Hand Of God Is In Town !

007cableguy

It's a sad day when a cheat and a drug addict is put on a pedestal and worshipped. bah.gif

totster ermm.gif

Amen..

But that's " modern mentalities " & Scotsmen for you i guess,..

I was thinking the same sort of thing (minus the "Scotsmen" comment).

Some bloke gets busted in Thailand for having a marijuana cigarette, and the Thaivisa Purity Squad is almost calling for the death penalty, but if he's a football legend, something like cocaine, that has caused devastating damage to people, is OK?????

No one is talking about Maradona the person. This is the football forum and we are talking about his ability to play the game.

i have'nt forgotten his cheating in '86 and i think much of his behaviour over the years has been loathesome.

That said, he's still the best player i've ever seen. An absolute genius. Who ever said one player does'nt make a team.........

LOL -- Of course some of us are talking about Maradona the person. Last I checked, he wasn't a horse, a dog, a bowl of cereal.......

The guy was given a lot of natural talent that he used to represent his team and country. He had great success but wasn't happy enough with that. He cheated and took drugs, which shamed and hurt those who supported him and helped him become the man he is (was?). I just find it a little distasteful that this man is glorified here at this forum when some poor sap who enjoys getting a little buzzed from a bit of grass is dragged through mud and condemned for doing something that is causing no direct harm to anyone.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute rubbish. Off topic. You have'nt yet grasped this is about football not substance abuse and whoring.

Please stay on topic mr wavefloater.

Really?

Look at the topic:

Hand Of God Is In Town - Diego Maradona in Pattaya

Could have sworn I can read! Oh ya, I CAN read,

Nothing at all about football in the topic. It is all about: Diego Maradona.

Of course, you don't have anything to offer that defends this guy, so you decide just to be insulting instead. Don't you think people are intelligent enough to see that?

Unbelievable!!!!

Edited by Wavefloater

Absolute rubbish. Off topic. You have'nt yet grasped this is about football not substance abuse and whoring.

Really?

Look at the topic:

Of course, you don't have anything to offer that defends this guy, so you decide just to be insulting instead. Don't you think people are intelligent enough to see that. Unbelievable!!!!

Where have i been insulting? Don't be such a child. We're all friends here :D

Really?

Look at the topic:

Of course, you don't have anything to offer that defends this guy, so you decide just to be insulting instead. Don't you think people are intelligent enough to see that. Unbelievable!!!!

Where have i been insulting? Don't be such a child. We're all friends here biggrin.gif

Let me explain slowly and clearly for you.

When you tell someone that they can't grasp the situation, you are indirectly saying that they aren't intelligent. When you say that someone isn't intelligent enough to understand what they're reading, that's an insult.

Of course, everybody else can see that. Why can't you?

Really?

Look at the topic:

Where have i been insulting? Don't be such a child. We're all friends here biggrin.gif

Let me explain slowly and clearly for you.

When you tell someone that they can't grasp the situation, you are indirectly saying that they aren't intelligent. When you say that someone isn't intelligent enough to understand what they're reading, that's an insult.

Of course, everybody else can see that. Why can't you?

Thats not an insult. You're just being a baby. BTW, who ever said that someones failure to grasp a certain situation makes them an unintelligent person? Don't be so sensitive.

Have a great day

LOL -- Of course some of us are talking about Maradona the person. Last I checked, he wasn't a horse, a dog, a bowl of cereal.......

The guy was given a lot of natural talent that he used to represent his team and country. He had great success but wasn't happy enough with that. He cheated and took drugs, which shamed and hurt those who supported him and helped him become the man he is (was?). I just find it a little distasteful that this man is glorified here at this forum when some poor sap who enjoys getting a little buzzed from a bit of grass is dragged through mud and condemned for doing something that is causing no direct harm to anyone.

genius is more often than not flawed. doesn't stop it being genius.

i presume you don't own any beatles albums by the way?

Thats not an insult. You're just being a baby. BTW, who ever said that someones failure to grasp a certain situation makes them an unintelligent person? Don't be so sensitive.

Have a great day

24.gif24.gif24.gif

Don't ebcourage him Alf. Ah well who can resist? :lol: :lol:

Is the surf dude a sherman by any chance? :rolleyes:

Have a great day

24.gif24.gif24.gif

I know, it's hilarious that this clown carmine can't even see what he or she is doing.

Don't get into a battle of wits with anyone carmine. You're unarmed!!

Bye ya loser.

Have a nice life, idiot!

Edited by Wavefloater

Have a great day

24.gif24.gif24.gif

I know, it's hilarious that this clown carmine can't even see what he or she is doing.

Bye ya loser.

Have a nice life, idiot!

Who needs mods when we got carmine on the forum?

Nice work me old son. :D

Have a great day

24.gif24.gif24.gif

Bye ya loser.

Have a nice life, idiot!

You leave Harry alone WF, he's a nice Guy after all, good heart..

Just could yourself lucky it wasn't Lloyd who you were having an altercation with...

post-55211-0-67564300-1299218492_thumb.j

Have a great day

24.gif24.gif24.gif

Bye ya loser.

Have a nice life, idiot!

Just could yourself lucky it wasn't Lloyd who you were having an altercation with...

2.gif i feel left out now Singher 2.gif

He was a cracking player alright but...

what a shocking lack of class...taking your bird to Pattaya <deleted>.....leave her at the hotel in Bangers while you enjoy yer 'sightseeing tour'.

He pulled the wool over the ref....seems his lady aint quite so short sighted! :D

How don't we mere mortals love to knock down those that are truly gifted.

