Big Shoes

mikenxzz

Hi.

I've been looking around for some big shoes and can't find them anywhere!

I have size 12 feet, not that big I know but everywhere I have been only goes up to size 11 or the equivalent.

I have been to robinsons at airport plaza and some other places with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

hi

i wish i could help. same problem here, size 13. have been to more than 10 shoestores around the city and also checked 2nd hand shoes at the student market on huay kaew, no success. my problem is also that i dont wear leather shoes, only sneakers and alike. but from my experience, when i had big problems finding shoes, leather shoes or other "classy shoes" seemed to be easier to find in size 13, but just not my thing. (that wasnt in thailand though)

i hope someone knows a place or a way to order big shoes.

greetings

bb.

re ... anyone know of a place that can do that?

try this place 100 yards past number 1 bar in soi 1 of f loi kroh road

good luck ... dave2

That guy fixed some of my shoes (soles) and did a good job. Can not comment on making shoes from scrap.

Are we talking American or UK sizes, as UK sizes are one size larger.

Are you sure that's not the other way round? Either way some years ago I had shoes made at a factory right here in Chiang Mai size 12 American, the name of the shoes was Cobra, problem is I can't remember where their shop was except to say it was in the vicinity of the night bazaar. They seemed to be well made although they never felt quite right. At the same time I bought some leather sandals size 12 off the shelf in this shop, they were so stiff I swear they were made out of elephant leather, I eventually had to throw them away as they would not soften up after wearing them a few times. Nowadays I visit Australia each year and simply stock up there.

I find it difficult even to find rubber "thongs" (to us aussies) or scuffs and sandals in a comfortable size or style,that you would be seen wearing that is, even in Pattaya or BKK where there are a lot of us big blokes are. I always buy in Oz and bring a supply in . There are some really nice, classier style shoes and leather sandals for sale in LOS but never my size. Maybe a business opportunity there for somebody like the big mens clothing stores in MBK and Airport Shopping Plazza .

Are we talking American or UK sizes, as UK sizes are one size larger.

Are you sure that's not the other way round? Either way some years ago I had shoes made at a factory right here in Chiang Mai size 12 American, the name of the shoes was Cobra, problem is I can't remember where their shop was except to say it was in the vicinity of the night bazaar. They seemed to be well made although they never felt quite right. At the same time I bought some leather sandals size 12 off the shelf in this shop, they were so stiff I swear they were made out of elephant leather, I eventually had to throw them away as they would not soften up after wearing them a few times. Nowadays I visit Australia each year and simply stock up there.

Absolutely correct. clap2.gifUK sizes are one size smaller, thanks for spotting it.

I have seen New Balance running shoes in size 12 UK (13 US) at one of the sports shops, but can't recall which one. Not really what the OP wants though. I hope I never get invited to a fancy do, all my shoes are bought for comfort as opposed to style.

Edited by uptheos

Its tough to find shoes 12US or larger. Sometimes you'll see athletic shoes in a maximum of size 12US. As far as ,sandals, thongs., cut shoes, etc, I haven't been able to find them. Not even in the import shops or the bigboy shops. Sometimes you can find large size knockoff at the night bazaar but they generally won't make it past a couple of weeks.

Dave2 pointed out the place near Number 1, there is another good shop in the basement section of Kad Suan Kaew. I believe it in the back(Chiang Mai Ram side)

I've given up totally and bring them with me on visits back to the states, or have visiting friends bring them....

Couple of years ago there was a post bout a shoe cobbler. I went there last year and he made 2 set of shoes for me. Fit like gloves. Very happy with the quality and no need for me to go to the children's department anymore to try to find shoes. But...... you know what they say about men with small feet!

Put this into your GPS or Google map and you will get there: 18.807437, 98.985014

Cheers

R'steeltje

I wear size 16 EEE and have had luck once finding running shoes at kad suan kaew 15 years ago.

Since then, I have bought everything online and have been very happy :)