"View New Content" Faulty?

briley

I normally click on "View new content" to see what has come up since I last visited ThaiVisa,

But over the last few months I have noticed that when I get half way through the new posts I see the same post on page X as I did on page Y - it seems most new postings are coming up twice in the listing.

Is it me or Firefox (version 3.6) or Thai Visa's problem?

I'd also like to be able to "view new content" but for only certain, selected, forums. A few forum have no interest for me. Is that possible?

over the last few months I have noticed that when I get half way through the new posts I see the same post on page X as I did on page Y - it seems most new postings are coming up twice in the listing.

I am using IE8 and am getting the same thing. Quite annoying really but up till now nobody else seems to have mentioned it. Maybe it is a bug that can be fixed.

:)

When you go to a new page, the system will get the next 20 new topics (for example, but number depends on your settings).

If there have been new posts, then some topics that were on the previous page will have been pushed into the next page by the time you view it.

For example:

View first page which shows the 20 newest posted topics.

While you are viewing this page, someone posts to another topic.

You view the second page and see that the 20th entry on the previous page is now the first entry on the new page (now the 21st entry overall).

whybother is correct, however I see a reproducible problem with view new content.

Click on "last" or use the drop down to go to page 20 for example. In most cases I see that the first one or two posts at the top of the page are out of sequence.

While I can see that a new post will "nudge" the posts along perhaps to the next page, the problem I'm experiencing is a post that is on say page 1 or 2 will turn up again on page 16 or 17.

This can sometimes happen to several posts with repeats of the same posts on a later page.

:angry:

whybother is correct, however I see a reproducible problem with view new content.

Click on "last" or use the drop down to go to page 20 for example. In most cases I see that the first one or two posts at the top of the page are out of sequence.

Yep, I see what you mean. I just did that (to page 40) and the top of the list on that page was today at 12:22, while all the others were from a couple of days ago.

Edited by whybother

WhyBother is correct, when a new posting comes along they do slide up a place, but in the 5 minutes or so I take to go through 10+ pages this only moves things up 3 or 5 places.

What I see is - say there are 20 pages of new content, from page 10 onwards many of the entries are repeats of the topics in the first 10 pages. But not in any particular order.

This is the same as Daffy D says.