007cableguy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd buy him a beer. :) :)

so would i. not often in life you get to be in the presence of bona fide genius.

Correct answer. :)

The second goal.....talent beyond most imagination......I mean I was good but....:D

what he did at napoli was incredible, as was effectively winning the world cup by himself.

this is still my favourite vid of him though:

so would i. not often in life you get to be in the presence of bona fide genius.

The second goal.....talent beyond most imagination......I mean I was good but....:D

what he did at napoli was incredible, as was effectively winning the world cup by himself.

I've lost count of how many vids of him i've seen but every time at some stage i've always had to stop and rewind back to see bit of "skill" again.

Always wondered what it must have been like playing alongside him. You must have felt so very ordinary!!!

Lucky they werent testing for performance enhancing drugs.............. But truely a skilled footballer.

[/quote ]

Lucky they werent testing for performance enhancing drugs.............. But truely a skilled footballer.

there's nothing performance enhancing about cocaine. it's a performance negative in fact and maradona's career and fitness suffered as a result of his addiction to it.

Amazing he was!

Used to love watching that Napoli team - Careca, Alamoa and Maradona.

You can spot them in the vid also

Amazing he was!

Even though Dev's younger than me & would have been all of 5 Years old at the time & without Italian Footie on the Box...:D

Amazing he was!

Even though Dev's younger than me & would have been all of 5 Years old at the time & without Italian Footie on the Box...:D

Nonsense - I am 36 and I recall you being younger than me ? so I would of been 14,15,16 if it was the 88 season. I was truly potty about footie and Italian footie at that time also... and remember getting the Italian games first on Channel 4 then my mate had Sky. Oh and I had the Inter home and Napoli home shirts and straight to training after school hehe- them were the days.

Edited by Devil

Allways welcome in Scotland i believe.....Wonder Why????

Because they have chips on their shoulders and can't help but have a pop at the English perhaps? :)

Here's a suggestion.....get over it. :jap:

Edited by carmine

Allways welcome in Scotland i believe.....Wonder Why????

Because they have chips on their shoulders and can't help but have a pop at the English perhaps? :)

Here's a suggestion.....get over it. :jap:

The empire strikes back????

Fark off leetle englanders.....pony?....nah bunch of carthorses.

Nae sense of humour bah two bob is on the mark.

It's a sad day when a cheat and a drug addict is put on a pedestal and worshipped. bah.gif

totster ermm.gif

Amen..

But that's " modern mentalities " & Scotsmen for you i guess,..

I was thinking the same sort of thing (minus the "Scotsmen" comment).

Some bloke gets busted in Thailand for having a marijuana cigarette, and the Thaivisa Purity Squad is almost calling for the death penalty, but if he's a football legend, something like cocaine, that has caused devastating damage to people, is OK?????

Edited by Wavefloater

It's a sad day when a cheat and a drug addict is put on a pedestal and worshipped. bah.gif

totster ermm.gif

Amen..

But that's " modern mentalities " & Scotsmen for you i guess,..

I was thinking the same sort of thing (minus the "Scotsmen" comment).

Some bloke gets busted in Thailand for having a marijuana cigarette, and the Thaivisa Purity Squad is almost calling for the death penalty, but if he's a football legend, something like cocaine, that has caused devastating damage to people, is OK?????

No one is talking about Maradona the person. This is the football forum and we are talking about his ability to play the game.

i have'nt forgotten his cheating in '86 and i think much of his behaviour over the years has been loathesome.

That said, he's still the best player i've ever seen. An absolute genius. Who ever said one player does'nt make a team.........