Australia Cancels Child-sex Suspect's Passport

george

Keep 'em coming! I am reading your feedback with great interest. Maybe we should start a daily newsletter instead (a news summary of all news that are related to expats and Thailand). Keep the ideas coming, even critisism welcomed.

An alternative idea could also be to just keep the news clippings as such means strictly informative without the possibility of comments (= bashing, whining, moaning etc.). Same system as applied to the commercial ads part. A newsletter would also surely serve this purpose.

No, it ain't censorship 'coz the general idea is to provide just objective news as provided by legitimate media and that's it. There are always opposite opinions on any headline and publication but most of those expressions do not contribute to the message or deepen the knowledge but rather express either appreciation or critisim and in most cases unfortunately not in a constructive context.

Hang'm high, tar and feather the bugger, government screwed up again, politicians are dicks etc. doesn't do anyone good particularly since those comments would not change a thing anyway but just seed confrontation and hatred as we just witnessed again.

Sincere people seek information rather than being audience to an useless bad mouth orchestra.

Cheers,

Richard

I have said it before and I will say it again,

George .... Do you only post bad things about Thailand ?

What has George posted that is bad about THAILAND, in this instance?

George has posted a news item about a particularly horrible crime, that is; about pedophilia .

In my opinion, George is doing the right thing by making people aware that the Thai government is getting deadly serious about tackling child sex, so that people

who consider Thailand as a venue for such activities get a clear message that

there'll be grave consequences resulting from their fetishes.

Isn't it kinda amazing that all recently reported child sex activities relate to men from:

- Australia

- Western Europe

- Canada

Wonder why the preponderance of the above geographical areas relevant to child sex crimes?

P.S : I don't expect a remotely sensible response from any the severely

"intellectually challenged" individuals who had attempted to flame me when I'd mentioned such correlations in prior posts on this topic.

What I'd love to see is the Thai, Philippine, Lao, and Cambodian governments profile potential child sex offenders and ban such individuals from entering their countries. These governments could act jointly on this matter.

Pedophiles should stay where they belong, that is ; in their countries of origin. Such individuals must not be allowed to desecrate any other country.

Isn't it kinda amazing that all recently reported  child sex activities relate to men from:

- Australia

- Western Europe

- Canada

Wonder why the preponderance of the above geographical areas relevant to child sex crimes?

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-30 12:50:49

Now, can anybody consider the number of child sex related offences in Thailand

over the past year and explain why Europeans / Australians, appear to outnumber

other nationalities in such activities?

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-29 11:47:33

As for the apparent fondness of certain Europeans for sex with kids, I've stated my views regarding this matter on another thread.

Getting caught for sex with children appears to ba a disease to which Europeans are especially prone. Wonder why?

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-26 18:47:24

I am referiing to farang pedophiles getting caught for their activities in LOS and the publicity surrounding such farang related preferances in LOS.

It might be distasteful to you, but pedophilia in LOS looks more and more like a farang disease.

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-26 18:19:18

What I'm trying to get across (apparently without much success) is the fact that all cases of pedophilia reported in Thailand, in recent times, involved farangs.

Is there something unique with farangs that makes them get caught while indulging in pedophilia?

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-26 12:09:14

Why the strong co-relation of pedophilia with farangs?

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-25 11:16:03

Is pedophilia a farang disease ??

Keep asking... if at first, second, third, fourth, fifth, six, or seventh...you don't succeed... try try again..

:o

figaro Posted on: 2005-08-25 11:16:03

Is pedophilia a farang disease ??

In the village I live, it is a man (Thai) how married an 11 year old girl, but it is ok because her parents sad its ok and they live together for the moment. So I think that some Thai man is in to Pedophilia too. They have lived together for two years, so she is 13 years old now. :o

Edited by Puma

1. Rule N1 - the bad news sells the newspapers. As an outstanding editor has been told: If for tomorrows edition there is no bad news for the first page - make one.

2. I share the opinion - if you do not want bad news - do not read them.

3. May be George must start "fun thaivisa" and "bad thaivisa? Than again will be dissatisfied people - "Why there is "bad thaivisa" because I love "fun thaivisa" - I saw the bad one accidentally and it spoilt my mood :o ???"

4. George makes 1000 USD monthly only from Google??? Hmmm... but he makes money from adds too! May be I should start my own page... And make my own business, and write whatever I want? :D Or I should stop visit Thaivisa to decrease his incomes :D

5. And... where is the connection between a supposed Ausie pedo and all postings up to here??? May be a new topic: "Should Thaivisa to publish bad news or it should be as a candyshop?"

