Cheap Moving Company In Bkk?

Mali89

I'm moving to a new apartment within Bangkok. I think I just need one way with a truck. Is there any cheap moving company?

I'm young and only have young friends who don't drive so I can't rent a truck, and I also want someone to help me move the things so I really need a moving company

Thx for any information

Edited by Mali89

Get your gal to go out the soi and look at the signs on the electrical poles - failing that if you know someone like Tod Daniels or similar (fluent in Thai) they could do this as well. Usually next to the loan shark signs you will find one with a truck / driver for rent. Get your gal to call. Pack the stuff well yourself and move across the city for 1 to 2k.

Head down Thong Lor (Suk soi 55) - there are loads of trucks with telephone numbers on the side, take down a few numbers and get a Thai friend to call them for you - i just moved a few days ago, used this approach for a moving company and had a stress free move (still tiring tho)

the 6 wheel trucks for example about 2200 baht for the days hire, then on top its around 500 baht per person, depending on how many guys you want to hire, then it can be a little extra for anything you want placing into the new place

thats what i was quoted when asking, i also had a thai ask another place with a 6 wheel truck and they were qouted a similar price structure, thats just the trucks around for hire in 101/1 sukumvit, maybe in other areas of bangkok they could be cheaper

I paid similar, 1500b for the Truck+driver and 500b a head for the workmen. They charged me 300b to dismantle/reassemble some of the furniture which i wasn't going to argue with... in the end i tipped them well as they did all the lifting and carrying and had to make two trips... they only damaged one thing which was very minor. Overall very impressed with the guys.

• 9 months later...

I'm also looking for someone to help me move.

When I last moved over 2 years ago my Thai GF arranged a small flatbed truck, this time as I am moving away from her I need to find my own man with a van/truck.

As I don't speak or read any Thai looking at lamp posts ads etc is out and as my GF is known by every motorbike taxi and Thai person on our street I can't ask them (I don't want her getting wind of my plan to leave her until I'm actually loading the truck with my stuff)

Its not a lot of stuff - washing machine, some furniture and basic household items (microwave, toaster etc)

I suppose it's too much to expect an English speaking service in Bangkok?

Any suggestions appreciated!

I'm also looking for someone to help me move.

When I last moved over 2 years ago my Thai GF arranged a small flatbed truck, this time as I am moving away from her I need to find my own man with a van/truck.

As I don't speak or read any Thai looking at lamp posts ads etc is out and as my GF is known by every motorbike taxi and Thai person on our street I can't ask them (I don't want her getting wind of my plan to leave her until I'm actually loading the truck with my stuff)

Its not a lot of stuff - washing machine, some furniture and basic household items (microwave, toaster etc)

I suppose it's too much to expect an English speaking service in Bangkok?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Do you know where you are moving to? If so let the new destination apt people take care of it for you.

You could give these people a call,

http://www.jvkmovers.com/home-local-removal-services.php

I used:

UdomTruckTransport.JPG

A bloke with a bad back, a truck and a couple of lads to help. A bit of English spoken. Charge by the trip but they did my 30m2 room in one trip. about THB2k plus a little extra for the lads.

Your old or new place should be able to recommend someone or even organize it for you.

• 8 months later...