Lifan 200 Modified

hougourou

Greetings,

I just saw this Lifan cross 200 modified with smaller wheels (18 front and 15 rear) at the Chiang Mai dealer. The tires are also not the knobby type. I sat on it and it feels much more stable for this 5-10 inch body than the stock 18 rear 21 front wheels. Could anyone please offer their thoughts on how this modification would effect performance? Does a smaller rear wheel mean more torque and less speed?

Thank you.

post-90174-0-91937800-1298783577_thumb.j

It will make it slightly more torquey and top speed will suffer a bit. Obviously cornering on dry pavement will improve. And unless compensated, the speedo will show slightly faster than actual, also making the odometer inaccurate.

Aesthetically, I have to say the difference in tire sizes is just awful looking.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Yes, looks good :thumbsup:

A little bit OT:

Last week I visited the Lifan factory building in "Amata City Rayong", where they assemble the Lifan Bikes.

There i saw some nice, big Scooter named "E-space" (probably 150 cc, rear Disc Brake etc, and bigger than the Honda PCX). But nobody

could tell me something about pricing and availability. Anyone know more Details?

Yes, looks good :thumbsup:

A little bit OT:

Last week I visited the Lifan factory building in "Amata City Rayong", where they assemble the Lifan Bikes.

There i saw some nice, big Scooter named "E-space" (probably 150 cc, rear Disc Brake etc, and bigger than the Honda PCX). But nobody

could tell me something about pricing and availability. Anyone know more Details?

Apparently it is a clone (polite) or copy (realistic) of the Yamaha X-Max 125. Looks OK but it is 50kgs heavier than PCX. Might suit bigger riders though. Granny windscreen might not endear it to younger riders, although may help top speed.

0804079528.jpg

30857_0_1_2_x-max%20125_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

Edited by VocalNeal

It will make it slightly more torquey and top speed will suffer a bit. Obviously cornering on dry pavement will improve. And unless compensated, the speedo will show slightly faster than actual, also making the odometer inaccurate.

Aesthetically, I have to say the difference in tire sizes is just awful looking.

Thanks for your ideas. The front tire in the photo attached is flat--could that be what causes it to appear odd to you?

Thanks for your ideas. The front tire in the photo attached is flat--could that be what causes it to appear odd to you?

I agree, the front tire looks awful! A little wider would make it better.

Anyone else notice the price tag? B51,000.

Edited by RED21

Does anybody know a Lifan dealer in/around Pattaya?

I know the Lifan Factory, 30 KM outside from Pattaya, but you can't buy directly from them.

Must order from BKK head office, where nobody speaks English. To much complicated...

The factory staff also told me some "strange" prices (51K for the standard model). Maybe they are only uninformed..who knows ^_^

Edited by roban

Yeah I noticed that. That's not it. The rear just looks way to wide compared to the front.