Keep keeping us informed George. I didnt see this article as demeaning or bad news about Thailand either. If anything, its demeaning to Aussies, if they care to take it that way.

Look at the front page of today's BP or Nation. How much good news do you see there? If you want The Happy Times, maybe the PM has a website..........

Interesting that the common thread among all paedephiles is that they arent hurting the children. Thats how sick these people are. Michael Jackson never "hurt" any of the kids at Neverland, any molester on trial always has the same warped excuse.

These folks are scum. Pure 10% scum.

I am sure you mean 100% scum...

I totally agree that paedophiles deseve to be punished, as does anyone harming children.

I am a parent, and would happily kill, with my bare hands, anyone harming my children....BUT I seriously wonder what is going on in this story - as posted by another here - governments don't just cancel someones passport without extremely good reason...so there is a lot missing from whet we have been told.

As for the query about this being a disease peculiar to farang - utter rubbish! A very one-eyed view indeed.

If you had ever travelled anywhere in the sub-continent, the middle east, or anywhere else in Asia you would realise how false that concept is.

Paedophilia affects people worldwide, it is a mental problem not related nor limited to a particular ethnic group - in saying it this way, I feel that I almost sound as if I condone it - I most certainly do not, and nor would I consider protecting anyone partaking in it - it is a hateful and disgusting crime, but let us be certain about a persons guilt before we hang them - the Australian Government obviously must have a lot of information to which we are not privy.

Yes, keep the posts coming George. I read TV because it is a unique blend of both the country and culture and how it affects the foreigners living here. The follow-up posts are good indication of how expats perceive things in Thailand.

This article in particular (unless I missed something) is not bad about Thailand. It sounds bad about foreigners living here. I don't question what Thailand has done. I mean the girl has made an allegation against someone. The police arrest/charge him based on some kind of report. He goes to jail. He gets bailed out, waiting for a court hearing. How is that bad about Thailand. In this case, they did exactly what any Western court would do.

As for bail, most countries would bail someone in this predicament out. If he is guilty, it is basically a statutory crime (having to do with the age of the girl). It wasn't a violent crime to an unknown or unsuspecting victim--at least how it is being presented. Most people in this situation would get bail.

My concern is for the behavior of his home country. Cancelling a passport is a serious situation. It is generally based on some kind of previous guilty verdict. This is a matter of public record and should be available.

Of course, if the guy is impotent and had a vasectomy he has reasonable grounds to be found not guilty, although it should be remembered that even if he is not the father of the now deceased fetus, it doesn't mean he didn't commit a sexual crime against the girl.

This case may be one of the more interesting ones to follow.

It is commom knowledge that the "nations finest" would have difficulty in finding the door of the room that they are in, let alone the answer to some criminal activity.

It's not the type of news that is the pain in the butt, it's the constant whining/whingeing of the malcontents who write the messages that follow.

No matter what the news, you get the racist crap like the message above. Everything in Thailand ( according to this chorus of ninnies) is bad and, apparently everything back in EuroTrash Ville is great.

Yes, if you don't like the news, don't read it. If you don't like Thailand or Thais, then take your carping-self back to the paradise you left.

In a recent item about a German man who was killed in his home in Pattaya, his Thai wife's name and address were given, and in one of the messages that followed some Bozo hinted her fingerprints would be found on the knife.

"Publishing" that would be grounds for closing down this website and is a careless disregard for the rights and dignity of someone whose husband was just murdered...but of course she was Thai.

But then we get all this sobbing support for some pedophile who's white and obviously charged with something he couldn't have done...presumably because he's white and the police are Thai.

This is just a Good Old Boy network for redneck scum who have nothing better to do than make childish comments about Thais, the government, the PM and everything else in the country. Most of those passing judgement have probably never done anything in their lives which would qualify them to judge these people and are just bitter about culminating their useless lives in a foreign country.

Thailand has no more nor any less problems that any other country. If you know of some Eden without its faults, please go there and that all your negative comments with you.

I for one like receiving the good and the bad news.... so don't stop posting the news ......

I travel to and from the LOS frequently, and it is greatly appreciated when I hear about a possible problem.

Cordially,

Hunter

Maybe its just me but if I get a mail claiming "Breaking News" I dont really want to fight for the correct link through your endless advertising just to find yet another post that you have found in the local tabloids that gives Thailand yet another bad name ?

I guess I'm close to the ban list already

Maybe this is really the wrong place for me to post this and not the correct topic but this gets annoying when you click your link and end up here.

