Bike Storage

DeepSea

Hi Guys,

Hope somebody out there may be able to help with this request...

I have a VFR750 I would like to keep in Bkk whilst I'm overseas, am happy to pay rent if you have a secure location (downstairs in an appt building would be fine if the building staff dont mind).

Please let me know if you can help, IM or email is fine, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers.

Hi - maybe depends on how long for, but twice I have left my bike with Yamaha dealers in places I've lived while I've been away 7-10 days for visa/holiday.

Both times I'd dealt with them for services/parts etc, they had room in the back of the workshop; first time I was going to offer 500 baht but he got in first and said 100.

May be worth a try if you know one, should be safe/secure.

Hi - maybe depends on how long for, but twice I have left my bike with Yamaha dealers in places I've lived while I've been away 7-10 days for visa/holiday.

Both times I'd dealt with them for services/parts etc, they had room in the back of the workshop; first time I was going to offer 500 baht but he got in first and said 100.

May be worth a try if you know one, should be safe/secure.

Hi Genghis,

Thanks for the advice and offer of assistance, apologies for the delay in responding... I have managed to come up with something to tide me over for the next six months and there is another chap in Bkk who is in the process of buying a Harley with a similar requirement for secure, private parking, so we're going to work together to try and find something appropriate.

In the event that anybody ever reads this thread and is looking for parking, you may wish to try the Thai version of Craigs List as a first port of call, look under Parking/Storage, there were a number of listings in the 1000/2000 baht per month for secure parking, but invariably they are Thai nationals looking to rent out their condo spaces... if there are any expats out there (for ease of communication in the first instance) who can offer this service, please let me know as we are still looking for a longer term fix.

Cheers...

I do not know about BKK but here in PTY there are a few (I know at least 3) places that are "proffesional parking area's" for cars (secure closed area, parking under a roof). Might work for bikes as well. Actually there must be more people with this "problem" of bike storage.

BTW I think that renting out your parking space in your condo is illegal, and I would not trust my bike at a more or less public parking space in a condo where I (or good friends) do not live.

Chang Noi

I appreciate the comments and in large part they account for the reason why I'm not inclined to jump at the first opportunity. I would prefer to do business with a bike owning expat who has additional space if possible. You may be correct in your assumption that it is illegal to sublet as many of the Thai nationals want to keep the arrangement under their hats so to speak; In respect to my current arrangement, I approached the building management rather than a resident, or security personnel at the bulilding in which I rent an apartment whilst in town, and it is they who have agreed to let me store my bike... further I have a good quality German lock and chain set which is looped around an 8" riser and my back wheel so good luck to anybody who wants to spend a significant amount of time hacking thorugh the bloody thing. The building is in a good area, cameras up the wazoo and the security staff know me, so I feel quite relaxed about leaving it there, it's not a 'long term' solution however... my search will continue....

Cheers...

When my mate goes out of country for extended periods of time he takes his R1 up to his condo in the freight elevator and parks it in his living room. :lol:

I've done the same from time to time-

1013Ninja650R1.jpg

Might this be an option for you?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Actually get rid of that TV .... why watch TV when you can watch a beautiful motorbike?

We have a beautiful Honda C70 in our livingroom ....

Chang Noi