He took drugs and a handball or two shock horror.

Anyway as a football lover enjoy one so gifted by God... we can only dream to do that!

Edited by Devil

Shock horror, Liverpudlian loving Person in Drug Taking & cheating " it's ok to do so " shock horror...:D

2.gif i feel left out now Singher 2.gif

Don't be Alf, i just don't wnat to be so predictable....;)

Have a great day

24.gif24.gif24.gif

Bye ya loser.

Have a nice life, idiot!

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a big baby you are. :)

Edited by carmine

It's funny Carms, i use to have a bird who would say to me "don't be a baby," fat old cow she was but use to scrubb up ok :D anyway after i told her i was going to Thailand for the second time she said "its me or Thailand" ...........looks like Thailand won :o:D

Edited by alfieconn

Shock horror, Liverpudlian loving Person in Drug Taking & cheating " it's ok to do so " shock horror...:D

cheesy.gif

I don't think anyone needs to knock the man down Dev. You simply look at the way he has lived his life and it either matters to you or it doesn't.

Much like with Tyson and OJ. Rape? Murder? Who cares? How about paedophilia? Michael Jackson proved it needn't get in the way of being adored, did he not?

In fact, let's face it, you don't even need to of done anything with your life to have people ready and willing to put your "misdemeanour's" to one side - just look at the fan mail people on death row get.

Sure is a funny old world eh.

It's funny Carms, i use to have a bird who would say to me "don't be a baby," fat old cow she was but use to scrubb up ok :D anyway after i told her i was going to Thailand for the second time she said "its me or Thailand" ...........looks like Thailand won :o:D

Depends how you define "won". laugh.gif

cheesy.gif

I don't think anyone needs to knock the man down Dev. You simply look at the way he has lived his life and it either matters to you or it doesn't.

Much like with Tyson and OJ. Rape? Murder? Who cares? How about paedophilia? Michael Jackson proved it needn't get in the way of being adored, did he not?

In fact, let's face it, you don't even need to of done anything with your life to have people ready and willing to put your "misdemeanour's" to one side - just look at the fan mail people on death row get.

Sure is a funny old world eh.

you didn't just seriously compare taking cocaine and handling a football to rape, murder and paedophilia did you rix?

you didn't just seriously compare taking cocaine and handling a football to rape, murder and paedophilia did you rix?

The point wasn't that those crimes mentioned were equal in seriousness. They obviously are not. The point was that people draw the line in different places as to what is behaviour they can accept and still go on respecting a person. For me, Maradona crossed the line a long time ago, and not only for the drugs and the cheating. For you, obviously he didn't. Fair enough.

The point wasn't that those crimes mentioned were equal in seriousness. They obviously are not. The point was that people draw the line in different places as to what is behaviour they can accept and still go on respecting a person. For me, Maradona crossed the line a long time ago, and not only for the drugs and the cheating. For you, obviously he didn't. Fair enough.

is paul scholes one of these pieces of human filth? only i've seen him punch the ball into the net far more times than i've seen maradona do it.

Name a soccer (football) player that doesn't cheat.........just look at the dives they take to get a free kick. It's just par for the course and Maradonna is no different.

If he was on steroids then you could say he was cheating, but cocaine?? Hardly performance enhancing.

A great footballer that didn't do anything on the field that other players don't do. Off the field I don't think he is Robinson Crusoe either.

Name a soccer (football) player that doesn't cheat.........just look at the dives they take to get a free kick. It's just par for the course and Maradonna is no different.

If he was on steroids then you could say he was cheating, but cocaine?? Hardly performance enhancing.

A great footballer that didn't do anything on the field that other players don't do. Off the field I don't think he is Robinson Crusoe either.

he was done for ephedrine at the 94 world cup, but again that's not massively performance-enhancing. the man was a drug addict, so it was hardly surprising.

doesn't stop him being a genius though, a truly gifted individual. john lennon necked a load of acid, perhaps those maradona haters should go home and throw out all of their beatles records if they're going to be consistent in their judgements.

He cheated to enable Argentina to beat England in teh WC QF in 1986, one of the most unsportsmanlike cheating instances i can remember & that England Team had argubly the best chance to win a WC since 66 & you fail to seem to understand why people don't like him ??

Do you think the majority of this Forum, which are Englishman that actually support & wnat their Country to do well, unlike you as you've noted on more than one ocassion in teh past, should just sit with their mouths wide open at his poxy dribbling skills ??

:rolleyes:

He cheated to enable Argentina to beat England in teh WC QF in 1986, one of the most unsportsmanlike cheating instances i can remember & that England Team had argubly the best chance to win a WC since 66 & you fail to seem to understand why people don't like him ??

Do you think the majority of this Forum, which are Englishman that actually support & wnat their Country to do well, unlike you as you've noted on more than one ocassion in teh past, should just sit with their mouths wide open at his poxy dribbling skills ??

'poxy'? oh dear m.

yeah, strangely not giving a shit about the england football team allows one to be objective about maradona without colouring his entire career based on one piece of gamesmanship. if peter shilton wasn't a past it lump by then diego wouldn't have scored with his hand anyway.

'poxy'? oh dear m.

yeah, strangely not giving a shit about the england football team allows one to be objective about maradona without colouring his entire career based on one piece of gamesmanship. if peter shilton wasn't a past it lump by then diego wouldn't have scored with his hand anyway.

He beat you singlefisted. Get over it! :D

is paul scholes one of these pieces of human filth? only i've seen him punch the ball into the net far more times than i've seen maradona do it.

Did you miss my underlined sentence above?