Passport Expires Soon

forgive me if this is a stupid question..

my husband and i plan to spend a few nights in malaysia, but his passport (thai) expires the end of march. i don't think we have enough time to get a new one before we want to go. will they let him enter with less than a month's validity?

thanks!

I can't answer your question about entry to Malaysia, I'm afraid.

However, renewing his Thai passport doesn't take long; 3 working days after the day of application if done in Bangkok, 10 working days in the provinces.

See the Ordinary Passport Section on the MFA website.

My wife renewed her Thai passport at Laksi last year; applied Monday, collected new passport Thursday.

Not sure how much, or little, validity they will allow on the old passport when renewing, but a month wont be a problem. My wife's still had 5 months left when she renewed.

thanks for the replies. i looked on the malaysia embassy website to find out but they said nothing...guess i should have googled instead! went to the passport office today and they said it should be at our house in a week (songkhla office)

and fyi, my sister in law says if you don't have a passport (and you are thai) you can get a paper at the border good for 7 days entrance- 80 baht i think...just in case anyone was wondering. :)