Competent, Reliable Motorcycle Mechanic/Shop In Phuket?

Phuketshrew

Can anyone recommend a competent and reliable big bike motorcycle mechanic or shop in Phuket?

I have an older GSXR750R bike that needs battery/electrics attention, a good service and test.

The bike was taken to 4Stroke Big Bike shop on Thepkrasattri Road in Phuket Town couple of weeks ago and the above service was requested. It was also agreed that (for a commission) the bike could be displayed and sold outside the shop. I have just advertised it on Thai Visa.

However, an interested guy went to view the bike but couldn't try it as nothing had been done to fix it (despite an earlier call explaining that someone was coming to view and that it needed to be running). My wife responded with a phone call to ask why and was told not to complain and if she didn't like it then go pick the bike up again. Clearly the guy at the 4Stroke shop can't be trusted.

So, I am looking for a reliable and competent mechanic/bike shop that can pick the bike up from 4Stroke bike shop and fix it. I have spent alot of money on this bike in the past with many parts being brought back from the UK. I also have a full gasket/seals set for it.

If anyone can help - then I would like to get it 'sorted' and then sold.

Thanks.

That is a tough one in Phuket. I have had pretty good luck with Phuket Bike Art. They are located about 300m towards town from TescoLotus. Call Noi at 089 474 2962. They can pick up from anywhere in Phuket. The head mechanic is June. He and the other mechanics drink Leo and smoke L&M dang. Butter them up a bit and you'll get extra special attention and priority, as they can be busy.

That is a tough one in Phuket. I have had pretty good luck with Phuket Bike Art. They are located about 300m towards town from TescoLotus. Call Noi at 089 474 2962. They can pick up from anywhere in Phuket. The head mechanic is June. He and the other mechanics drink Leo and smoke L&M dang. Butter them up a bit and you'll get extra special attention and priority, as they can be busy.

Thanks. Yes I know Noi and Phuket Bike Art - Spent quite a bit of money there but never really solved any problems - they couldn't balance a new set of carbs I bought from the UK.

Thanks. Yes I know Noi and Phuket Bike Art - Spent quite a bit of money there but never really solved any problems - they couldn't balance a new set of carbs I bought from the UK.

I would suggest MCW, located close to Robinson/Mc Donalds in town. Not sure if the MCW signs are still up, as they have become Triumph dealer/servicepartner. I believe they still have an ad in Phuket gazette online

I would suggest MCW, located close to Robinson/Mc Donalds in town. Not sure if the MCW signs are still up, as they have become Triumph dealer/servicepartner. I believe they still have an ad in Phuket gazette online

My experience with MCW is they only want high value jobs and newish bike services (some of which they ship to bkk to service).. If presented with an older bike or fix it type diagnosis problems they dont seem interested (perhaps because they know its relatively expensive).

Noi is as close as I came to decent as Scotty is not currently working as far as I know. Scotty is superb for mechanical / engineering issues if you have lots of time. Dont think detail / electrical work would make him happy and he likes twin / cruisers more than 4 pot sportbikes. Top fella and 100% honest to consult an issue even if he wont do it.