Warning * Chaweng Katoey Robbery Attempted Murder

A katoey in Chawaeng drugged my friend and followed him home. He she (it) forced herself into his hotel room, stole 4000 baht then raped him (or put something in his ass because he woke up with bleeding ass) and pushed him over the balcony. Lucky his 30 foot fall was absorbed partially by an aspestos roof. He woke up in hospital with damage to his legs, back, neck and ass.

He can remember being in a bar with the katoey and remembers feeling like he was stabbed in the leg, and assumes she injected him with a drug. He was drunk at the time. This is unusual as I only know of them putting something in your drink or possibly some kind of liquid that can be absorbesd topically. More worrying there may be hyperdermics involved.

I spoke to a lot of people and learned about a kind of "katoey mafia" that hang around 7-11 near Mango in Chaweng. Apparently they are waiting near the ATM there to see you enter your pin number - they might then follow you home or try and drug you to get your card.

Katoeys in Samui are really really bad news. dont even talk to them or make eye contact.

A katoey in Chawaeng drugged my friend and followed him home. He she (it) forced herself into his hotel room, stole 4000 baht then raped him (or put something in his ass because he woke up with bleeding ass) and pushed him over the balcony. Lucky his 30 foot fall was absorbed partially by an aspestos roof. He woke up in hospital with damage to his legs, back, neck and ass.

He can remember being in a bar with the katoey and remembers feeling like he was stabbed in the leg, and assumes she injected him with a drug. He was drunk at the time. This is unusual as I only know of them putting something in your drink or possibly some kind of liquid that can be absorbesd topically. More worrying there may be hyperdermics involved.

I spoke to a lot of people and learned about a kind of "katoey mafia" that hang around 7-11 near Mango in Chaweng. Apparently they are waiting near the ATM there to see you enter your pin number - they might then follow you home or try and drug you to get your card.

Katoeys in Samui are really really bad news. dont even talk to them or make eye contact.

No comment :o

There is a katoey problem in Chaweng. Has been that way for a while.

Recently one attacked a female friend of mine, then proceed to lie, in Thai, about the circumstances of the situation. Unlucky for it, there were farang Thai speakers around. Ran it off the island on the pain of a very serious beating.

Recently one attacked a female friend of mine, then proceed to lie, in Thai, about the circumstances of the situation. Unlucky for it, there were farang Thai speakers around. Ran it off the island on the pain of a very serious beating.

Evidently, there is also a falang problem there too........but I suspect valentino is too witless to appreciate the irony. Pathetic really.

Last time I holidayed there every night i would be followed along the street by Katoeys on motorci. They would call out " you wanna <deleted> me?"

and then proceed to lift up thier skirts to display their bits to me

:o:D

I was not amused

Evidently, there is also a falang problem there too........but I suspect valentino is too witless to appreciate the irony. Pathetic really.

My post was predominately about the Katoey problem on Samui. Problems with theft and the hassling of tourists are well documented.

Somehow this appears to have offended you. Is this because you have an affinity for Katoeys and a dislike for 'farangs'?

Do you feel that it is acceptable for a man(Katoey) to kick a woman in the back and then proceed to pull her hair and bang it against the ground in an unprovoked attack?

Yet you appear to condone such behaviour with your poor use of irony.

Witless and pathetic would be compliments for you and your kind.

Reminds me of a joke . WOuld you tell someone if you woke up and your ass hurts ? :D

The story is worrying me a little since I'll be there in a few days.

In fact Thaipwriter's post "Last time I holidayed there every night i would be followed along the street by Katoeys on motorci. They would call out " you wanna <deleted> me?"

and then proceed to lift up thier skirts to display their bits to me"

is exactly what happened with me a couple of months ago and I was just as unimpressed.

Why do they go one step further and resort to physical violence? Maybe they get aggressive/offensive verbal abuse from the farang in the first place? Don't know, but they pretty well piss me off too and next time it happens I'll just watch what I say to them...!!

Reminds me of a joke . WOuld you tell someone if you woke up and your ass hurts ? :D

Thats why i thought "no comment" would be the safest answer :D

Too many questions could be asked.

Thats why i thought "no comment" would be the safest answer :D

Too many questions could be asked.

I was on Phi Phi Island and they had a cabaret and i was just walking minding my own business and one was just a freak and started messing with me so i ignored it and went on my way . I had to come back the same way and it did the same thing this time i backed handed it like it was my ho.

spent a week or two in chewang in june and got mucho hassle from katoys at the 7/11 early in the morning (5-6am) but as i was starting my day and sober as apossed to ending it drunk i had no mager prob's. But sure is a problem. Just have to bewear. Also hope ur friend recovers. And remember not all Katoy's are bad, there are good and bad, falangs, thai's ladies, men, hetrosexuals, homosexuals, ect....... What people do makes them good or bad not what they are..

