Non Immigrant "O" (Thai Wife) Savannakhet, Laos

Just curious if anybody has got any recent reports about getting a Multi Entry Non Imm "O" from Savannakhet Lao.

And what banking information they want to see. I dont have a Thai Bank account, just my american one. Can I just print out a 90 day statement showing a salary of more than 40,000 per month? Also, Marriage cert, Wife tabien bahn, Letter from wife, anything im missing here? This is the first time I will be applying for this visa as im newly married.

And I apologise if this has been asked before, and I tried the search function, but, im offshore now and for some reason explorer keeps crashing everytime I try to search.

Thanks in advance

Well that pretty much sums it up right there...

Another quick question, if I go to Savannakhet and get a single entry non imm o, stay in thailand for a month, then before I go back offshore I can go to my nearest immigration office and apply for an extention of stay with multiple re-entry permit?

Thanks for the fast response.

A single entry will however do. With proof of an income of 40,000 a month you can get yearly extensions of stay from immigration. Income within Thailand is proven with tax documents, income from abroad with a letter from your embassy. As an American you have to visit the Embassy or consulate and make a sworn affidavit.

On what kind visa did you enter? You might be able to do an extension now, without leaving the country.

In most cases extension of stay will not work for marriage when person is working outside Thailand as application is normally not accepted until the last 30 days of the 90 day permitted to stay, and you must be in the country to receive final approval and that can be 30 days or more after application. Much better to use multi entry non immigrant O visa in my view.

In most cases extension of stay will not work for marriage when person is working outside Thailand as application is normally not accepted until the last 30 days of the 90 day permitted to stay, and you must be in the country to receive final approval and that can be 30 days or more after application. Much better to use multi entry non immigrant O visa in my view.

I didn't see the latest post by the OP and agree with Lopburi. The multiple non-O would be a lot easier.

This is something that I definately needed to know. Ok so multi entry non imm o will be the best bet unless I will be seeing an extended time off near the last 30 days of the visa.

Thanks man!

• 9 months later...

Tuesday this week I submittet my application for an Non-imm "O" multiple entry at the consulate in Savannakhet. They did not require any bank- / income proof. I gave them copies of my wifes and my own passport, our marriage sert, our daughters birth sert, my wifes ID-card and the blue book. Wednesday I collected my passport with the multiple entry visa. No problems at all. We stayed at Nongsoda guest house (500 bth), but I think it`s more correct to call that place a shit house. I will never stay there again, because it was so dirty that I could not take a shower there. Anyway I got my visa rolleyes.gifWPFflags.gif

• 2 months later...

As far as today Savanakhet is still the best place to get Non immigrant O visa ?

Only marriage certificate and ID card is required, even for a multiple entry ?

If they refuse for any reason, is it possible to get a 60 days extension (base on marriage) on an ARRIVAL stamp (15 days or 1 month) when back to Thailand ?

Thank you so much.