Academy Fantasia

petedk

There has been so much written in the press about Thai kids spending too much time in Internet cafes and playing computer games and having no interests but what about Academy Fantasia?

For those who don't know, this is a 24 hour reality program from UBC about a group of kids trying to compete in some kind of talent contest. (Sorry I don't know the full details but I find it so boring).

Anyway my wife sits glued to this tv program 1 or 2 hours every evening and maybe up to 8 hours or even more on Saturday and Sundays. She'll sit and watch for hours while they get up, get dressed, have breakfast and so on. Her whole life revolves around this program now and she has virtually no interest on whats going on around the world and it's becoming impossible to talk to her about anything else.

All her friends are in the same situation and they all call each other several times a day to discuss this program. They also spend a fortune sending SMS messages to the show. She and her friends are obsessed with Academy Fantasia.

In my opinion she is almost addicted to the program in the same way that people are addicted to drugs.

Do you others have the same problem?

I forgot to mention that she isn't a young teenager but a woman in her late 40's.

I'll end my groans here and pop out for a couple of beers. She won't even know I'm gone.!!!!!!

There has been so much written in the press about Thai kids spending too much time in Internet cafes and playing computer games and having no interests but what about Academy Fantasia?

For those who don't know, this is a 24 hour reality program from UBC about a group of kids trying to compete in some kind of talent contest. (Sorry I don't know the full details but I find it so boring).

Anyway my wife sits glued to this tv program 1 or 2 hours every evening and maybe up to 8 hours or even more on Saturday and Sundays. She'll sit and watch for hours while they get up, get dressed, have breakfast and so on. Her whole life revolves around this program now and she has virtually no interest on whats going on around the world and it's becoming impossible to talk to her about anything else.

All her friends are in the same situation and they all call each other several times a day to discuss this program. They also spend a fortune sending SMS messages to the show. She and her friends are obsessed with Academy Fantasia.

In my opinion she is almost addicted to the program in the same way that people are addicted to drugs.

Do you others have the same problem?

I forgot to mention that she isn't a young teenager but a woman in her late 40's.

I'll end my groans here and pop out for a couple of beers. She won't even know I'm gone.!!!!!!

There is a topic about gambling.

Now, my second most hated thing - TV.

I don't even own one, haven't watched the thing for 15 years.

At my BKK home there is a TV set, never seen it turned on when I am there, 5 years now.

Over the web cam 24x7 I made sure the baby is not watching TV. Only when the girl is sleeping, the mother can have a peek. Whatever time she spends watchng the box, it's less than entire day and does not damage the baby.