Apologies to anyone who has a response to this "News" My comments are totally unrelated to the content of this issue.

:D If there is a program that you do not want to watch on Television then you have the "off" button :o

Maybe if you do not want to read the "breaking news" from Thailand the just bin the email, alternatively unsubscribe :D No one is forcing anybody to receive nor read these emails. You could then just use the forum to read areas that you want to look at.

I for one look forward to my breaking news from Thailand emails. I live overseas I am very busy and would not otherwise see anything from Thailand. Well done George keep them coming :D

Listen, to me George for a moment. You have to balance the stories importance and news vs those who like such and vs those who do not like such stories.

In the past year George you have posted a lot of about murders and sex offenses on Thai Visa. Quite Frankly if I may say so without offending you, time to chill out on these subjects. It seems a lot is pointed to Australia, yet at same token Australia has taken a hard line towards these individuals.

Why not concentrate on the Toxin's agenda issues and perhaps we all can somehow link up to him and establish some kind of dialogue that would benefit us foreigners here in Thailand.

How about getting Channel 7 to start cracking down on the Customs Department here, since so many are literally on the take even Shipping Containers here disappear either after its arrival or before its departure. Just recently a container having nothing but Tennis Balls bound for India disappeared at the docks and it is worth over 400,000 Baht. I have this news as direct as it can be, and Customs is denying a lot to the Police.

How about another subject " Why is Pantip Plaza continuining to sell illegal CD's, DVD's, scanners, computers, printers, and illegal programs that have been cracked. Seems this country does not want to take them out, cause the police are on the take and of course it leads up the ladder towards his office!!!!!!!!!!

We have other news that should be pushed and discussed here. How about foreigners having a tough time getting around here, not to mention these Thai people find ways to clean them out or scam them or use so much deception that they literally get away with it.

Try benefitting us foreigners for a change George. It might do some good for your web site.

Now one other thing concerning the accused. If he proves correct that he did have a vasectomy, and also that he is sterile and cannot get another woman pregnant, and that such points to before this woman got pregnant, the Thai police will be embarrassed enough finding this out, you can bet they will go after the woman who made false claims and charges, and she will be looked down upon and will do some time on it.

Thai's don't like to lose face but sometimes things do go wrong, and if proven that they are wrong, they will try their best to correct such situation and hopefully repair some of the damage done to the falsely accused.

If this person is found not guilty or such charges dropped, you can bet the Australian Embassy and its Government has a lot of explaining to tell their citizen, plus they too will be facing a huge lawsuit for violating their own citizens basic rights.

My two cents in.

Listen, to me George for a moment.  You have to balance the stories importance and news vs those who like such and vs those who do not like such stories.

In the past year George you have posted a lot of about murders and sex offenses on Thai Visa.  Quite Frankly if I may say so without offending you, time to chill out on these subjects.  It seems a lot is pointed to Australia, yet at same token Australia has taken a hard line towards these individuals.

Why not concentrate on the Toxin's agenda issues and perhaps we all can somehow link up to him and establish some kind of dialogue that would benefit us foreigners here in Thailand. 

How about getting Channel 7 to start cracking down on the Customs Department here, since so many are literally on the take even Shipping Containers here disappear either after its arrival or before its departure.  Just recently a container having nothing but Tennis Balls bound for India disappeared at the docks and it is worth over 400,000 Baht.  I have this news as direct as it can be, and Customs is denying a lot to the Police.

How about another subject    " Why is Pantip Plaza continuining to sell illegal CD's, DVD's, scanners, computers, printers, and illegal programs that have been cracked.  Seems this country does not want to take them out, cause the police are on the take and of course it leads up the ladder towards his office!!!!!!!!!!

We have other news that should be pushed and discussed here.  How about foreigners having a tough time getting around here, not to mention these Thai people find ways to clean them out or scam them or use so much deception that they literally get away with it.

Try benefitting us foreigners for a change George.  It might do some good for your web site.

:D Where you are? Waukegan, Illinois? Make there a page for the PM, Pantip etc. You'll be safe. And it seems you've been on Thai customs "exam"? Write it your expierence down somewhere. And continiue to buy legal CD. :D

No, it was shipped out from Big C Store, and all the contracts were signed and it being a done deal. The store Big C would be getting paid once those Tennis Balls got on the ship, and Big C does have the all the papers showing such was loaded, and driven to the docks via the container truck, and such was signed in as entered and sent to the ship area where it would board pending Customs Clearance. Well that container then disappeared and never got put on the ship. Duties and taxes were paid to Customs.

