U.S. drone attack kills 6 people in North Waziristan

News_Editor

U.S. drone attack kills 6 people in North Waziristan

2011-02-22 02:16:16 GMT+7 (ICT)

MIRANSHAH, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- A suspected U.S. missile on Monday killed six people in North Waziristan tribal region, the second in two days in Pakistan, Ary news television reported.

The U.S. drone attack consisted in two missiles that targeted a compound in a village near Mir Ali in the Pakistani-Afghan border area. The compound was used by militants and the six victims were foreigners.

The strike occurred approximately 20 kilometers south of Miranshah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal district. It was the second in the last 48 hours as another attack took place on Sunday.

An unmanned aircraft fired three missiles at a house in South Waziristan. The attack killed six militants in the Kaza Panga village at Azam Warsik , 15 kilometers west of Wana, the main town in the region.

The U.S. has not confirmed the attacks as well as if there were high-profile victims in the drone strikes in the tribal areas near the Afghan border. The U.S. strikes are aimed at disrupting al-Qaeda and Taliban-allied insurgents in the area.

These were the first drone strikes since the arrest of U.S. national Raymond Davis over the fatal shooting of two Pakistani individuals in January. On Monday, a Pakistani intelligence official said that Davis was a undercover Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) contractor.

On January 23, seven people were killed in two separate U.S. drone attacks in North Waziristan. U.S. missiles hit a vehicle after it had parked outside a house, killing four alleged militants.

Hours later, a second U.S. missile attack killed at least three suspected militants in the region. After the attacks, thousands of tribesmen held an anti-U.S. protest in North Waziristan, demanding a halt to U.S. drone strikes while chanting anti-U.S. slogans.

The United States is most active in the North Waziristan area as the region is known to be a stronghold of the Haqqani Network, which is considered one of the top terrorist organizations and threats to U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-02-22

Amazing !!!!

America lectures other states and countries vis a vis non violent protests, peaceful demonstrations and then launches Drone attacks on a sovereign state on suspected terrorists,

Not confirmed targets but suspects. Indeed a wonderful way to win hearts and minds.

America is sadly the worlds biggest terrorist organisation and the biggest threat to world peace.

Amazing !!!!

America lectures other states and countries vis a vis non violent protests, peaceful demonstrations and then launches Drone attacks on a sovereign state on suspected terrorists,

Not confirmed targets but suspects. Indeed a wonderful way to win hearts and minds.

America is sadly the worlds biggest terrorist organisation and the biggest threat to world peace.

Why is it I never see you guys whining about these attacks? http://www.thaivisa....rn-afghanistan/

I don't have time to find it now, but one of these reports, says that civlian deaths caused by insurgents has increased to 76%, while deaths caused by western forces has decreased.

Edited by beechguy

I don't have time to find it now, but one of these reports, says that civlian deaths caused by insurgents has increased to 76%, while deaths caused by western forces has decreased.

An increase in civilian deaths by 76% inflicted by insurgents !!

A decrease in deaths caused by western forces !!

Such figures suggest to me that the armed forces efforts are indeed a total failure.

Such figures suggest to me that the armed forces efforts are indeed a total failure.

Well the point is, people like you pretend to be concerned about civilian deaths, obviously isn't true or you would be complaining about the insurgents bombing markets and banks.

Well the point is, people like you pretend to be concerned about civilian deaths, obviously isn't true or you would be complaining about the insurgents bombing markets and banks.

Yeh, some want it both ways, glad the USA came in in 1941. :)