Who Could Replace The Swede?

lampard10

Is he the one or who is better  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But what players would you pick,its not Ericsson's fault,we just ain't good enough.

This current squad looks good on paper,but theres no passion,they think they are going to stroll out and win.Maybe a change of captain would be better,Terry for example,someone to get them going.I'm fed up with Rio Ferdinand,he's lost the plot.

The Sun is on Ericssson's his case now, so he's had basically he will get drummed out,picture of him with a rope round his neck today.

I suppose all teams have bad patchers,better to have it now than next year.

Too late - have to stick with what we got until the campaign is over. :o

Yep, totally agree. Changing manager now will not benefit anyone.

I think Pearce will make a good England manager one day, a bit too early now though. Although he has done wonders at Bolton, I just don't think big Sam wouild do it for England. Curbishley is another decent shout, but again, done great at his club for like 13 years is it? But I just cannot see him doing it for England either.

I think there is a distinct lack of quality English managers.

Posted Today, 2005-09-09 14:17:14

But what players would you pick,its not Ericsson's fault,we just ain't good enough.

This current squad looks good on paper,but theres no passion,they think they are going to stroll out and win.Maybe a change of captain would be better,Terry for example,someone to get them going.I'm fed up with Rio Ferdinand,he's lost the plot.

The Sun is on Ericssson's his case now, so he's had basically he will get drummed out,picture of him with a rope round his neck today.

I think it is the manager's job to instill passion and motivate the team. I said this in a previous post and I will say it again, I think England have the best team player for player in the world, we just need a manager who can prove it.

Yes; I reckon you're right. I thought that the England team to play Denmark was the best, or certainly one of the best, on paper I have ever seen. Terry's out for a while, so he's not eligable What do you mean Ferdinand? I thought Beckham was captain. He's past his his sell-by-date as well. I think when John Terry is fit again he should be skipper. He is like Beckham was; leads by example.

What do you mean Ferdinand?

I think he just means he is fed up with Ferdinand in general, not as captain, just a player in the team. I agree with him on that too, Ferdinand is the most overrated player I've ever watched. He just isn't that good. I think Woodgate is the best defender we have, just a shame he is always injured.

When Leeds had both Woodgate and Ferdinand, I heard many of them say Woodgate was by far better, when he came up here to Newcastle he was by far the best centre-half we've ever had, he's just unfortunately injured a lot, poor bloke.

I think he just means he is fed up with Ferdinand in general, not as captain, just a player in the team. I agree with him on that too, Ferdinand is the most overrated player I've ever watched. He just isn't that good. I think Woodgate is the best defender we have, just a shame he is always injured.

When Leeds had both Woodgate and Ferdinand, I heard many of them say Woodgate was by far better, when he came up here to Newcastle he was by far the best centre-half we've ever had, he's just unfortunately injured a lot, poor bloke.

I fully agree...........I don't rate Ferdinand as a World class defender. Club class; yes Premiership; maybe. But World class? give me a break. :o

Any manager who takes on the English job without ensuring a change in the whole approach to training and coaching throughout all levels of the English game, will always, in the end, manage a loosing team.

The players are just not good enough.

They may have natural footballing ability that have allowed them to excel at a national level, but they lack the learnt skills and techniques that only years (from 5 years of age and on) of hard training from qualified coaches gives.

We treat our football players like pop stars, but forget that pop stars are here today and gone tomorrow.

Preparation for a World cup takes more time, effort and dedication than that used to produce a number 1 hit.

Especially if the team needs to remain at number one for longer than 24 hours.

Too late - have to stick with what we got until the campaign is over. :D

I concur :D

I think Pearce will make a good England manager one day, a bit too early now though.

I fully agree...........I don't rate Ferdinand as a World class defender. Club class; yes Premiership; maybe. But World class? give me a break. :D

Not in a typing mood tonight :o:D

thomas merton

Any manager who takes on the English job without ensuring a change in the whole approach to training and coaching throughout all levels of the English game, will always, in the end, manage a loosing team.

They may have natural footballing ability that have allowed them to excel at a national level, but they lack the learnt skills and techniques that only years (from 5 years of age and on) of hard training from qualified coaches gives.

We treat our football players like pop stars, but forget that pop stars are here today and gone tomorrow.

