St Patricks Day Parade

aussiechick

Yes, first time ever - St Paddy's Day parade on March 17. Starts at 1:00p.m. on Beach Road, Soi 4.

If you want to join, or become a sponsor contact Derrick at Free Drop Bar and Restaurant opposite Asia Pattaya or you can send him an e-mail at [email protected]

All money raised goes to Father Ray Foundation. Worthy cause and another fun day.

What is it all about? Sorry other nationalities except for the Anglo saxons don't export their national festivities to other countries. May be I am wrong, Songhran will be soon in Dublin?!

But as long the activity brings money for the charity, nothing against it.

Edited by moo9

What is it all about? Sorry other nationalities except for the Anglo saxons don't export their national festivities to other countries. May be I am wrong, Songhran will be soon in Dublin?!

But as long the activity brings money for the charity, nothing against it.

It will more than likely be the pseudo Irish that take part as well, all those American/Aussie/Canadian "Micks". Are they really that upset with their real nationality that they have to try and hang on to one from a country that their ancestors willingly left generations ago?

hope i dont catch on else every nationality will have its national day parade and its always on beach road so another fouled up traffic day. why not just have a pub crawl and chuck some money in for charity, next st georges day parade, then australia day, 4th July parade and so on. all the time has to be on beach road which fouls the traffic up through out patters, why not a parade from bar to bar in soi 6.

hope i dont catch on else every nationality will have its national day parade and its always on beach road so another fouled up traffic day. why not just have a pub crawl and chuck some money in for charity, next st georges day parade, then australia day, 4th July parade and so on. all the time has to be on beach road which fouls the traffic up through out patters, why not a parade from bar to bar in soi 6.

Just to make you even more gloomy - this is also the start of the Pattaya Music Festival so Beach Road will be out of action 18 -20 March! Now you have something to complain about.

BTW there used to be a rather large St George's Day parade from pub to pub all over Pattaya.

yes we could have a PAD parade--------------Pattaya Alkys and Deviants

Nice idea to have a St Patricks Day and parade in Pattaya but--- why not have the parade later in the day when people are not at the beach, out golfing, (or in my case) working? Next year, have the parade around 5:30 or 6pm. You still have an hour of day light and it is cooler. The local expats and Thais who live and work in Pattaya most likely know about these city events. The tourist just happens to run into them.

Nice idea to have a St Patricks Day and parade in Pattaya but--- why not have the parade later in the day when people are not at the beach, out golfing, (or in my case) working? Next year, have the parade around 5:30 or 6pm. You still have an hour of day light and it is cooler. The local expats and Thais who live and work in Pattaya most likely know about these city events. The tourist just happens to run into them.

A lot of work has gone into organising this event but I am sure they will list to advice for next year.

look forward to australia day parade, 4th july, st geroges,st andrews day,etc, etc, etc and yesSt Georges day is confined to bars not roads. nationalism best left at home, once any form of it comes in then you will get problems with the melting pot that is pattya. unless you have lived with the troubles and understand the mentality of opposing groups its difficult to understand it.

what next Thais around the world throwing water over everybody on songkran day, thats Thai wifes opinion about it. what part Ireland are you from Aussiechick?

What the hell is St. George's day? I have enough from the daily Halloween in Pattaya....lol

its the day the English celebrate a saint from Palestine, born from a Syrian Mother and Roman father, whos reamins are in Isreal!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by NALAK

What the hell is St. George's day? I have enough from the daily Halloween in Pattaya....lol

its the day the English celebrate a saint from Palestine, born from a Syrian Mother and Roman father, whos reamins are in Isreal!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on NALAK why stop there,

Let's mention that Patrick was not Irish!!!!!!!!!!! (probably you know about his parents and remains---I don't)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or that very few Sovereigns of the Vatican State / Bishops of Rome have been from either the Vatican State or Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on NALAK how many more anomalies can you list?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW everybody have a good day.

Edited by rott

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on NALAK why stop there,

Let's mention that Patrick was not Irish!!!!!!!!!!! (probably you know about his parents and remains---I don't)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or that very few Sovereigns of the Vatican State / Bishops of Rome have been from either the Vatican State or Rome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on NALAK how many more anomalies can you list?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW everybody have a good day.

St Patrick was a British Christian, the patron St of a Catholic country, still like to educate myself, was interested about st George somebody asked the question i answered it. irelands Patron Saint a Brit and Englands Patron St a Lebonese, still both left behind a a day to have a few beers. Certainly a few beers sank tomorrow for St Patricks day

Edited by NALAK

Happy St Patricks day to all and remember "our day will come" when Ireland is once again united under Her Majesty (God bless her)and we have our 26 counties back under British rule.

Song of the day..( just got it by text so thought I would share it with you)

Sing a song of Ulster and dance a hearty reel,

Pour yourself a hearty drink I'm sure it will appeal,

Tell a tale of battles past,

The ground our fathers trod,

And Happy St Patricks Day to all because paddy was a prod.....

Only joking everybody have a good day..

Jam1e

Anyone know if this will still happen even if it's raining (as it is right now)? Debating whether to go or not...

Thanks for any info at this late hour!

WaatWang

I am pretty confident it will go ahead as scheduled. Lots of floats involved and the rain has stopped in Central Pattaya.

Anyone know if this will still happen even if it's raining (as it is right now)? Debating whether to go or not...

Thanks for any info at this late hour!

WaatWang

I am pretty confident it will go ahead as scheduled. Lots of floats involved and the rain has stopped in Central Pattaya.

Thanks for the info, chickie! I'll head down to check it out - maybe see you there...

:)

It was a great parade ,better for me than the Dublin one . :D ..many sexy Thai lady to look at .

Well I must have blinked or missed it, as I was sitting in a bar over looking 2nd road (The Avenue) from 14:30 to 19:30 and never saw anything go by. We was told by the Magners representative that there were floats at Soi 4 waiting to go, but the start was delayed a bit, so I guess the route must have been changed. Anyway at least Guinness and Kilkenny was available where we was!!!

Cheers

It was quite a poor parade to be fair, who ever was at the back was letting the cars and bikes through and you know Baht buses dont stop for such a thing and were nudging their way past the parade almost pushing the bands off the road.