Hillside 4 Studio - Looking To Buy

pmf113b

15th floor expect to pay 1.5-1.6m But you should not pay more than 1.5.

I think the 15th has its own private swimming pool amd are therefore a more rare commodity.

If you have a car, parking there can be dodgy and I have heard that internet connection can at times be a bit iffy, but a lot of TV members live there so it can't be bad. If you wanted to rent then it seems to be a flat(sorry) rate of 10.000B a month

Post in classifieds and if there are any available the sellers will find you!!

I hope you find what you are looking for

I must say I'd advise against mountain view - unless you like living in a microwave

Agreed.

When I first stayed in Chiang Mai lots of people said go for "Mountain View". I did, but soon changed and went for City view. It is cooler and means I can sit on the balcony in the afternoon and read or use a laptop.

On the City side, sometimes there is noise from the BBQ restaurant if someone is singing Happy Birthday etc, but it shuts at 10pm. The noise on the other side goes on much later - there is another thread already running about this.

Regards

I must say I'd advise against mountain view - unless you like living in a microwave

agreed a view is nice but a western exposure is like a room in a oven in the afternoons. Still if you don't mind the air con 24/7 and the utility bills don't bother you I say go for it.

<br>
<br>I must say I'd advise against mountain view - unless you like living in a microwave<br>
<br><br>or just buy some bamboo/wood sunshades like a lot of people have there. Makes a huge difference if the sun cannot hit the windows.<br>

Kind of makes the views redundant.

Go from a oven to a cave.

Like I said if high utility bills don't bother you go for it.

Edited by jayjay0

or just buy some bamboo/wood sunshades like a lot of people have there. Makes a huge difference if the sun cannot hit the windows.

Kind of makes the views redundant.

No they can just be rolled down during the afternoon sun and rolled up other times. Also just in a south west direction to catch the sun angle. 2/3rds of view is still available when they are down.

Hi,

We live in Chiang Mai for 6 months and looking to buy a condo. When we first started visiting Chiang Mai it was only for 2 or 3 months but we are not here for 6 months and feel that our own place would make more sense. We prefer the Huay Kaew end of the city.

Does anyone know what Karnkanok 3 condos are like ?? The area seems quite residential although still not far from anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Hi,

We live in Chiang Mai for 6 months and looking to buy a condo. When we first started visiting Chiang Mai it was only for 2 or 3 months but we are not here for 6 months and feel that our own place would make more sense. We prefer the Huay Kaew end of the city.

Does anyone know what Karnkanok 3 condos are like ?? The area seems quite residential although still not far from anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

When I used to rent a house in that area, I would drive past that condo building most days, it always looks deserted, not many cars or motorbikes in the car park. If there are few people staying there, then the management of the building will go downhill very quick, much like your investment......

Don't touch Karnkanok 5 (Baan Suan Greenery Hill). My house used to be round the corner, so I know how empty that place is. A Thai neighbour told me that less half of the condos had been sold.

Hi,

Many thanks in advance

When I used to rent a house in that area, I would drive past that condo building most days, it always looks deserted, not many cars or motorbikes in the car park. If there are few people staying there, then the management of the building will go downhill very quick, much like your investment......

Don't touch Karnkanok 5 (Baan Suan Greenery Hill). My house used to be round the corner, so I know how empty that place is. A Thai neighbour told me that less half of the condos had been sold.

Hi,

Many thanks for your advise.

We have visited Karnkanok 3 and we saw a few cars and motorbikes the receptionist informed us that only around 30% of people live there permanently, others only visit for maybe 2 or 3 months of the year.

We have also been to Karnkanok 5, they reckon they only have 5 left for sale, and these are all very large condos. They have sold completely out of their quota for foreigners so unless you buy a resale from another foreigner you cannot buy there. I think these are very expensive and the land around the area is going to be flooded with condo units within the next few years. Maybe there will be no mountain views in a couple of years time.!!

I think we are going to hold fire at the moment as it seems that the condo situation is flooded with new units and resales and they don't seem to have appreciated much in value over the years.

Maybe just better for us to rent as we are only in Chiang Mai for 5, maximum 6 months per year.

Thanks Paula

or just buy some bamboo/wood sunshades like a lot of people have there. Makes a huge difference if the sun cannot hit the windows.

helps yes.. but doesn't help the build up of heat that is let out at night time! the first condo i bought was mountain view - best advice - don't!!! I regularly fried - sit on the balcony during summer? forget it - keep the sunshades closed/ then what's the point? still good luck

^^ Seen them down Chiang Moi Rd, also Baan Tawai. No idea price. HomPro, and others, also have those modern, sunblock, waterproof ones that roll up tight.

but a lot of TV members live there so it can't be bad.

Well that's reason enough to not buy there then! :lol:

Hi there, heard something about the build quality at hillside, dont know the truth, but i have never wanted to buy there so never pursued the matter. I have been told that some time back the owners? were told to stop allowing people to put marble in the appartments as the structure might not be up to the task ! structural integrity? please, i dont know the truth about this problem and i dont want to say more, just be aware of what has been said to me! and look into it, if its okay then come back to the forum and make it public knowledge so we all know!

Concerned

Hi there, heard something about the build quality at hillside, dont know the truth, but i have never wanted to buy there so never pursued the matter. I have been told that some time back the owners? were told to stop allowing people to put marble in the appartments as the structure might not be up to the task ! structural integrity? please, i dont know the truth about this problem and i dont want to say more, just be aware of what has been said to me! and look into it, if its okay then come back to the forum and make it public knowledge so we all know!

Concerned

it's not about build quality at all - any sensible condo management would limit the load on the floors. Yes hillside has put a stop, sensibly, to owners putting marble now as it's so heavy. Condos that do not control this type of thing are FAR more worrying!

OP: I noticed a studio on the 14th floor (mountain view) has a huge sign on the door that says for rent... maybe they would sell if there was an offer? If you're interested I'll look up the number for you next time I walk past the door.