Death Of A Friend: Winit On His Harley Road Glide

Kf6vci

My friend Winit Kongprasert got killed on Saturday the 19th riding a motorcycle in the Lopburi province in the afternoon. He rode a black 2009 HD Road Glide which he kept tuning and customizing with Screaming Eagle parts. That 375 kg beast was his pride and joy! Winit loved long tours with friends and they would have a cop car in front of the group... We wanted to ride in the golden Triangle in a few weeks... Winit leaves two sons going to college and a wife. RIP Harley Man!

Edited by Kf6vci

Winit was 49, an engineer working for Western Digital and here is a photo of a Road Glide.

Six weeks ago, he told me how dozens of bikers started up their engines when another rider's body was cremated.

Hope many will do that for him soon.

Wat Chonlaprathan Rangsarit

Bang Talat, Pak Kret

GPS:

Long : 100.50686 E (100° 30' 25'' E)

Lat : 13.90064 N (13° 54' 2'' N)

post-7704-0-64429100-1298185335_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear of the passing of another biker...ESPECIALLY on the road. My condolences to his family. I hate to hear of a road accident taking one of us because it could happen to any one of us. Are there any details as to what happened?

Yes but at least he died doing the thing he loved the most, we could all hope to be so fortunate when our time comes..... I have 2 sons myself and feel for his families loss the most.... Condolences

Edited by WarpSpeed

RIP .... and let his death not be a waste but be reminder to us all that the roads of Thailand are full of riders & drivers that ride & drive regardless the risk of other on the road (just proven last night at the 331 with a big accident with serval cars involved ....)

Chang Noi

Seems he lost control of the bike and a car can over him in the mountains. Will report again after speaking to the family this afternoon.

We all have overcooked corners, and were lucky that there was no traffic. Sometimes the rear tire would wag and wiggle in some scary way. Then there are those moments when we don't dare break hard because we see the gravel or sand in a corner... Drive safely and wear proper gear. those protectors are good. And a fat friend fell off his Suzuki 850 cc at 130 km/h on the German Autobahn, and the leather protected his skin. I'll make a will, sign an organ donor card and leave a DNR request behind.

Winit, 49 was a manager at Western Digital and riding any time he could which was most weekends. Not sure if he told his wife about this 375 kg iron lady and when. I asked him if he test rode a bike more than 5 x his own weight with boots on and he said no.

Hope one of his riding buddies (one of them is that short comedian with the oriental beard one sees every week on TV) will post.

Chris

Sorry to hear this, and my condolences to his family.

I've lost more than a few good friends, and know many others who I've met briefly who have been taken away prematurely.

Be safe out there, people.

Keep the shiny side up, as the saying goes.....:jap:

Well, his wife explained the deadly accident: on the highway, him overtaking. A head on collision wiikes th a pickup truck. He was in the wrong lane according to the cops. Such a pointless death! Breathe and don't put yourself in danger just to move up 5 positions. When travelling in a group, the guys at the rear need to be the fastest riders...

Thanks for reading. Ride safely!

Chris

......When travelling in a group, the guys at the rear need to be the fastest riders.......

Chris

Sad story.

The above is usually forgotten and all the fast guys want to be at the front so............

Maybe like running we need to promote the pace-group theory for collective rides.