "spin some records" while he waits?

I just asked my thai staff at my not professional office filled with not professional commercial quality scanning equipment how much the extremely professional thai shops charge and was told about 30b/page.

That's for shops with only small 1-page-at-a-time scanners.

Which is what I said I don't want.

and I offered to do it, at an office, on a commercial machine that can do 200 pages in about 20 minutes for 5b/page. We have a waiting area with a nice couch you could of sat on, while my staff offered you a cup of coffee or tea or water, and you could of read an English language magazine or newspaper while you waited out of the heat in air-con.

The offer is off BTW, since Id probably end up slitting my wrists if I had to meet you in person.

Edited by BillR

and I offered to do it, at an office, on a commercial machine that can do 200 pages in about 20 minutes for 5b/page. We have a waiting area with a nice couch you could of sat on, while my staff offered you a cup of coffee or tea or water, and you could of read an English language magazine or newspaper while you waited out of the heat in air-con.

The offer is off BTW, since Id probably end up slitting my wrists if I had to meet you in person.

"You can lead a horse to water..."

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Well said sir!!!!

Wow! Incredible!

Come on. Somebody offers to do it for 5 Baht per page, apparently a good price. In stead of accepting/declining the offer you start moaning about wanting professional equipment etc. Why not take up the initial offer and send a PM (too late now obviously) if you don't know/trust the offer?

Weird comments.

If I would like to scan documents and would not know where, I would prefer to have recommendations from this community members. I would like also like to have an selection of shops which has previously performed well.

I would not go for the first self promoting offer which was 'I can do that...' without any company name. Just a random person on the board with an scanner. Yes - more information was released later on, but not on the initial reply.

Yeah just looking for the locations of a couple shops I could get it done at for a reasonable price with little hassle.

If anyone knows any, I will be obliged.

Don't see the problem, this is a very simple job you can get done at lots of places. Any shop advertising like "copy and fax" outside will be able to do it, and many photo shops and computer maintainance places as well. In my office I have a scanner (bought for a pittance a long time ago), so I would probably do it myself, spreading it out over a week or so because the work is so boring. If in a hurry, I would simply go to one of these places, they're all over Phuket.

End of story, as far as I am concerned.

Don't see the problem, this is a very simple job you can get done at lots of places. Any shop advertising like "copy and fax" outside will be able to do it, and many photo shops and computer maintainance places as well. In my office I have a scanner (bought for a pittance a long time ago), so I would probably do it myself, spreading it out over a week or so because the work is so boring. If in a hurry, I would simply go to one of these places, they're all over Phuket.

The problem is that would take a very long time and cost a lot of money.

The problem is that would take a very long time and cost a lot of money.

It seems to me 'BES', that you are constantly trying to do things on the cheap, that can't always be done on the cheap. Then, when people tell you so, you go on the defensive.

Has it ever occured to you, that perhaps quite simply, you don't have enough money to do the things you want to do right now?