3Bb Carrefour Gone

dthomasss

I'm also in Pattaya on the Premier 3Mb/1Mb plan wondering how it compares with the much cheaper non-Premier plans, so do let us know!

I'm also renting a place in Hua Hin for six months, and wondering if they will transfer my grandfathered 3Mb/1Mb plan over there, or if I should just keep paying for it in Pattaya while I'm gone, just to preserve it.

Pop down and ask them if they'll transfer it.

As it happened, I got mine transferred for 1600 plus some line work into the house for 300. Wasn't as bad as I expected. Paid the transfer fee on Tuesday and was up and running on Saturday. The money for the line work into the house must be a little side scam for the technicians as no receipt is issued.

Did anyone else experience very bad 3BB or CAT - Sophon late last night till early this morning? Mine was really bad. On and off all the time. It's starting to come right again now.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, sorry about that. Actually, have a look at this thread where we're doing some "real life" tests instead of using the online speedtests, as the latter seem to reuse data cached by the ISP and not give a realistic picture of the actual speed available.

I think you'll probably see the same limitations (max ~128 kB/s download per stream) in Premier, but it would be interesting to test.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Conners I know you downgraded your package but were you on the mandatory one year contract at the time ?

I would be willing to do the same but I don't know if they will let me since when I signed up in November they made me sign a one year contract, but since I can't read Thai, I don't know if I agreed to one year Premium or just one year with 3BB

tropo I noticed the new office the other day and surprisingly all the clerks I could see were male :o