So figure that out. Someone in Customs is pissed off cause they never got their share of the take.

Edited by DaveYo

Customs won't let the police enter inside to check their docks and warehouse section, yet this same container never left the dock because such would have to be recorded. Also the container is owned by a foreign company outside of Thailand and they too are asking where their container is at.

This time Customs got caught!!!!!!! Only problem is the Police cannot get anything executed legally because Customs is keeping them out.

These folks are scum. Pure 10% scum.

I am sure you mean 100% scum...

I totally agree that paedophiles deseve to be punished, as does anyone harming children.

I am a parent, and would happily kill, with my bare hands, anyone harming my children....BUT I seriously wonder what is going on in this story - as posted by another here - governments don't just cancel someones passport without extremely good reason...so there is a lot missing from whet we have been told.

As for the query about this being a disease peculiar to farang - utter rubbish! A very one-eyed view indeed.

If you had ever travelled anywhere in the sub-continent, the middle east, or anywhere else in Asia you would realise how false that concept is.

Paedophilia affects people worldwide, it is a mental problem not related nor limited to a particular ethnic group - in saying it this way, I feel that I almost sound as if I condone it - I most certainly do not, and nor would I consider protecting anyone partaking in it - it is a hateful and disgusting crime, but let us be certain about a persons guilt before we hang them - the Australian Government obviously must have a lot of information to which we are not privy.

George's article mentions some videos that were sent back for "investigation". The Australian Government should have already been in contact with the relevant Police Force in Australia to verify this claim. If they could not confirm his statement the Embassy would be justified in cancelling his passport to prevent him fleeing from justice.

He will receive support as an Australian citizen but I would be surprised if that extended to covering up any crime. For good or bad the Aussie Embassy offer little help if you face criminal charges.

His "defense" of having a vasectomy is not reliable as a means of not being the father of the deceased baby, as there's at least a 15% failure rate for vasectomies in preventing pregnancies. A simple sperm count lab test would prove/disprove his contention. His "defense" of being impotent is not reliable either as a means of not raping the girl. Simply taking a small blue pill call "V..." will enable him to perform the deed. Even if he is not proven to be the father through DNA testing is also not proof that he has raped the girl.

Is he guilty? Clearly we don't know yet... but his "defense" has many holes in it.

I disagree with the criticism. I think it is important for such articles to be posted. Thailand is a unique country and I've been many times. It is also known somewhat for its unusual happenings such as policemen gunning down tourist and the Thai governments execution of drug dealers. It's also known as a haven for those seeking children for sex, also Cambodia but they get there via Thailand.

I need only point to my childhood rock star icon Gary Glitter as a prime example. These stories need to get out.

- to let people know that the police do charge people when they catch them

- to get the names of such people out in the public eye and back to their home countries

- to educate people that even in Thailand sex with a minor is not acceptable

I sat in a swank Bangkok hotel recently with my Thai wife of six year and our daughter. The table next was soon occupied by some old fart with his 14 or 15 year old toy boy. The old fart got on the phone and shared how he was having breakfast after a lovely night with a young boy he had picked up at the night market. Through listening to the conversation a little more it was revealed that the man was a teacher back home in New York. I wanted so bad to just get up and kick the living crap out of him. Only the fact that I was in a foreign country deterred me, although clearly it didn't deter him.

I enjoy my emails from Thai Visa and the one that brought me here had just a couple of other links, four to be exact, that were all subdomians of Thai Visa which help generate revenue. You guys have no idea how much work is involved in running a succesful web site. You just come here and use it. Who cares if the pages have a few relevant ads on the side. I don't even notice them any more.

Quit your complaining or go start your own forum.

Think you protest to much. You also appear to be homophobic. If "the old fart" had been sitting next to a girl younger than himself would you have been feeling the same hate, me thinks not. Get a life

@#$% off back to your little fag section @#$% sick poo jabing C@#T

I was right about you. A person who has no problem about his sexuality doesnt get all hot and bothered about other peoples sexual preferences.So you must have a problem in yourself. Closet gay are you ???.Go see a shrink,. boy you need one you homophobic sicko

I disagree with the criticism. I think it is important for such articles to be posted. Thailand is a unique country and I've been many times. It is also known somewhat for its unusual happenings such as policemen gunning down tourist and the Thai governments execution of drug dealers. It's also known as a haven for those seeking children for sex, also Cambodia but they get there via Thailand.

I need only point to my childhood rock star icon Gary Glitter as a prime example. These stories need to get out.

