Bahrain F1 Off

gotlost

Not completely unexpected, shame it couldn't be diverted to Dubai though as they offered to take it and there is enough time and it would have been easy enough in the same neighborhood....

Edited by WarpSpeed

You're taking the piss right :blink: ????

Won't this one do??

dubai-autodrome-520x390.jpg

Dubai Autodrome

I think you'll find that an F1 car doesn't fit on that track. But do you think it would take them long to take the red rope of it?

:rolleyes: You do understand what a model rendering is yes? The Dubai Autodrome is an FIA sanctioned track and thus can accommodate F1 cars.. The only major issue is logistical, the fact that there is not sufficient infrastructure to support the race coupled with most team and spectators having made hotel reservations as much as a year in advance it would be a mad dash and near impossibility to do at this point in time..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Actually on second thought based on this exhibition crash of the Renault a few years ago maybe there's not enough room for an F1 car...At least not with a complete amateur driving it :whistling: ..

mohammed-bin-sulayem-f1-crash-dubai-renault.jpg

:D

He just had a problem getting around that rope. ;)

Yeah that must a been it...

Don't be daft, Dubai can't afford it. They already owe Abu Dhabi about a gazillion dollars.

I see, hosting an F1 race isn't a money making venture?? :lol: Besides what's a few gazillion dollars amongst friends and the dollar isn't what it used to be anyway..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Taking the piss - No B)

A little frivolous maybe.

I know they have motor racing in Dubai but as far as I know don't have a F1 Track so I doubt it would be a simple matter to change the venue to Dubai at short notice.

Now next door at Abu Dhabi they do have a F1 Track and would be a better choice.

:D