90 Day Address Reporting Regulation Change

I live in Chiang Mai, last year I did my 90-day reporting in Mae Hong Son, had successfully done it in Krabi and Samut Prakan before (90 days always coinciding with term breaks). Is this not allowed anymore?

The rules state that 90 day reporting should be done at the immigration office in the area where you are living. But there have been several reports on TV over the last year of some immigration offices being flexible and processing 90 day reports for foreigners living outside the immigration office's catchment area. In the age of technology with immigration offices linked, maybe in the future that could become the norm ... :)

You report to the office for the area where you reside.

When I am at my place in Jomtien I report there, and give my Jomtien address, when in Bangkok at CW I give my Bangkok address

No-one has ever challenged this ? Strictly speaking why should they ?

Also In Bangkok the Condo is frequently asking us to fill in forms ref our residence etc..for the govt.

In Jomtien...never.

wy don't they make it easier for both immigration and foreigners by only have to report if you change address.

- Probably because of the loss of income from fines relating to foreigners failing to report on time.

- Is a good point you raise, but would require a change to the Immigration Act.

Suan Plu office is still there, but most of its functions for westerners, including 90 day reports for those on extension of stay, have been moved to the Chaeng Wattana office...

How interesting, Soi Suan Plu is still there and operating.

About a year ago I stopped at Soi Suan Plu and the place was locked up solid and an immigration official walking outside said, “Soi Suan Plu now is immigration jail and immigration court, everything moved to Cheng Wattana Government Complex”.

Studying Thai history of centuries ago you learn Thais always have been as confused as they are today. Thais are confused because they take Buddha at his word, Buddha said, “Take care of today, don’t worry about tomorrow”. Thais are like computers, you switch them off – like Thais going to sleep on the end of the day - and all info is lost”.

See the BKK Immigration Division's web site here for a summary of what's still done at Suan Plu vs. what's done at their other two BKK locations....

http://bangkok.immig....th/intro1.html

Another link with more info on the same is here:

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location3.html

Basically, for westerners, the only thing remaining at Suan Plu is a partly online re-entry permit issuing function.

Edited by jfchandler

I usually check in at the Jomtien beach office, because I have my house out in that area. Can I still do mail in check in to CW?

Only if you live in Bangkok can you mail in there. Jomtiem now also allows mailing in your 90 day report.

Thanks for the information. Living here for many years and this is the first time I have heard of this. Wish I would have known about this years ago, anyway, you know what they say, " Better late then never ". How about renewing my yearly Visa, is this also available by mail?

No, for an extension of stay you have to apply in person.

The possibility of doing your 90 day report by mail at Jomtiem is a very recent one, there was a discussion about two weeks ago because they started accepting it.

No, for an extension of stay you have to apply in person.

The possibility of doing your 90 day report by mail at Jomtiem is a very recent one, there was a discussion about two weeks ago because they started accepting it.

Put your passport in the mail ?....a recipe for disaster methinks.

AFAIK, there's no Thai Immigration office that does extensions of stay by mail.... regardless of location.

The mail in process is only for 90 Day reporting...at some and perhaps a growing number of offices with time...

And that makes it relatively easy to do by mail, since the 90 Day Reporting process doesn't require Immigration to put any kind of stamp into your passport, thus they don't need to have the passport itself as part of the reporting process.

Basically for mail in reporting.... you send

--an original signed and completed 90 day reporting form (no photos required)

--the original paper notice slip you received from Immigration last time showing your next 90 Day reporting date.

--a copy of your most recent airport departure card

--a copy of the front photo and info page of your passport

--copies of your passport pages showing your most recent extension of stay or other permission to be in Thailand, as well as your most recent arrival/departure stamps.

--And a self addressed envelope with a 10 baht stamp affixed that Immigration will use to send back to you your new notice for your next 90 day reporting date.

For BKK residents, the mail-in address is as follows:

90 Days Report Section

Immigration Bureau (Division 1)

Chalermprakiat Govt. Complex

120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Rd. Soi 7

Tungsonghong, Laksi

Bangkok 10210

For residents of other areas, check with your local Immigration office.

I mailed in my 90 day report to CW a week or so ago.... and have not received their return receipt mail as yet...

But just to note...for mail in reports to CW in BKK, there never was any available days AFTER your due date... In the past, it was supposed to arrive there within the week before your actual deadline, if using the mail in method.

Be interesting to see if the mail in timeframes also are being changed.

Mailed mine one month ago and not returned as yet. When phoned they just said only one person was doing them and it might take two months!

I just came across this from a Pattaya news source. Is it true?

New Thailand Immigration Rules for Submitting 90-Day Report by Mail OR In Person

Foreigners must provide proof of residence IF YOU APPLY IN PERSON OR BY MAIL. The same rules apply whether mailed of submitted in person, so this is important for all foreigners on one-year visas.

If you stay at a guest house, hotel or apartment you only need to provide a business card of the name of the guest house, hotel or apartment

If you stay in a house, townhouse or condominium you can provide any ONE of the following as evidence of your address:

· Letter from owner of the house stating you live there

· A copy of the house book of wife if living in house with wife's name in it.

· A copy of the house book of your Thai relative living with you. The house, condo, shop house or townhouse can be owned by someone else or a Thai company. The only requirement is the name of your Thai wife; husband or dependent child is in the book.

· Any bill or bank statement that shows you receive mail at the address. Examples are electric bill, cable TV bill, telephone bill, internet service provider bill, or receipt from landlord.

· Also, savings account or investment account statements can also be used to verify address.

· A copy of the lease for your residence with your name listed as a tenant.

Edited by MagnumForce

I did get mine back in the mail from Chaeng Wattana about a week to 10 days after they'd received it... About the same turnaround from them the time before as well.

I mailed in my 90 day report to CW a week or so ago.... and have not received their return receipt mail as yet...

But just to note...for mail in reports to CW in BKK, there never was any available days AFTER your due date... In the past, it was supposed to arrive there within the week before your actual deadline, if using the mail in method.

Be interesting to see if the mail in timeframes also are being changed.

Mailed mine one month ago and not returned as yet. When phoned they just said only one person was doing them and it might take two months!