- to let people know that the police do charge people when they catch them

- to get the names of such people out in the public eye and back to their home countries

- to educate people that even in Thailand sex with a minor is not acceptable

I sat in a swank Bangkok hotel recently with my Thai wife of six year and our daughter. The table next was soon occupied by some old fart with his 14 or 15 year old toy boy. The old fart got on the phone and shared how he was having breakfast after a lovely night with a young boy he had picked up at the night market. Through listening to the conversation a little more it was revealed that the man was a teacher back home in New York. I wanted so bad to just get up and kick the living crap out of him. Only the fact that I was in a foreign country deterred me, although clearly it didn't deter him.

I enjoy my emails from Thai Visa and the one that brought me here had just a couple of other links, four to be exact, that were all subdomians of Thai Visa which help generate revenue. You guys have no idea how much work is involved in running a succesful web site. You just come here and use it. Who cares if the pages have a few relevant ads on the side. I don't even notice them any more.

Quit your complaining or go start your own forum.

Think you protest to much. You also appear to be homophobic. If "the old fart" had been sitting next to a girl younger than himself would you have been feeling the same hate, me thinks not. Get a life

Now I'm a homophobic? What the f*#k is that? Of course I would have been just as offended if the guy had been sitting with a young gal. You see that all the time and yes I'm offended by that too.

I'll tell you a story. Through a news story we did at work it became knwn to most people that I go to Thailand regularly. I was stopped by an old guy one day on the street who said he goes too. We started to share stories and after about twenty minutes he says that last time he was in Thailand he ran into some trouble. He said that he was accused of being a pedophile. I asked why and he rambled about some young gal he was seeing and how she got pissed off at him and her family called the local cops who ran him out of town.

I asked how old she was and he said 16. This guy was at least 50. So I looked him right in the eye and told him that I thought he was exploiting children for his sexual pleasure. He said she was willing but I pointed out that she may be forced into such behaviour by economics. I then basically told him stright out that the whole situation just disgusted me and I would be appreciate if he would just f8#k off and never talk to me again.

I'm no angel and in my younger days I've been to a lot of places and seen a lot of things but this stuff doesn't sit well with me at all. Why do these 60 year old guys think that some young gal would fall in love with them? Couldn't be for money? It's just not right.

Edited by eng911

I have said it before and I will say it again,

George .... Do you only post bad things about Thailand ? You seem to have this thing where you only post "New News" about anything that you can find in the press that is really bad against Thailand,

It would be really nice for once if these e-mails that you send to members actually contained something positive instead of the usual rubbish ! Do you only read about the bad stuff ?

I'm sure that I am not the only person who feels this but every post that you make seems to be something that you have found in the press that is a negative post for Thailand ?

Correct me if I am wrong but this does always seem to be the content of the Thai Visa e-mails .... Someone has died, Someone has been arrested, Someone killed someone, Someone stole something ?

Sorry for being cynical but does this not this happen all over the world without an e-mail claiming "Breaking News" lol, That is of course if you can find the link to the forum amidst the huge amount of adverts that you seem to include with every e-mail.

Maybe its just me but if I get a mail claiming "Breaking News" I dont really want to fight for the correct link through your endless advertising just to find yet another post that you have found in the local tabloids that gives Thailand yet another bad name ?

I guess I'm close to the ban list already

Maybe this is really the wrong place for me to post this and not the correct topic but this gets annoying when you click your link and end up here.

Apologies to anyone who has a response to this "News" My comments are totally unrelated to the content of this issue.

Personally i like the fact that George posts negative things as i find it important to do away with the illusion of Thailand being Pradise! it is my favourite country in the world and the world, I love the Thai people more than i love any other race including my own, but the mainstream Thai News that we farang normally get to see or hear is usually censored to prevent foreign onlookers from realizing the truth about Thailand.. So often i hear farang Tourists comment how nice the Thai Culture is for the fact that you never see people arguing and fighting in the street like you do at home..i always reply YES thats because at home when you give someone verbal abuse they argue or its "Fisticuffs" but the reason you never see it here is the fact that if you offend someone you die staright away with a machete or bullet in your head. This is not an understatement this happens a lot..Thailand and its culture is the most amazing thing in the world for me, but it has its bad side and this should not be covered up.

keep on posting george!

Ps hear about the Mother and grandma in KLanjanaburi who sacrificed her own 12 year old daughter to the god Indra a few months back? it was in Thai Rat News! Nice people huh? :o

Edited by spencerdharmagrafix