Requests From Your (friends/family)

westybrook

How many people on here when they visit LOS, bring back certain things for friends or family? This could be either gifts or, specific items requested from friends and family everytime you visit?

Also does anyone bring back things to there country to sell? Either to strangers, friends or put on EBAY?

How many people on here when they visit LOS, bring back certain things for friends or family?  This could be either gifts or, specific items requested from friends and family everytime you visit?

Also does anyone bring back things to there country to sell?  Either to strangers, friends or put on EBAY?

My sisters in Australia like the look of Thai gold so I have taken back gold for them before also some cheaper gear for my mother to sell in her shop some friends wifes have asked for the hippy biker type jewlery as it is far cheaper here than Australia

Coming back from Australia I have asked some thai friends what they wanted from Aus and they replied a kangaroo so I got them some roo jerky which they loved and a 6ft stick of salamie or peperone which they really like

Also brought back a front forearm from a large Kangaroo which is great for frighting little kids and chasing them away when they are bugging you :o

Also does anyone bring back things to there country to sell?  Either to strangers, friends or put on EBAY?

Westbrook, you have already started two topics on what things to sell on ebay. Do we need another?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40734&hl=

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40636&hl=

A word of advice before you start another topic. If anyone is selling something that is making them a big profit on ebay they certainly aint dumb enough to advertise what they sell on here.

Numerous threads have been about selling on ebay, they all end the same way with not much advice given and no 'perfect products' being found.

We usually spend at least a month in Thailand when we're there. I usually bring back high quality Bencharong porcelain to sell. I get the highest return for the lowest cost on that. Sometimes I include other items like low cost multifunction calculators, clocks, hats, and whatever else I think will probably sell. I also keep all receipts and write a list of everything including the prices in case I'm asked for it. The total value is usually below the need to list it on the customs forms. But after I sell everything, often below the usual "retail" prices in Thailand, I end up making enough to at least pay for the cost of airfare for both my wife and I, and sometimes enough for all the expenses of the entire trip.

Everytime we go to Thailand, I'm always hunting for something new and different that has appeal to people in the US. I don't bother selling anything on EBay because I know enough interested parties as it is. Less hassle for me.

Edited by AmeriThai

yeah mi mates alwase ask for a Tai gurl, cos i tel them about it

they like one eech, and can pay a lot

so i say cum to barland and gettit yurself mate, like it is alwas like that innit

Quality post The Man another 490 like that and you/ll be able to do battle with Thomas Merton in Bedlam. :D

:o

so i say cum to barland and gettit yurself mate, like it is alwas like that innit

Quality post The Man another 490 like that and you/ll be able to do battle with Thomas Merton in Bedlam. :D

The Babel fish (Altavista) was unable to translate, can someone enlighten me as to the language in use :D

The Babel fish (Altavista) was unable to translate, can someone enlighten me as to the language in use :D

oh they say edicashun is a bootiful thing innit

also say that pomposness is a bit rattylike, and cant be stood for

o well, we all have to take it and leaf it

:D

oh they say edicashun is a bootiful thing innit

also say that pomposness is a bit rattylike, and cant be stood for

o well, we all have to take it and leaf it

:D:D

I shall always remember your "pearls of wisdom", even after you're dead and gone. ( always wondered what it would be like to have Ali G & Frank Bruno on Thai Visa.) :o

Well it seems we have a british intellectual among us now ...

looking forward to some thought provoking posts Sir