Hot Water Pipes

fdimike

I have never seen any, (or even copper) here but I would ask in Home Pro as they seem to have most things. I believe it is still normal to use iron here for hot water. Once you find the pipe you will also have to find someone who knows how to install it. Good luck. :o

Does anyone have any info on the type of pipe available here in Thailand capable of handling hot water?  I am building a house with a hot and cold water system throughout and would like some advice.

Thanks

I recently saw some plastic lined galvanized pipe at Tool Pro but would rather have plastic if available.

Two years ago I had a solar-powered hot-water system installed in the bungalow I was having built.

I live in Khon Kaen and had a hard job finding a shop that sold copper pipe but finally found just one. As mentioned above the most difficult thing was finding a plumber that had experience of copper installation, but we did so.

The solar-powered system was installed by Solar Solutions of Khon Kaen province.

Copper is relatively expensive which is why its hardly ever used - I recently had some stuff called PB Piping installed at my house in Pattaya which the plumber has said is good for at least 10 years. Its clearly a plastic type piping and is a very dark gray, almost black colour and hard to the touch like PVC. Seemingly its supposed to be excellent (!!!!!!), so I have given it a try. Its only been in for a couple of months but no problems so far and I have 12KW Siemens water heaters that chuck out a lot of hot water. Very few people though know how to install it properly and perhaps most important, how to glue the joins - its not standard PVC glue that they use for it. The pipe is about 10mm thick.

Copper piping for hot water is not all that uncomon in Thailand but takes a good look around to find a provider.

I would say go to the builder of any large development or "estate" and they will turn you on to the copper pipe people they use when owners insist on copper pipe for hot water systems.

My copper pipe was pvc with a copper lining. The project builder didn't raise an eyebrow when I specified copper pipe for hot water system.

In Chiang Mai, the guy who also repairs appliances is copper knowledgeable and he has made repairs in copper for me.

Some of the joints outside the walls may have a cast iron fitting, however.

I just goes to show how much I don’t know. :D

I installed an electric hot water system in my house and used the usual blue pipes, I did not realise that you could not use them. :D

It’s been about 10 years now with no problems but now I have something to worry about. :o

Does anyone have any info on the type of pipe available here in Thailand capable of handling hot water?  I am building a house with a hot and cold water system throughout and would like some advice.

Thanks

Try Syler pre-lined steel pipe at www.sylerpipe.com.

I'm planning to use this for all my hot water pipes, plus all cold and hot to the 2 inside bathrooms as I these will be imbedded in the concrete floor. All remaining bathrooms, ensuites etc are on the Southfacing walls for which I will use the normal Thai blue plastic pipe in a conduit along the edge of the wall for easy access in case of leaks.

Klik the products page for nice color pix and costs here in Thailand: http://www.sylergroup.com/producteng.html

The best to date

Regards...