Under Age Sex

twix38

Article from today's The Nation website below

"Pattaya, Chon Buri - A 66-year-old Norwegian man was arrested here Monday afternoon for having allegedly bought sex service from a 17-year-old girl.

Acting on tip-off, police raided the K2M Apartment in Pattaya and found Karstein Abrahamsen naked inside a room with the girl.

He was charged with raping a girl under 18 years old with or without her consent."

I maybe off the mark and don't agree with under age sex. In this case though the girl is a 17 yo - so not a child and may well have lied about her age - we don't know. The Norwegian man could face a very harsh penalty for doing what thousands of us may inadvertently do if we are lied to when asking the ladies' age or even forget to check in the moment, as we are approached to buy the service and this unknown 17 yo looks well over 18. or maybe she's someone working in a bar who's under age. (not condoning or excusing, but individual circumstances can make a world of difference).

So, an all to common event transpires where he agrees a price and they go to his condo/home. It takes both parties to undertake the main event(sex), whilst to me, rape HAS to be against someone's (ladies) will - i.e. forced.

This is a business transaction agreed to by all parties. Does the girl involved get a totally free pass for not being honest or mentioning that she is just under age, whilst the guy is potentially convicted of rape for not asking or being lied to if he did? and somebody tipped the BIB off!!

How is this right? The girl is the innocent victim!!?? yet to my mind she's at least an equal and willing participant to the illegal act and is old enough to know. She may also have approached the Norwegian first or be working under age in a go-go bar, or not, solicited the act, or not, lied about her age, or not and tipped off the Police, or not.

She WAS the only participant to certainly 100% know she was under age and in my books it's NOT rape either.

What an angel she is and in the eyes of the law she gets off free to carry on her under age illegal acts no doubt.

If the guy gets years in prison then she should get years in a correctional facility. Neither is justified here because sex is a part of Pattaya and if authorities want to press a rape charge maybe they should uniformly make and enforce the laws, but when sex and prostitution is tolerated to the degree and reputation it is here - known through out the universe, this is not a case where a rape allegation with these particular circumstances should ruin only his life.

To me the story stinks a bit as with some rotten luck and carelessness there are scenarios where many of us could be in a similar situation once in a blue moon and get done for rape.

This should get some other charge than rape and she should also face a penalty at 17 yo depending on the circumstances and facts.

Am I wrong? How wrong am I?

Edited by twix38

Touchy subject !

I have been in that spot more often than I want to admit. You are absolutely

right about your assessment (at least in my opinion). These girls lie and do

anything possible to get your $$$. They don't give a crap if you and up in the

slammer and your reputation and life are ruined ... typical TIT no consequences

for their actions ... everything is "mai pen rai" ....

The only way to avoid it is to double check the ID card. I heard rumors that

if you take a girl from an A-Go-Go, you are safe, since it is the responsibility

of the Go-Go to make sure they are all 18++. BUT, I would not bet my freedom

and sanity on that rumor ...

I was approached by girls as young as 15, that looked way older, and only

by talking to them for a little while did I discover that they are not 20 as they

claim ... learn Thai and take the time to talk to them before you take them

to a room. Know the places you go and people you talk to, if this guy is an

ex-pat, he should have known better ...

Cheers,

rudi

Rape is often used as a legal term, as in statutory rape. It doesn't always imply violence or lack of consent.

Wrong --- the implication in statutory rape is that the victim is too young to give consent. Consensual sex amongst adults is a different beast entirely.

Rape is often used as a legal term, as in statutory rape. It doesn't always imply violence or lack of consent.

Wrong --- the implication in statutory rape is that the victim is too young to give consent. Consensual sex amongst adults is a different beast entirely.

Nothing I said was wrong. You merely expanded on it. A minor CAN quite obviously sometimes give consent in fact of action, but in cases of statutory rape it is not considered real consent from a LEGAL point of view.

Nothing I said was wrong. You merely expanded on it. A minor CAN quite obviously sometimes give consent in fact of action, but in cases of statutory rape it is not considered real consent from a LEGAL point of view. Correct, in cases of legal age, of course rape would mean lack of consent, legally defined or otherwise.

Jingthing is right.

The term rape is used automatically even if the sex was consensual but one of the persons was too young in the eyes of the lawmakers.

Jingthing is right.

The term rape is used automatically even if the sex was consensual but one of the persons was too young in the eyes of the lawmakers.

Wrong again -- as the law (hence the word statutory) states that a minor cannot give 'consent'.