Pagead2.googlesyndication.com

Highwayman

For a couple of weeks now l've had problems with page loading of Thai Visa. Many times if l look at the status bar in my browser (Firefox) it shows around 90% of the page loading quickly but it then hangs for up to a minute, sometimes longer, before the contents of posts are displayed. According to the status bar the bottle neck is pagead2.googlesyndication. :o

Any idea why this would be so? :D

Google itself is usually one of the fastest loading pages on the internet so l'm surprised that this is where my problem lies. I'm sure that this must be the cause of the slow page loading as when l ammended my hosts file the problem instantly disappeared and pages now load as quicky as you would expect on an ADSL connection.

Edited by Highwayman

Alot of it's geographic. Being close to the server here I never have a problem with any of the main pages or ads, but the counter (located in Thailand) was taking a lond time to load. Have you noticed google ads taking longer to load on any other sites, or just this one?

cv

It's only been noticably bad on this site. Is pagead2.googlesyndication behind the adverts on the right of the page? Even with a change to my hosts file l can still see them (not a concern btw) but the page now loads quickly without hanging most of the time.

You can edit this comment if you need to, but a thread on the computer section mentions Ad-Muncher which certainly speeds loading of just about all websites, including TV. :o