Hi

I posted a similar thread in general but didnt get many responses.

I was wondering if anyone here has invested in k-gold investment at Kasikorn bank

Can anyone advise me if this is a good investment for foreigners, regarding tax, returns etc

Thank you

We don't have this fund but we have TMB Gold fund and MFC Gold fund, which are similar. They all feed in to SPDR Gold Trust Fund, which you can google. Other Thai banks have similar funds. The MFC has fared slightly better than TMB bank as the fund is allowed to hedge the currencies should they choose to.

Tax very much depends on individual circumstances. There should be no additional tax in Thailand, so depends on what your own home country is.

Overall it's useful if you think you would like some exposure to gold as an asset class, and is relatively easy for individual retail investors, which is the aim of SPDR's fund. You can sell regularly at any point.

Charges are also low compared to going to an offshore IFA who will try and put you in an offshore portfolio bond for essentially the same type of fund, plus extra charges + fees + additional restrictions on getting your money out, 10 year lock-ins etc.

Actually a good example of how Thailand has progressed in this industry, and why for many people onshore it doesn't pay to use expensive IFA products if you take an interest in your own affairs