Wife Managed To Get B12,400 From Atm Today

If she's using a UK credit card then the limit is the UK limit which is most likely 250 pounds so 12 000 is about right.

True, but I haven't been able to withdraw any more than B10,000 for at least 18 months or so, despite having more than that in my account...

What limit are you talking about?

The B10,000 foreign bank account withdrawal limit that I've been subject to for a couple of years now, and so have many others :unsure:

Is this A Halifax thing or Krung Thai ?

I can pull 20k per day from my Aussie cards without issue.

Well the rate has changed slightly so if you've been trying to get out 12000 and that's been slighly off then maybe you could have taken out 11800 but only tried the next obvious one down which was 10000. I know I've used a UK card recently and what I tried was 15, 14, 13, 12 until it allowed the transaction.

I don't know personally what the Halifax limit is but I'm guessing it's 250. It could be something different.

I know with my Thai ATM card I can take out 20 000 at a time and up to 200 000 a day.

The B10,000 foreign bank account withdrawal limit that I've been subject to for a couple of years now, and so have many others :unsure:

Maybe your bank limit? I have a U.S. Debit Card and was withdrawing 16K-18K Baht on a regular basis.

Maybe your bank limit? I have a U.S. Debit Card and was withdrawing 16K-18K Baht on a regular basis.

Bank limit hasn't changed, perhaps it was what withnail suggested, I've always tried to get out the maximum possible though, even if it was an extra B100, seems nobody else shares my experience though! :huh:

Correct

Most Thai ATM's have a 20,000 THB per transaction limit

Bangkok Bank ATM has a 25,000 THB per transaction limit

Aeon has a 40,000 THB per transaction limit ( I think, since I have only been limited by my US Bank ($1,000 per day limit) in conjunction with the dollar / Baht rate)

There are several items to consider here:

1. The first is the number of bills the ATM machine can dispense. Most of our ATMs are 20 bills, but some as Langsuan man said are 25
  2. The next is the largest currency demonination available in the ATM. Most of the time this is 1,000 Baht bills so on a 20 bill ATM it would be 20,000, but at busy times this may be 500 Baht or even 100 Baht bills, until we come to fill the ATM up. So you may end up with only 10,000 THB (20 x 500) or even in some case 2,000 (20 x 100)
  3. The next as stated is the limit set by your ATM issuer. In the West this tends to be quite low as the cash usage is limited. This is a per day and per transaction limit. With Bangkok Bank ATM cards it can be up to 500,000 THB per day
  4. The next is the exchange rate which will determine the amount of THB per withdrawal (combined with the per transaction limit)
  5. And the last is the amount of money that you have in your account :jap:

Enjoy!!

Ian

Edited by ianguygil

Same Same here, I think your right, that card just has a different limit.