Cigarettes

craig34

Hey guys, Finally booked my holiday , will be in thailand for a total of 3 weeks

I understand i can only bring 200 ciggies to thailand with me from UK so where can i purchase Lambert & Butler / or Golden Virginia tabaccoo & how much ? I can only buy 200 at bkk airport sadley

I cant smoke thai brands

Appreciate youre help guys, many thanks

As far as I know you wont get either of those anywhere. The only foreign brands you can buy generally is Marlboro

And I'd be wary of those as I think they are either made locally or in surrounding countries and stamped as Marlboros. Glad I quit don't have to worry about this sort of thing. I used to smoke the Thai cigs when I ran out of Cdn. brand but they seemed to be harsh after awhile. But why don't you take another carton, open it up and scatter the packs throughout your clothing. I rather doubt they'll make the effort to count your cigs.

Marlboro are made under licence in the PIs and are exactly the same the world over.

You can get many foreign brands such as LM, B+H, Marlboro here with no problem. Just buy at a decent outlet such as 7-11 etc and not from the street or Cambodia where although cheap, tend to me made from floor sweepings.

I'd kill for a pack of Regal KS....

Bakseeda, wind your neck in pal....

Edited by HeavyDrinker

What nonsense! Marlboro are made under licence in the PIs and are exactly the same the world over.

Most of the smokes you get here are foreign brands such as LM, B+H, Marlboro,

I'd kill for a pack of Regal KS though....

How little you know, Marlboro are differant in every country they are made to suit the local taste to compare a USA made M to a Thai M is like chalk and cheese, Thai M are pretty awful but tu get a really dreadful one purchase in Egypt or Turkey.

You can get B and H at the duty free at swampy, they are fine and cheaper to buy there than in UK airport, but I would not advise bringing in more than 200, they do check, also being an ex L and B smoker I find the LM red here ok to smoke and you can get them everywhere.....enjoy your holiday and your smoking :lol: