Transit At Kl'S Lcct

my family and l (1 Aus and 3 Thai) are flying BK to KL early April,, with the help of AirAsia ,,,we have a 5 hour wait there to continue on to Aus ,,,, do we need any kind of visa to just sit and wait ?? ,the last time was just a change of terminal(with Malayasia Air, or whatever they call themselves ), but l heard things have changed ,,,, l just want to be sure all is OK ,,,

thanks for any help

cheers

ljerams and Lop ,, thanks for the replies ,,,, we arrive at and depart from the LCCT at KL ,, l just read something on the Airasia website about the changes for visas to Malayasia ,, l couldn't quite comprehend what it meant ,, so if thats not a problem ,, the only one l have left is the Aus visas for the family

again ,, thanks for that guys

cheers

Slightly OT but the Oz Embassy in Bangkok may want to individually interview each Thai member of your family if they are Adults. Hence take as much documentation as you can to show them including photos. My wife to be at that time when she applied was OK'd and it helped with the issue of a UK Visa later on. I remember the original Brit Embassy comment to her. "Oh, I see that you have already been to Australia"

Slightly OT but the Oz Embassy in Bangkok may want to individually interview each Thai member of your family if they are Adults. Hence take as much documentation as you can to show them including photos. My wife to be at that time when she applied was OK'd and it helped with the issue of a UK Visa later on. I remember the original Brit Embassy comment to her. "Oh, I see that you have already been to Australia"

My wife was in Aus 5 years ago ,, no problems with a visa then ,, this time we thought the kids (9&11) might like to go ,, l dont envisage any problems with the visas ,, but having said that ,,, one never knows ,,, we are weighed down with the paper work and l think all bases are covered ,,, but thanks for the info ljerams

cheers

Cheers. Just trying to cross all the tees for you.

Interestingly, the Oz Embassy wouldn't allow me to be present at my wifes interview but the British Embassy was OK. On both occasions we had yet to marry.

I imagine your Oz visas should be easy.

Edited by ljerams

Cheers. Just trying to cross all the tees for you.

Interestingly, the Oz Embassy wouldn't allow me to be present at my wifes interview but the British Embassy was OK. On both occasions we had yet to marry.

I imagine your Oz visas should be easy.

l hope you are right about it being easy , l tend to agree , ,,strange about the interview ,,,,, the first trip ,, my wife was not even interviewed also we were not married (legally) at the time ,,, she works for the government and has some pretty good references ,, that helped ,,,, but each time is different ,, its in the hands of the gods ,, or at least the people that think they are

cheers mate ,, every bit helps

AirAsia in KL uses the LCCT (LowCost Carrier Terminal). The LCCT has a minimum of services and waiting room space so it will be a bit of a drag. Good place for food is the large food court mainly used by airport employees. It is outside the terminal, right by where the buses for downtown depart. Better food choices and prices than inside the terminal.

Keeniau96 and Thaiphoon , thanks to both of you ,, 2 more problems solved ,, I appreciate it heaps guys ,, this could be a big experience for us ,, have never flown with a low cost airline before,,,, it looks like a good book will come in very handy this time

cheers

Note that Air Asia is a point to point carrier, so if using for second leg would need to collect luggage in KL and then check-in for second flight.

Airasia now has Full check through service for certain routes.Bkk to Aust is one of these. http://www.airasia.c.../tf_intro.page?

"Our new FLY-THRU service makes things easier for you!

Now you can conveniently connect between 2 different flights via transfer hall, with a minimum connection time of 90 minutes!

What our FLY-THRU service brings you.

NO TRANSIT VISA

No immigration queue and exemption of airport tax at transit hub.

(Applicable only for a maximum stop-over of 6-hours in Malaysia. Click here for more details)

QUICK TRANSIT

Check-in at the transfer hall to your connecting flight. Free flight move to the next flight if first flight is delayed.

BAGGAGE CHECK-THRU"

Hope this is of some help.

Went myself in February

I had a stop over

Check in for Oz open 3 hours before Perth flight no queues on day I flew

Once throguh security ok lounge ,free wifi (if you need plug its 3 pin uk type)

Tv's expensive food ,duty free very ltd choice and a bar,coffee shop etc also money changers

Unlike the real Int airport not much to do airside

Pre check in there is Asian and Junk food in preetyy noisy busy area

ATMs,money changers newsagent 7/11 type store

If you have purchased seperate legs I thik you need to contact Air Asia

There Singapore number (actually in KL) seems to have best English speaking staff)

VISA

With help of advice here my wife obtained her first OZ one ,I don't need one by post

You can download the application from dima website here

Oz visa linky

We showed a bank letter and stated we adequate funds and insurance for my wife as Thais are not covered by reciprocal agreements,tho in practice emergency i.e. non elective treatment is normally free in Hunter Valley where most of my friends are health professionals.

Worth buying her Thai holiday insurance fr peace of mind iIMHO

Have a good trip

pm if I can be further help

Should anyone need to overnight its a bit like abusy bus station seems pretty safe hoards of Asian families and security

There is a Tunes"cube" hotel walking distance across car park from about 1000 baht a night online,cheaper earlier yo book often full