Air Asia Sale Coming

KhunDave

cheers; I'm on an aircard and too slow to make AA bookings that way so will head to an internet place 4km away - worth the trip I came back from Penang yesterday on cheap fares I bought last year, in May we head to Phnom Penh at the crazy cheap fare of 290b each way.

cheers; I'm on an aircard and too slow to make AA bookings that way so will head to an internet place 4km away - worth the trip I came back from Penang yesterday on cheap fares I bought last year, in May we head to Phnom Penh at the crazy cheap fare of 290b each way.

Hmmmmm and the full story, how much are the taxes :whistling:

Air Asia are pretty straightforward with their pricing - unlike some LCCs. The airport taxes are shown in the pricing menu and they are the exact same amounts as are levied by the respective airports. They don't charge fuel supplements. The only slightly questionable fee is the recently introduced "convenience fee" for paying with a credit or debit card. The attempts to add on insurance and other extras, and the perverse mouse clicks needed to remove them are also a bit disapointing. However compared with say, Ryanair, I think Air Asia do quite well.

The taxes are what they are, we went to Bali twice 800 Baht each time, 700 Baht for the tax and 100 Baht for booking by credit card.

some things can't be avoided, whatever the discount - taxes!

Still a cheap trip, as follows:

700 baht airport tax

150 baht airport fee

140 baht convenience fee (for online booking)

and

290 baht x 2 for flights

and I'll have to pay USD$25 departure/airport tax when leaving Phnom Penh

The travel period is 13th September until 29th February, it's only Air Asia flights this week though they will be doing Air Asia X flights next week.

They have sneaked in higher charges for checked luggage on the back of the higher oil prices due to the problems in the Middle East.

Looking for flights to/from CNX to HDY or BKK over Christmas/New-Year, it looks as though these have not yet been loaded onto the booking-site, which may make it more-difficult to book them under the offer ? :(

Or perhaps one needs to pay a surcharge-fee, whisper it quietly, to see what flights they will operate ? B)

Edited by Ricardo

Well not the free flights I had hoped for but not too bad I suppose. I have booked a return flight to Macau for 3000 Baht each, all in, and Hanoi for 1800.

I need to open an account with the Siam Commercial Bank to get rid of the convenience fee.

As I said yesterday they have hiked checked luggage to 450 Baht each way for a standard bag and preselected seat prices have also been increased.

Well not the free flights I had hoped for but not too bad I suppose. I have booked a return flight to Macau for 3000 Baht each, all in, and Hanoi for 1800.

I need to open an account with the Siam Commercial Bank to get rid of the convenience fee.

As I said yesterday they have hiked checked luggage to 450 Baht each way for a standard bag and preselected seat prices have also been increased.

Convenience fee, baggage fee, seat selection fee - they've all gone up by very large percentages. Good deals still to be had during the promotions, but I think the size of these fee increases will make Air Asia much less attractive on their normal fares. The difference between Air Asia regular fares and the lowest prices for Thai/Bangkok Airways is going to almost disappear I think.

Not too bad, GBP 130 all-in for 4 Pax CNX-HDY-CNX, including (luxury personified !) sitting-together & 40kgs of luggage, for a couple of weeks over Xmas/New-Year. So I guess it will be Christmas with family & by-the-beach this year ! :)

But a cheap-return CNX-KUL-STN in the autumn was GBP 451, even before wanting an aisle-seat or taking any hold-luggage, and an 11-hour overnight-connection in KUL on the return-flight ! Not so good. :(

Edited by Ricardo

I was told just a couple of nights ago that AsiaAir were doing some very cheap promos London/Bangkok via KL :(

When I put in dates end May to end June, via KL :(, it came up a whopping 839 GBP! Surely shome mishtake?

up until a couple of days ago AA were advertising KL to UK for 8300Bt(there abouts)one way,,, l think the book by date has passed ,,, but keep looking there are bargains to be had,, cheers

The Air Asia Sale appears to have been extended, I just received an email alerting me to a 'new' Sale, with bookings from March 1st-6th for travel from 13th September to 29th February 2012.

Think you will find that's the Air Asia X sale, I noticed it on their Facebook page last week.

The Air Asia Sale appears to have been extended, I just received an email alerting me to a 'new' Sale, with bookings from March 1st-6th for travel from 13th September to 29th February 2012.

Think you will find that's the Air Asia X sale, I noticed it on their Facebook page last week.

Many thanks for pointing that out. :jap: I'll check again tomorrow ! B)