Rant over

Tripper :o

There are some real IDIOTs on this forum.

Being pushed off a balcony doesn't strike me as trivial.

Yet some think that this is a forum for their petty nonsense.

There IS a Katoey problem on Chaweng. Very few appreciate being accosted on their way home by these freaks.

It's not their existence that is the problem, it's the atrocious behaviour....

My post was predominately about the Katoey problem on Samui. Problems with theft and the hassling of tourists are well documented.

Somehow this appears to have offended you. Is this because you have an affinity for Katoeys and a dislike for 'farangs'?

Do you feel that it is acceptable for a man(Katoey) to kick a woman in the back and then proceed to pull her hair and bang it against the ground in an unprovoked attack?

Methinks my post has sailed right over your head.Not surprising really given the evident intellectual impairment under which you are so clearly labouring. Let me enlighten you, if that is possible.

The katoey in assaulting your friend committed a violent act which under the Thai penal code would have rendered her/him liable to prosecution. The proper course of action would be to report the incident to the authorities and let them deal with it accordingly. 'What, the boys in brown! Are you kidding?', I hear you cry.Well, if no satisfaction is to be obtained then civilized law abiding folk have, I suppose, several options available e.g.complain to the Governor,report it to the TAT,notify the appropriate Consular office or simply put it down to experience and avoid a repetition.Alternatively, the uncivilized and violent among us (evidently yourself) may choose to act in the brutish manner so vividly described in your post.Incidentally, how do you administer ' a very serious beating' as opposed to just a serious thrashing.Does one stop after one hears the bones breaking or is it a question of blood flow? You see, I am ignorant of these matters since I neither use violence nor do I condone it's use unless it is within the law.You on the other hand have no such qualms and, as a consequence, have more in common with that katoey than you might suppose.Hence the irony.OK? Get that do you?

How you can possibly speculate upon my sexual orientation and views on chivalry because of my original post remains a mystery to me.Is English your second language?

On matters katoey in Samui generally, I spent many an hour sitting on Teng Corner engaging in ribald, good natured banter without the slightest hint of trouble.Perhaps with its demise the chaps/chappesses have become rootless and rather more fractious as a result.Who can say, but on subsequent jaunts to Chaweng I have experienced no violence save observing the usual antics of the drunken, tattooed, beringed British flotsam that continues to infest the island.

There IS a Katoey problem on Chaweng. Very few appreciate being accosted on their way home by these freaks.

Correct there are some idiots on this forum - why don't you read your post again.

Methinks my post has sailed right over your head.Not surprising really given the evident intellectual impairment under which you are so clearly labouring. Let me enlighten you, if that is possible.

The katoey in assaulting your friend committed a violent act which under the Thai penal code would have rendered her/him liable to prosecution. The proper course of action would be to report the incident to the authorities and let them deal with it accordingly. 'What, the boys in brown! Are you kidding?', I hear you cry.Well, if no satisfaction is to be obtained then civilized law abiding folk have, I suppose, several options available e.g.complain to the Governor,report it to the TAT,notify the appropriate Consular office or simply put it down to experience and avoid a repetition.Alternatively, the uncivilized and violent among us (evidently yourself) may choose to act in the brutish manner so vividly described in your post.Incidentally, how do you administer ' a very serious beating' as opposed to just a serious thrashing.Does one stop after one hears the bones breaking or is it a question of blood flow? You see, I am ignorant of these matters since I neither use violence nor do I condone it's use unless it is within the law.You on the other hand have no such qualms and, as a consequence, have more in common with that katoey than you might suppose.Hence the irony.OK? Get that do you?

How you can possibly speculate upon my sexual orientation and views on chivalry because of my original post remains a mystery to me.Is English your second language?

On matters katoey in Samui generally, I spent many an hour sitting on Teng Corner engaging in ribald, good natured banter without the slightest hint of trouble.Perhaps with its demise the chaps/chappesses have become rootless and rather more fractious as a result.Who can say, but on subsequent jaunts to Chaweng I have experienced no violence save observing the usual antics of the drunken, tattooed, beringed British flotsam that continues to infest the island.

I'm glad that you took the trouble to write this.

I deliberately left out WHO would have administered the beating.

To make it easier for you, let's say it would have been an official beating.

The choice was given to leave the island or accept the other form of justice.

The next time you're not sure about something, ASK.

Correct there are some idiots on this forum - why don't you read your post again.

I'm missing your point. I'd like you to elaborate. Do you disagree with my use of the English language?

Second point; To reiterate it is not their existence(on Samui) that is the problem. It's the atrocious behaviour of some of them that spoils it for the rest.

Clear enough for you?

Again, the original post is a very serious matter. How about we keep to the point?

Freak:

A thing or occurrence that is markedly unusual or irregular:

An abnormally formed organism, especially a person or animal regarded as a curiosity or monstrosity.

