Video: Life In Chiang Mai

richard10365

Why was Phuket and Krabi areas shown this has nothing to do with Chiang Mai.:whistling:

Because the ad is aimed at students overseas who may want to come to Chiang Mai. Once in Chiang Mai, the Andaman coast is a $50 dollar flight away. Note that also places in neighbouring countries were shown including Angkhor Wat.

Agreed, very nicely done.

Also encouraging they're showing so many women, given the up-hill struggle Farang women tend to face in order to feel somewhat in place in Thailand.

Very positive video. AIthough i think shouId have shown more maIe students aIso, and a bit more of an internationaI mix (seemed to be mainIy Americans).

Have to say though, as a Farang woman, havent feIt any up-hiII struggIe. Took to ThaiIand Iike a fish to water. Other Farang expat women aIso seem to have positive experiences. Im not sure why its an idea amongst some men that we are having some kind of difficuIt time here..but maybe some women are..? Not meaning that as any kind of dig CheGuava, not in the Ieast! Was a nice observation. =)

Also encouraging they're showing so many women, given the up-hill struggle Farang women tend to face in order to feel somewhat in place in Thailand.

Then you might be interested to know the woman from Payap has been an ex-pat, actually I think she may be a Thai citizen, for over 30 years and is perhaps more "in place" in more levels of Thai society than anyone I have known posting on Thai Visa.

Then you might be interested to know the woman from Payap has been an ex-pat, actually I think she may be a Thai citizen, for over 30 years and is perhaps more "in place" in more levels of Thai society than anyone I have known posting on Thai Visa.

There are quite a few Payap foreign men and women that are deeply involved in different aspects of life in Chiang Mai. Payap's history actually goes back about a 123 years ago when, in 1888, it started a theological seminary. Then in 1923 the McCormick Hospital School of Nursing was established.

In 1960 Payap began to offer the "7 year" bachelors of divinity degree course. Prior to 1960, high school diplomas were not needed to study in the bachelors degree courses. Perhaps that's why it took 7 years to get a bachelors degree. However, these degrees were not yet recognized by the Royal Thai Government.

Just a side note, Chiang Mai University Started in 1964. That's about 76 years after Payap started.

The Royal Proclamation of the Private Colleges Act of 1969 opened the door for Payap to become fully accredited. Payap College received accreditation on 21 March 1974, and became the first private college in Thailand outside of greater Bangkok. In 1984 it became the first fully accredited private university in Thailand.

The international college started to teach programs in English 2003.

Point being, with Payap's long history, it is easy to see how deeply involved some of the foreign men and women of Payap can be in the Chiang Mai community.

Edited by richard10365

• 2 weeks later...