Qatar Airways

beano2274

Am looking at prices of fights to the UK for the end of May beginning of June, and am getting a good price from Qatar Air, have traveled on them before so I know they are good. The one thing I have noticed is the 35 minutes between flights, I arrive from BKK and then have 35 minutes before the next flight to LHR departs, is this gonna be a bit to short, and has anyone ever had a problem with this before.

thanks for the info everyone. Qatar are quoting me 64510baht for 2pax, just a little more expensive than Lufthansa but the baggage is the main area of concern as going with the wife!!!!!!!!, 23kg with Qatar, 20kg with Lufthansa.

thanks for the info everyone. Qatar are quoting me 64510baht for 2pax, just a little more expensive than Lufthansa but the baggage is the main area of concern as going with the wife!!!!!!!!, 23kg with Qatar, 20kg with Lufthansa.

Join their FFP program for an additional 10 Kgs each.

Yermanee

I got extra 10kgs at the lowest "Burgundy" level, but you actually have to be a member and have a card at the appropriate level, pretty sure you cannot just sign up on the day to get the allowance. I think you are supposed to request the extra allowance in advance, though I never have.

You get 15kg and 20kg extra for silver and gold.

Extra baggage allowance

As a Burgundy member you are entitled to an extra baggage allowance* of 10 kgs when travelling on Qatar Airways or flights operated by Qatar Airways. Burgundy members must present their membership card at the time of check-in to avail this benefit.

Submission of requests for excess baggage allowance by phone, email, or fax should be done through sending a copy of the membership card along with a copy of the original Identification for verification.

23kg with Qatar

I flew here with Qatar last year. Prior to arrival at Heathrow I was a bit bothered about my baggage (28+kg) and carry-on (14kg) but they didnt even mention it at check-in. Just stuck a "heavy" label on the bag.

When do you get the extra baggage allowance then? I am a member of their FFP.

After your first flight you receive your card and rule book.

Once you have these means you're in the system and get the extra baggage allowance.

If you have your card already then you have 30 Kgs.

Yermanee

Maybe things have changed since I first (and last) took a Qatar flight from MAN to BKK. I think that was three years ago. I had joined their FF club online and expected 30kg. allowance. I was told at check in that I needed to be at a higher level (after something like 4 sectors MAN-BKK) to get the extra 10kg. and was charged something like 50GBP after haggling. I now have the Privilege Card. Can I expect to get 10kg. extra next time I fly with them?

Once you have a membership (validated after first flights) account you are in the system..

You could also contact their FFP program on their website to ask the question, because I'm not entirely sure you're still in it after 3 years inactivity.

Yermanee

[quote name='yermanee' timestamp='1298957747' post='4250759'

Once you have a membership (validated after first flights) account you are in the system..

You could also contact their FFP program on their website to ask the question, because I'm not entirely sure you're still in it after 3 years inactivity.

Yermanee

after 3 years , in activity , you will certainly loose your priveleges ,

FFP ,,,,,,,,,, frequent fliers priveleges

hope this info helps

qatar , simly the best , i have regular upgrades off them.

[

after 3 years , in activity , you will certainly loose your priveleges ,

FFP ,,,,,,,,,, frequent fliers priveleges

hope this info helps

qatar , simly the best , i have regular upgrades off them.

As I said I'm not entirely sure. What I do know is that qmiles are valid for 5 years, so my guess is that your membership stays valid for the same period of time.:unsure:

Agree that Qatar is the best :jap:

Yermanee

Agree that Qatar is the best

They are good for baggage allowances. Everything else seemed pretty average to me.

I found price/quality to be the best deal compared to Emirates, Etihad, Oman Air, Gulf, China Airlines and Eva.

These are the only airlines that I have used in the last 10 years, so don't know about others.

But as always opinions are purely personal as each persons expectations are different.

Regards

Yermanee