Preparation for a World cup takes more time, effort and dedication than that used to produce a number 1 hit.

thank you Capt. Mainwaring :o

Mohrino could do it, but even though I'm not really assosiated with the Motherland any more I would like to see an Englishman who fits the bill. With unlimited talent and no money worries, I think Allerdyce could fit the job.

don't look for any actual premiership trainer, they all have a decent job, and will not risk to change that for an ejector seat, IMHO it is better anyway to stick with him for this time.

what someone could do, is looking for a young trainer, who is willing to take the risk, and give him about three years to build a new team.

forget the old, frustrated snobs, like Ferdinand, who have made their fortune longtime ago and are not interested in "working" on the field anymore.

get young, fresh guys, motivate them, and within three years you will have a brilliant team - of course, you can have some older players, especially in the beginning, but only those who are willing to work hard and give a good example, like Terry, Lampard, Gerrard.

but don't expect too much (or rather anything good) from this team now!

Why? Are you lot going to beat us in the next match.

don't even dream about this, we're having the same problems :

any player you call to the team, their first two questions :

how much do I get? :D

can I join after the training? :D

and we don't have a decent manager either, they are all afraid of those bloody bastards! :D

there was one excellent trainer, worked for a while with two good german clubs : Stuuttgart, and HSV (Hamburg), later national trainer : he was the real guy, with him we beat germany in Argentina!

you need a trainer "with the carrot and the stick", to form a good team and hold it together, not one who is afraid of the ballerinas! :o

Why? Are you lot going to beat us in the next match.

don't even dream about this, we're having the same problems :

any player you call to the team, their first two questions :

how much do I get? :D

can I join after the training? :D

and we don't have a decent manager either, they are all afraid of those bloody bastards! :D

there was one excellent trainer, worked for a while with two good german clubs : Stuuttgart, and HSV (Hamburg), later national trainer : he was the real guy, with him we beat germany in Argentina!

you need a trainer "with the carrot and the stick", to form a good team and hold it together, not one who is afraid of the ballerinas! :o

Trouble is there were never any real good Austrian players that spring to mind. Andreas Mueller was one of the best. When he played with Werder he was dubbed " The White Pele" for a while. I think he ended up at Bayern Munich and so did his career. You could of course bring Arnie in as manager.

[quotetere weren't any good players that spring to mind. Andreas Mueller was one of the best. When he played with Werder he was dubbed " The White Pele" for a while. I think he ended up at Bayern Munich and so did his career. You could of course bring Arnie in as manager.

you are right and you are wrong :

we had an excellent team, at times, when england was nowhere, the socalled "wonderteam", but that was in the fifties!

lately, we did have some excellent players, two very good midfielders :

Andi Herzog, many years (and titles) with Werder Bremen, and Munich too.

Prohaska, many years in several italian clubs - miserabel trainer. too weak!

Toni Polster, one of the best goalgetters for years in the german league with Cologne, later Moenchengladbach

Hans Krankl, who marked the deciding goal against Germany in Argentina, played many years in Spain.

some others too, not so well known.

but you are certainly right, not now, - and not enough, to form a good team, as our managers have the same crazy ideas, to fill their squads with foreigners, although from a lower class than those in england, but still to expensif for our small league, with no competition., and therefore young players don't get a real chance to come up, with very few exceptions.

thomas merton

thank you Capt. Mainwaring :o

Perhaps.

But aren’t the real Captain Mainwarings those who still believe in the post-1966 myths: that England is the best footballing nation in the world.

No matter how much those hundreds of thousands on the terraces every Saturday, huff and puff, they can't, without a decent training tradition change eleven primadonnas into international footballers.

I suppose you are one of those who still say Demark and Greece’s successes were just flukes, despite the fact that the "Great" English side hasn't been able to fluke a single trophy since it fluked 1966.

You can chop and change the managership all you want - even put JC in charge - but England will never win a major championship in the next 20 years unless the whole training and coaching system is revitalised with trained personnel replacing over-enthusiastic under-achieving parental wannabees.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I'll put my money where my mouth is - free drinks on me at the FC if ever England win a major championship within the next 20 years.

Should this unlikely event ever happen, I’d even wear a home guards uniform to the party.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Yes thats what I meant,actually Beckham came out as the best of the bunch over the last couple games.

I think Ericsson will be gone by the next England game,once the British press shapen the knive,there only one outcome.

Sam Allardyce came top of the sun poll yesterday

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...5420105,00.html

Sorry; I meant Herzog not Mueller. Andy Mueller was German. Played in Scotland as well.

got you : you mean Andi Moeller, longtime captain of Borussia Dortmund, yes, plyed in Scotland, recently trainer in germany.

Mueller was : Gerd Mueller, THE goalgetter of Bayern Munich for ages, when Beckenbauer was still playing (and captain), and Paul Breitner too.

he went later to the US, but not very successful. :o