Neighbors Prevent Suicide Attempt Of American Resident In North Pattaya

Rimmer

Neighbors prevent suicide attempt of American Resident in North Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- An American ex-soldier, living in a village in North Pattaya was rescued by friends who prevented him from taking his own life on Saturday afternoon. Police and Rescue Services were called to the location and were told that Mr. Charles Wayne Shehane aged 55 from USA was on the second floor of his house and had already attempted to hang himself. It was revealed that on 15th July 2010 his Thai Wife committed suicide in the house by shooting herself in the head.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

That's good news that he has neighbors who care. I do fear his psychological reaction when he gets the hospital bill though.

Also, the news link publishing a picture of this man's passport ID details is very offensive and a disgusting invasion of privacy. It's bad enough when they do that for deceased people; this has gone too far.

Edited by Jingthing

That's good news that he has neighbors who care. I do fear his psychological reaction when he gets the hospital bill though.

Also, the news link publishing a picture of this man's passport ID details is very offensive and a disgusting invasion of privacy. It's bad enough when they do that for deceased people; this has gone too far.

Yeh, your right. :bah:

Yes, agree especially given who the proprietor is, and his other job. :redcard2:

wonder if they (he) would have run this story it was a Brit?

Edited by Basil B

Sad on a number of levels, I'm dubious about his future care here as well I hope there is some family back home to notify and see about helping him out of here and getting more then just patronizing after care.. Also by getting him out here he won't have to endure the daily whispers and looks and can possibly allow him to heal...

Seems to me they were made for each other...both having death wishes. I say let him go at it...maybe he wants to be together again. Who are we to deny him?

Hmmmmm, if you have been in a situation, like l have, and other members here, the guy needs support and pointing in another direction.

Seems to me they were made for each other...both having death wishes. I say let him go at it...maybe he wants to be together again. Who are we to deny him?

Hmmmmm, if you have been in a situation, like l have, and other members here, the guy needs support and pointing in another direction.

Some people just want to be left alone to live (or end) their lives as they want...who are you or anyone else to judge. A couple months ago, there was a story in the Pattaya or Bangkok press about a new mother who rolled over and smothered her newborn baby...she later jumped out the hospital window/balcony because she didn't want the baby to be alone in the netherworld. For a Thai [and maybe some farangs] this is a reasonable belief so again I say...DON'T JUDGE OTHERS LEST YEE BE JUDGED!

Many people are curious what lies beyond the Veil of Maya and feel they have completed this existence and want to get on with exploring the beyond :o

Yes, agree especially given who the proprietor is, and his other job. :redcard2:

wonder if they (he) would have run this story it was a Brit?

That calls for more details, Basil.

"the guy's other job"??

What is the first job? and what the second??

Why did the police know of firearms being kept in this place??

Why did the guy try to hang himself instead of using one of these allegedly available firearms?

a very incomplete story.