Public Notary

random

Check the separate classified section of a certain English language newspaper in Bangkok (not sure if rules here permit the name of the paper). .........Ah----here it is!: Suwat Int'l Law &Notary Office, near Asoke. I have been there, successful trip, and made to feel at home. www.SuwatLaw.com, www.Thailandnotary.com. Other services too. Glas Haus Bldg., 9th floor. 02- 661-7038-9. My papers were later received abroad with no problem.

I had some docs notarized by an attorney here who had a sign out front saying Public Notary. The department of Births Deaths and Marriages in Vic., Oz accepted them, so I'm guessing there are Notaries here in Chiang Mai.

Sunbelt Legal used to offer a cheap notary service, but they stopped doing that. However, some of the Sunbelt lawyers are able and willing to do it on a personal basis. Not cheap, though. 1500 Baht from memory.

Depending on the OP's nationality and the type of document involved...

The U.S. Consulate will notarize U.S. based documents for U.S. citizens, but they've substantially raised their price in the past year to now above $50 per time...

Various Thai attorneys will also notarize documents, though the prices tend to be high. There's a law firm in the Times Square building that once charged 2000+ baht, and as I recall, there's another small lawyer's office up inside the Nana BTS station (on the Soi 4-5 end) that likewise will do for a similar price... The Thai attorney versions presumably are acceptable for submitting to Thai govt, offices.

What we really need is an affordable notary service... considering that back in the U.S. it might cost $10 or $20 to notarize a document.