Stock Trading In Thailand

I have found that supposedly the SET has fixed trading rates at 0.2% buy\sell on the SET via ANY broker. Is this a FACT?

Also the cash account interest rates are a JOKE in Thailand at 0.75%. You would lose a fortune if you had money sitting in their account in between trades.

So the idea will be to keep your money in value companies- would have been nice to buy the Banks at less than half price early last year... now there PE ratio seems fairer value.

Overall it would be good to trade in Asia's fastest growing economy- as it is looking a lot like the half way mark of a BOOM- very much the feel of early 1990s to me.

Many forget the Thai BOOM of the 90s... then BUST. Whether the current BOOM of the last year can be sustained for any period like 2 decades this time, only time will tell. As none of us have a crystal ball.

Anyway does anyone get under 0.2% trades and better interest rates???

Plus can you get an account with a Biz visa yet no work permit- they seem to wish for a WP... some of us are simply here to invest, not work. So I do not see why they need a WP. Any brokers accept setting up an account with no WP, Kim Eng does not....

Cheers JAY