A sudden capricious turn of mind; a whim: “The freaks of the psyche can no more be explained than the Devil” (Maurice Collis).

Slang.

A drug user or addict: a speed freak.

An eccentric or nonconformist person, especially a member of a counterculture.

An enthusiast: rock music freaks.

TOT, Police Department, Business onwers, Hotel operators and finally Governor of the area please take notice. My intended vacation for me and my entire familly, to this place of conversation has just been cancelled.

Hotel at 10 days 20,000 Baht

Meals 20,000 Baht

Transport 5,000 Baht

Entertainment 10,000 Baht

Misc expenditures 5,000 Baht

That is 60,000 Baht of lost revenue. How many lost family visits can you sustain before you will take action to provide a nice holiday locations, free from the threat of violence and harrassment? Nuff said!

I'm glad that you took the trouble to write this.

I deliberately left out WHO would have administered the beating.

To make it easier for you, let's say it would have been an official beating.

The choice was given to leave the island or accept the other form of justice.

The next time you're not sure about something, ASK.

Ah, an official beating.That makes it all right then, does it? I am sure the good burghers of Samui and tourists alike will be much reassured by your quaint notion of justice.Nevertheless, I am grateful to you for the admission that your first post was just so much macho posturing. Spurred on by your concluding exhortation, I do have one final question.What is that makes you such an oaf?

TOT, Police Department, Business onwers, Hotel operators and finally Governor of the area please take notice.  My intended vacation  for me and my entire familly, to this place of conversation has just been cancelled.

Hotel at 10 days  20,000 Baht

Meals                20,000 Baht

Transport            5,000 Baht

Entertainment    10,000 Baht

Misc expenditures 5,000 Baht

That is 60,000 Baht of lost revenue.  How many lost family visits can you sustain before you will take action to provide a nice holiday locations, free from the threat of violence and harrassment?  Nuff said!

Mouse samui is a lovely place, don't cancle ur hol there. Yes there are some problems but no more than anywhere else on this little planet. It's a good spot and there are lots of families. me and my gf had a great time there and very little hassel. Don't be consened adout all the above unless u intend to take ur wife and kids drinking around soi green mango late at night.

Tripper :o

This is a rare incident, and some people are blowing this out of proportion. Katoeys are a problem in many tourist areas, patong, pattaya, sukhumvit etc etc. I have been approached before sometimes quite aggreesivly and I find the best tactic is to tatally ignore them, say nothing, make no eye contact and walk on, same treatment as i give to tailors and other such touts.

It's a bit dramatic to cancel your holiday over this.

Having said that samui, pattaya, phuket and areas and Bangkok have problems with katoeys, as they do with taxi mafia and annoying tailors. The local police should start to take notice of tourists complaints and clear the streets of this rubbish or risk loosing more tourists.

1st they blamed it on SARS, then Bird flu, now Tsunami, what'll be the next excuse???? Southern violence I suppose.

I really hope some people high up who can pull strings read boards such as this, because if some of these issues are not sorted out, tourism in Thailand will be but a shade of what it has been.

I'm adding closing times of bars, clubs, and daytime drinking to this list, along with piss tests.

Tourists want to feel safe, protected and enjoy themselves.

Otherwise they'll be off to singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Vietnam etc etc.

I agree with Trip. If you have kids your going to head for a nice place on the beach and take the little guys on elephant rides and such. Cruising up and down Chawang is not likely going to be on the agenda.

When in a heavily crowded area that has a lot of bars there all kinds of bad folks out there and they come in all shapes, sizes and genders. It's too bad that someone got drunk enough to bring someone home from a bar and got beat up, but my guess is that if they had not been so drunk and had better wits about them, it might not have happened.

It's the chicken and the egg story... who came first the drunken fools who have lost their good judgement or the low life bottom feeders who lay and wait for them. :o

I for one, don't drink. I don't like the Katoeys trying to touch me or trying to follow me on their motorbikes.

There are more sex tourists are going to Samui. This unfortunately, attracts more prostitutes and ne'er do wells to the island.

I remember the times when people used to visit the island for it's natural beauty.

Now it seems that some can't do without dubious forms of entertainment.

The katoeys are well known for thier thievery and volatility.

I for one don't like someone threatening me when I refuse their advances and trying to touch me when I walk past in the street.

Of course I can handle the situation, but it is uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned girl was not able to handle the situation and was set upon by Katoeys.

Where in the world is it acceptable for a girl to be set upon by a group of men?

Do you know what the official punishment is for this crime? A 500 baht fine.

A 500 baht fine for an unprovoked beating of a girl on holiday in the street. Plus hours or days of holiday time wasted going to the police station.

If it wasn't so serious, it would be almost laughable to read some of the pseudo-intellectual clap-trap posted by certain characters.