Cheap Accommodation - Monthly

jc7

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone could suggest a few places for me to stay in Thailand.. I've been before but only to Samui..

My friends found me an room, with en suite toilet.. wifi etc.. for 8000 THB... (£160).. per month...

But I'm thinking I should maybe try other areas out if it's possible to get roughly that price...

I only want a simple lifestyle for the moment (I'm actually writing a book!) but would still like tourism to be around me to a degree!

Any advice appreciated cool.gif

Pattaya.

I stay at Canterbury Tales Cafe and Bookshop, great location, plenty of tourists and ex-pats like me as regulars, more books than you could read in 5 lifetimes, used books and all the Thailand reads.

I know the website is down now as Dave the owner is having it revamped but he has rooms in your price range and good rooms too, pm me for his email address as I am not sure if I can add it here and he will I am sure reply to you.

Pattaya.

I stay at Canterbury Tales Cafe and Bookshop, great location, plenty of tourists and ex-pats like me as regulars, more books than you could read in 5 lifetimes, used books and all the Thailand reads.

I know the website is down now as Dave the owner is having it revamped but he has rooms in your price range and good rooms too, pm me for his email address as I am not sure if I can add it here and he will I am sure reply to you.

Thanks Danlo - I really like the idea of that. I've sent you a PM so I can find out more.

Will I need a moped to get around Pattaya? In Samui transport was pretty necessary. I only want to be near the beach and a decent club! rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya.

Are you sure you're not dave the owner dave ?

Why don't you tell people about the building work next door that starts early dave ?

• 4 weeks later...

Depends what your writing about but you could find some inspiration in Pattaya( plenty of characters)

Bit of a dump though and if you need quite to write, your in the wrong place.

Do you want city life or beach life? Plenty of tourists and ex-pats in Bkk or Chiang mai and almost any island in Thailand. Maybe Ko Samet or Ko Chang.