Cheap Carrefour Safe--Locked!

pauleddy

I have one of these digital safe things which cost 1200b in Carrefour. I know that they will not stop a pro, but it suits me to put the fake rolex in there etc. It is bolted to the inside of a wardrobe.

The battery light told me to change the batteries so I did. Like a fool, I put them in badly, and now nothing works. I dont have a pass key (circular type key)either, cos I lost or nver had.

We called carrefour and they were not helpful. On U tube, there are various scams for hitting the thing, but I have tried them without joy.

UK sites show that locksmiths worth their name have a device for cracking circular keys. it has 6 little feelers. i dont expect to obtain one, but it also seems that our enquiries in the local soi are hopeless, and that Thai locksmiths do not open safes.

I have the serial number of the bypass key. Is there any way of finding a key shop?

If all is lost, I will have to get an angle grinder or use my diamond drills. Anyone know any solutions or locksmiths (I am Sutthisan/Lad Prao).

IF I drill or grind, how should I do it? I am not a welder so I will not repair it after, unless I can find Plastic Padding etc (!)

eddy

Most of those safes have three ways - the normal keypad with batteries in back, a plastic battery holder with wire/plug to allow use of keypad using that and then the keys. Look around for a black plastic battery holder with a wire on it. The keys are normally in a red drawstring pouch.

If all is lost, I will have to get an angle grinder or use my diamond drills. Anyone know any solutions or locksmiths (I am Sutthisan/Lad Prao.

If you have to go that way, go back to Carrefour and have a look at an open safe and see where might be the easiest area to cut and make sure that when you have removed an area of the top you can actually get at at the bolts/screws to remove them easily.

If all is lost, I will have to get an angle grinder or use my diamond drills. Anyone know any solutions or locksmiths (I am Sutthisan/Lad Prao.

If you have to go that way, go back to Carrefour and have a look at an open safe and see where might be the easiest area to cut and make sure that when you have removed an area of the top you can actually get at at the bolts/screws to remove them easily.

Thks. Is a gringer better or a rotor drill head wheel?

Thks. Is a gringer better or a rotor drill head wheel?

Angle grinder with a 1.5 or 2mm CUTTING disc is the tool for the task, better than a key :) Do a reasonably neat job and your local handychap can tack-weld the lid back on (or if you can get it off the wall cut out the back).

Mark a suitably sized rectangle on your safe and drill a 5mm or so hole at each corner, join the holes with the grinder.

You could likely also use a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade, these cheap safes are not made of particularly tough stuff.

Why not contact the maker with the serial number? I lost the combo to mine and once I had a police report (free) I emailed them a copy and they sent me the combination! I would think if you sent proof of purchase they would send a duplicate key.