Savannakhet, Laos Non-imm. Visa O

I dont know about a Non Imm O but last year I got a new tourist visa there. When they gave it to me I was told to apply for a Non Imm next time I come. Since then I have been back to Aus and got a Non Imm there.

I will need a new visa in Mar of next year so will try Savannakhet for that.

If you decide to go to Savannakhet, I would be interested in seeing how you go.

The actual consulate is only about 5 mins walk from the ferry terminal. Not sure what the opening hours are but last time we got there about 9.30 am and put in the application for tourist visa. We were told to come back at 2.30 and it would be issue. Right on 2.30 they came out with the passports for all that were waiting. Back across the river into Mukdahan by 4pm and home by 5pm.

Looking forward to hearing your results for the visa run.

Does anyone have experience obtaining a Non-Immigrant Visa O at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet Laos and what are the opening times and requested papers.

Is it easy to obtain or should I go to Vientianne?

A little bit of information would help a lot ... eg support retirement ?

I intend to get a Non-O 3 months first in Savannaket and later in Mukdahan a 1 year Thai wife support visa. The requested paper work varies a lot depending where you apply so I would like to hear what is required by the Thai consulate in Savannnakhet.

I dont know about a Non Imm O but last year I got a new tourist visa there.  When they gave it to me I was told to apply for a Non Imm next time I come.  Since then I have been back to Aus and got a Non Imm there.

I will need a new visa in Mar of next year so will try Savannakhet for that.

If you decide to go to Savannakhet, I would be interested in seeing how you go.

The actual consulate is only about 5 mins walk from the ferry terminal.  Not sure what the opening hours are but last time we got there about 9.30 am and put in the application for tourist visa.  We were told to come back at 2.30 and it would be issue.  Right on 2.30 they came out with the passports for all that were waiting.  Back across the river into Mukdahan by 4pm and home by 5pm.

Looking forward to hearing your results for the visa run.

Sezzo

Thanks a lot. So the Thai consulate in Savannakhet is customer friendly.

The visa should only require a copy of your marriage certificate and of your wife ID card at any Consulate. Some places have asked for a note from wife that you are still together but this is not normally required. I would take the wife myself. Should not be any problem.

I was advised by another Australian " you can not obtain a visa for entering Laos at Mukdahan, you must obtain one at the Lao consulate in Khon Kaen prior to making the trip.

Lao visa can be obtained at the ferry terminal at Savannakhet prior to going through the Lao immigration point for 1500 baht for a 15 day visa. The visa window is about 5 metres from the immigration windows.

At Mukdahan you simply buy the ferry ticket and board the ferry. Once you get across the river you go into the ferry terminal and pay for the visa.

A couple of my aussie mates who are on Non Imm B visaa have been using Mukdahan/Savannakhet as their visa runs for the past couple of years.

Sezzo

Thanks a lot. So the Thai consulate in Savannakhet is customer friendly.

Before I did a visa run over there last year I read up on this forum about the consulate staff there and saw some horror stories about an employee there. Thankfully she has been replaced by some younger guys there. They were very helpful and I had no probs getting the tourist visa.

Like I said before I was advised there by another more senior guy there to apply for a Non Imm visa next time.

I was advised by another Australian " you can not obtain a visa for entering Laos at Mukdahan, you must obtain one at the Lao consulate in Khon Kaen prior to making the trip.

Lao visa can be obtained at the ferry terminal at Savannakhet prior to going through the Lao immigration point for 1500 baht for a 15 day visa. The visa window is about 5 metres from the immigration windows.

At Mukdahan you simply buy the ferry ticket and board the ferry. Once you get across the river you go into the ferry terminal and pay for the visa.

A couple of my aussie mates who are on Non Imm B visaa have been using Mukdahan/Savannakhet as their visa runs for the past couple of years.

Sezzo Thanks for the "heads up" when I said "Mukdahan" it was intended to cover the Lao (Savannakhet) side of the border too. I wondered about it when this older guy passed on the "no entry visa obtainable" but did not know hence accepted it as correct.

• 2 years later...